follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Low Quality Posts & LQP Penalties: How to deal with shitposters  (Read 22817 times)

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: Today at 11:17:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Low Quality Penalty
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »
I see the forum is trying it's best to stop the shitposters. Once an member become loyal to any forum then basically do not care about ranking up or this kind of stuffs. I hope I will have good time here. Just a newbie expecting to hangup with the community.

This is still very easy to rank up on this forum especially if you don't spam. If you are quality content poster this is enough to post frequently to be hero member in few months. I think this is good and Admin is doing great job adding all new features, requirements and penalties. This all will help to grow this forum in steady and healthy way.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline ALT Legendary

• Activity: 154
  • Just checking in
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 07, 2019, 07:06:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Topic Starter Poll Voter Poll Starter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »
This is still very easy to rank up on this forum especially if you don't spam. If you are quality content poster this is enough to post frequently to be hero member in few months. I think this is good and Admin is doing great job adding all new features, requirements and penalties. This all will help to grow this forum in steady and healthy way.
Finally I feel like I am having some companion on this forum. Thanks for your feedback on this topic plus on the other topics as well.

▬▬▬▬  █   [ Guaranteed Lifetime Revenue Share 15% ]   █  ▬▬▬▬

Offline Madapaka05

• Activity: 136
  • Last Active: July 30, 2018, 06:22:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Topic Starter 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 03:40:25 PM »
There is a saying This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

There is always some people that will try to cheat the system,

On this forum as you might have noticed we have an easy ranking up system, no waiting for several month to rank up ...
this led some to abuse of the system just to rank up, giving these people negative karma will not push them to improve their contribution.

For example, i have came accross many account that reply by 1 or 2 words, just to increase the post count. Even one account was replying "this is great" for practically everything ...

We can not let this pass by, that's why i am introducing the low quality penalty.

If you find such a member, please pm me, or send him a link to this post.

The penalty will be the reduction of posts count, thus loss or reduce in rank.

Anyone posting low quality replies very frequently or bumping threads with duplicated content or quoting of previous text, will suffer from this penalty.

My advise:
If you want to rank up, there is absolutely no problem, and i have nothing against that, but rank with quality posts, not shit posts!!
Best option:
1- Post questions/ answers in your local language section.
2- Contribute in discussions give your opinion.

update:
quick replies and posts with few words are no longer counted.
I have seen a lot of post in this forum with meaningless point just for rank up this will be consider it because they are newbie into crypto world.
ubanx ⟫⟫ Telegram ⟫⟫ Facebook ⟫⟫ Twitter Pre-Sale is Live. ubanx
Providing digital platform and physical spaces to meet, learn and connect
-------Visit our Website-------

Offline ALT Legendary

• Just checking in
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
I have seen a lot of post in this forum with meaningless point just for rank up this will be consider it because they are newbie into crypto world.
I did notice the same however I strongly believe the mods are doing their job and they are scanning the forum with their sharp eyes. Rest assure, we need to make sure we are engaging and helping the forum members.

Offline claudio2

• Activity: 1190
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: November 13, 2019, 04:09:37 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »

I did notice the same however I strongly believe the mods are doing their job and they are scanning the forum with their sharp eyes. Rest assure, we need to make sure we are engaging and helping the forum members.

If you see these posts, just click on "Report to moderator" link and moderation will analyze them.
                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                
         ▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄         
      ▄█████████████████████████▄      
   ▄███████████████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀█████▄  
 ██████████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████████ 
▐█████████████████████▀    ▄██████████▌
███████████████████▀▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████████▀    ▄████████████████
██████████████▀    ▄██████████████████▀
▐█████████▀▀   ▄▄██████████████████▀▀  
 ▀█████▀    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀   ▄  
  ▀██▀                         ▄████▀  
    ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▀    
      ▀█████████████████████████▀   
         ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        

.zeosX.
            Borrow with or without collateral
                        ■ Luxurious and stunning quality cards
■ Superior crypto mobile wallet      ■ Investments, auction and lending
  ...WHITEPAPER....
                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
    ▄▄████████▄▄   
  ▄██████████████▄ 
 ███████████▀▀█████
█████▌ ▀██     ▄████
█████▌         █████
██████▄      ▄██████
 █████▀    ▄▄██████
  ▀██████████████▀ 
    ▀▀████████▀▀   
▄██████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀███
██████████▀     ▄███
██████████   ███████
███████▌        ▐███
████████▄▄   ▄▄▄████
██████████   ███████
██████████   ███████
▀█████████   ██████▀
▄██████████████████▄
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ ███████████ ██ ██
██ ████▀▄▄▄▄▀████ ██
██ ███ █▌  ▐█ ███ ██
██ ████▄▀▀▀▀▄████ ██
██ ██████████████ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
▀██████████████████▀
altcoinstalks

Offline ALT Legendary

• Just checking in
    • View Profile

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »
Good thinking. I'd also like to recommend that there be a minimum karma level at some point soon to rank up. Although there is no real benefit to ranking up, it'd be nice to have an incentive to become a Sr member and above, rather than just by posting a lot. Starting with the idea of having Jr Members requiring neutral karma (which is similar to idea of for airdrops/withdrawals requiring 0 karma anyway) followed by Sr and above requiring a small amount of karma. For me, someone isn't a Jr Member if they have negative karma, they are more likely a spammer. This is so that someone Sr has at least contributed something worthwhile (rather than just a lot of posts), while Hero and above needing to contribute "enough" for said rank.

For example:
Jr Member: 0 karma
Sr Member: 1 karma
Hero Member: X karma
Legendary Member: X karma.

I realise this might be a controversial proposal to some, as BTT has the Merit system, but please remember that the main failure of this system is the bar is set so high (100 for full member for example). I'd therefore suggest a very low karma minimum requirement level, as an experiment.
It'd be nice to hear people's thoughts on this issue.
Let's forget about karma for a minute. If I am not wrong it's similar like merit in BTT.

Take my example in count... I will be a Full Member after making two posts (including this). I registered 2 days ago. The forum is lucky that I do not have any intention to misuse it. I am not even spamming at all. But it's the luck and you can not rely on luck.

If someone register two days ago and after two days if he/she become a Full member and the way I am posting on the forum I bet I will become Sr. Member in the next 7 or so days... You think it's ok to feel for those who are with the forum from long time? Someone with bad intention can run a bot and can post 100s of posts every day and can become a Legend in 10 days (I got this information that you need 1000 posts to become Legend). You think it's fair?

What I am suggesting is, bring something like activity count in BTT. I would like your feedback on it if possible then from the admin.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »
Good thinking. I'd also like to recommend that there be a minimum karma level at some point soon to rank up. Although there is no real benefit to ranking up, it'd be nice to have an incentive to become a Sr member and above, rather than just by posting a lot. Starting with the idea of having Jr Members requiring neutral karma (which is similar to idea of for airdrops/withdrawals requiring 0 karma anyway) followed by Sr and above requiring a small amount of karma. For me, someone isn't a Jr Member if they have negative karma, they are more likely a spammer. This is so that someone Sr has at least contributed something worthwhile (rather than just a lot of posts), while Hero and above needing to contribute "enough" for said rank.

For example:
Jr Member: 0 karma
Sr Member: 1 karma
Hero Member: X karma
Legendary Member: X karma.

I realise this might be a controversial proposal to some, as BTT has the Merit system, but please remember that the main failure of this system is the bar is set so high (100 for full member for example). I'd therefore suggest a very low karma minimum requirement level, as an experiment.
It'd be nice to hear people's thoughts on this issue.
Let's forget about karma for a minute. If I am not wrong it's similar like merit in BTT.

Take my example in count... I will be a Full Member after making two posts (including this). I registered 2 days ago. The forum is lucky that I do not have any intention to misuse it. I am not even spamming at all. But it's the luck and you can not rely on luck.

If someone register two days ago and after two days if he/she become a Full member and the way I am posting on the forum I bet I will become Sr. Member in the next 7 or so days... You think it's ok to feel for those who are with the forum from long time? Someone with bad intention can run a bot and can post 100s of posts every day and can become a Legend in 10 days (I got this information that you need 1000 posts to become Legend). You think it's fair?

What I am suggesting is, bring something like activity count in BTT. I would like your feedback on it if possible then from the admin.

Admin is aware of this for sure but AltcoinsTalks is still young forum and we need new members. If there will be problem in the future with ranking abuse for sure Admin will implement new requirement like activity or something similar.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »

Offline ALT Legendary

• Just checking in
    • View Profile

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »

Admin is aware of this for sure but AltcoinsTalks is still young forum and we need new members. If there will be problem in the future with ranking abuse for sure Admin will implement new requirement like activity or something similar.
I kind of agree with not having many members. I hope once we will have enough member then the admin will bring something that stops easy ranking using bot and stuffs. We need more human than robots.

For example, i have came accross many account that reply by 1 or 2 words, just to increase the post count. Even one account was replying "this is great" for practically everything ...

We can not let this pass by, that's why i am introducing the low quality penalty.

If you find such a member, please pm me, or send him a link to this post.

The penalty will be the reduction of posts count, thus loss or reduce in rank.

Anyone posting low quality replies very frequently or bumping threads with duplicated content or quoting of previous text, will suffer from this penalty.
update:
quick replies and posts with few words are no longer counted.
Can we use Punish button for such posters? i.e: this post. A topic with a word "Why?" Seriously?

I already reported though but not sure If you press the punish button for this post.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:42:32 PM by ALT Legendary »

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 09:43:47 AM »
No, not punish for spam only report and if you want show to spammer link to low quality penalty post from Admin. I already asked this question sooner and I get this answer from Admin. Of course you can report using "report" button and put there all you know about this account. That his is a spammer and low quality poster and should be punished with low quality penalty. 

Now I started to think and i'm not so sure about this second part with reporting.

Admin, shall we report such a low quality poster and put in report that he should be punished with low quality penalty or report straight to you via PM. Because I don't think that  moderator has the ability to execute this penalty so he has to inform you about this, correct?

Offline ped123

• Activity: 76
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: December 03, 2019, 12:07:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Topic Starter 50 Posts 10 Posts
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
Using karma to increase rank, most likely, a premature idea. As for the shitposting, it's necessary that the moderators simply delete such meaningless messages.

I agree with this idea. No one will grow if they continue this kind of attitude by posting foul words or any unnecessary words which are not related to the topic.

Offline ALT Legendary

• Just checking in
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
Admin, shall we report such a low quality poster and put in report that he should be punished with low quality penalty or report straight to you via PM. Because I don't think that  moderator has the ability to execute this penalty so he has to inform you about this, correct?
It create double punishment, isn't it? Reporting the post is the minor one than pressing the punish button.

Offline claudio2

• Activity: 1190
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: November 13, 2019, 04:09:37 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 07:13:15 PM »

You can do either one. When you report a spam or a low quality post, we always check post historic from user. If he/she is a frequent spammer or shitposter we pass the case to Admin.
                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                
         ▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄         
      ▄█████████████████████████▄      
   ▄███████████████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀█████▄  
 ██████████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████████ 
▐█████████████████████▀    ▄██████████▌
███████████████████▀▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████████▀    ▄████████████████
██████████████▀    ▄██████████████████▀
▐█████████▀▀   ▄▄██████████████████▀▀  
 ▀█████▀    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀   ▄  
  ▀██▀                         ▄████▀  
    ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▀    
      ▀█████████████████████████▀   
         ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        

.zeosX.
            Borrow with or without collateral
                        ■ Luxurious and stunning quality cards
■ Superior crypto mobile wallet      ■ Investments, auction and lending
  ...WHITEPAPER....
                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
    ▄▄████████▄▄   
  ▄██████████████▄ 
 ███████████▀▀█████
█████▌ ▀██     ▄████
█████▌         █████
██████▄      ▄██████
 █████▀    ▄▄██████
  ▀██████████████▀ 
    ▀▀████████▀▀   
▄██████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀███
██████████▀     ▄███
██████████   ███████
███████▌        ▐███
████████▄▄   ▄▄▄████
██████████   ███████
██████████   ███████
▀█████████   ██████▀
▄██████████████████▄
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ ███████████ ██ ██
██ ████▀▄▄▄▄▀████ ██
██ ███ █▌  ▐█ ███ ██
██ ████▄▀▀▀▀▄████ ██
██ ██████████████ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
▀██████████████████▀
altcoinstalks

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
You can do either one. When you report a spam or a low quality post, we always check post historic from user. If he/she is a frequent spammer or shitposter we pass the case to Admin.
Thanks for this explanation Claudio2. I'll have to wait for report button to appear again to continue my Crusade against spam. This is so annoying to read  two words answers 70% of the time. Low quality penalty should be enforced with full confidence and determination if spammer has been detected.

Online admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2029
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: Today at 09:06:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »
Thanks for this explanation Claudio2. I'll have to wait for report button to appear again to continue my Crusade against spam. This is so annoying to read  two words answers 70% of the time. Low quality penalty should be enforced with full confidence and determination if spammer has been detected.

don't report the 2 word replies, as they no longer count in post count, and just generate false urgency
At your service.

Offline ALT Legendary

• Just checking in
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
don't report the 2 word replies, as they no longer count in post count, and just generate false urgency
Thanks for the feedback.
How about this...
It create double punishment, isn't it? Reporting the post is the minor one than pressing the punish button.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG