follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Guide: NEO Wallets  (Read 1888 times)

Offline KryptoKitty123

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 6
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 20, 2018, 02:18:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Guide: NEO Wallets
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:03:56 PM »
Before selecting a wallet for NEO you must understand what you want to get from your wallet as there are a number of different wallet types to consider. Each of these offers a different level of convenience and security. For example, the hardware wallet is considered the most secure option, since it’s offline. In contrast, the web wallet is not as secure but is very convenient, as you can check your balance on any internet-connected device.

Desktop

One of the best NEO wallets available is NEON. This desktop wallet allows you to automatically claim your generated GAS when you’re holding NEO in your wallet. Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux, NEON is approved by NEO’s developers. It’s a light wallet, which means you don’t have to store a huge amount of data locally. Alternatively, there’s the official desktop wallet, NEO GUI. This will take time to sync with the whole blockchain, however, and is only currently compatible with Windows.

Hardware

Of the main hardware wallets on the market, only the Ledger Nano S wallet supports NEO currently. This is a great option for those seeking maximum security, since a hardware wallet is offline and not vulnerable to hackers or viruses. The Ledger Nano S works in conjunction with the NEON desktop wallet and allows you to claim GAS as a result

Mobile

There aren’t many NEO wallet options for mobile. The main option is O3 which is available for Android and iOS. Both versions allow you to claim GAS and are the recommended mobile apps on the official NEO website. There’s also another NEO mobile wallet option for Android called NEO APP. This is a light wallet which is also listed on the NEO website.

Web/Online

A web wallet is one of the least secure wallet types since it’s vulnerable to hackers and often involves leaving your private keys in the hands of a third party. However, there’s no doubt that web or online wallets are convenient. You can use NEO Tracker or NEO Wallet, which are both open-source wallets. In the case of NEO Tracker, private keys are stored locally on your computer, which is safer than storing it online with a third party.

Paper

A paper wallet is as secure as a hardware wallet, but more vulnerable to wear and tear. What’s more, you can’t claim generated GAS tokens with this wallet type. One of the best options available to you is the Ansy Paper Wallet for NEO. This makes generating a paper wallet for you NEO quick and easy.

If you would like to understand how NEO purchases differ from country to country I recommend you read www.cointelligence.com/content/ultimate-guide-neo [nofollow]

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Guide: NEO Wallets
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:03:56 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline pistachio

• Activity: 679
  • Transforming Real World Assets On The Blockchain
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 28, 2021, 01:17:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
Re: Guide: NEO Wallets
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:39 AM »
Anyone use Neon 0.2.2 ? 
I cannot install this version also previous 0.2.1 and 0.2.0,too.
I still use Neon 0.1.4 now.

Offline johnpeter

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 22
  • Last Active: May 19, 2018, 01:33:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:07:18 AM »
Anyone use Neon 0.2.2 ? 

I use Neon 0.2.2, it works fine.

Offline wxrhino

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 33
  • Last Active: April 14, 2018, 11:14:17 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
Anyone use Neon 0.2.2 ? 

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Offline pistachio

• Activity: 679
  • Transforming Real World Assets On The Blockchain
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 28, 2021, 01:17:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:23:56 AM »
Anyone use Neon 0.2.2 ? 

I use Neon 0.2.2, it works fine.
Thanks, information.
I also solve the problem by myself. actually, when I download Neon 0.2.2 1st time, then try to install at show up 'NSIS error'
so, I gave up install, but I show your comment then try it again, so finally, re-write download file again, then it worked to install.
thanks, again.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:41:22 AM by pistachio »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG