follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Averaging Down - don't panic when the market drops  (Read 1275 times)

Offline cryptothief

• Activity: 619
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 29, 2020, 07:07:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
Averaging Down - don't panic when the market drops
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
When I first started to invest I used to panic whenever the market dropped by a few dollars, now I've started to enjoy the drops. It provides an ideal opportunity to average down, something I really should have learned about earlier, but glad I did eventually. For those who don't know what 'averaging down' is, it is buying more coins (in this example anyway, but works in exactly the same way with regular stocks) when the price drops to bring down your average buying price, therefore lowering the price at which you can cash in a profit. Using Bitcoin as an example...

1. Bought 1 BTC at $18,000 back in January (aaaarrrgggghh, unlucky...)
2. Price of Bitcoin drops to $9,000 (aaaarrrggghhh, why me...) - your $18,000 of Bitcoin is now only worth $9,000 and you cannot make any profit until it gets back above $18,000 - or can you??
3. Buy 1 BTC at $9,000 (clever, buy the sh*t out of that dip) - your average price paid for 1 BTC is now 'only' $13,500
4. Cash in profit at any point above $13,500 (champagne corks popping)

Obviously there are additional factors to work into this, as it would normally be worth making more than one extra purchase as the price drops to get a better average and to cover any sudden bounces back up, but it definitely makes market drops easier to swallow. It also emphasises the need to not put all your eggs in one basket and make sure you have the funds to buy 'if' (translates in cryptospeak as 'when') the market falls. Deciding when you make these averaging down purchases is the key, as no-one has unlimited funds to keep buying more if the market keeps dropping, but plenty of research and use of technical analysis will go a long way to helping pick out buy points.
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▄▄██▄▄██████▄
██████████████████▀████▀████████
████████████████▄█▀██████▀████████
███████████████▀▀█▄██████▄█████████
██████████████▄█████▄████▄██████████
████████████████████▀▀██▀▀███████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Smarter
Than Crypto
||ANN
BOUNTY
Medium
Reddit
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
WEB

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Averaging Down - don't panic when the market drops
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline wxrhino

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 33
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 14, 2018, 11:14:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
Re: Averaging Down - don't panic when the market drops
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 10:46:14 PM »
I'm on the same boat as you and am now averaging down some ETH and BTC I bought (back when it was at 10k), hoping for a market rebound soon!

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG