follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Low Quality Posts & LQP Penalties: How to deal with shitposters  (Read 23025 times)

Offline pokxon

• Activity: 853
  • Beyond Protocol Street Team
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: August 11, 2021, 10:47:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
Re: Low Quality Penalty
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2018, 05:19:44 AM »
Hello admin,
I am a Vietnamese. I joined this forum for the purpose of tracking and discussing the news to the crypto community. However, I find that many people are using the local language box to spam to help them increase their rankings for signature campaigns. Here is an example. Can you have a good solution to limit this? When you go to a discussion box, do you see news or repetitive topics that annoy you?
Link topic 1: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=60075.0

Link topic 2: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=60035.0

They only use copy/paste to boost their ranking. I have a topic on Vietnamese section about palagiarism content, hope local admin will have resolution for that.
I joined altcointalk for a long time and I know what I'm doing in this. I'm not good at speaking english so I choose the local section to post. At that time, very few Vietnamese knew Altcointalks so I looked at how local administrators posted and I followed him. What did I do wrong with what the local administrator did? I use the "search" function before posting a post. Look at the picture and look at the time. OK. If I'm wrong, punish me.
Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official altcoinstalks thread

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2018, 05:19:44 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline mightwalker

• Activity: 210
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 09, 2019, 09:58:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »
Hello admin,
I am a Vietnamese. I joined this forum for the purpose of tracking and discussing the news to the crypto community. However, I find that many people are using the local language box to spam to help them increase their rankings for signature campaigns. Here is an example. Can you have a good solution to limit this? When you go to a discussion box, do you see news or repetitive topics that annoy you?

As I see, this is discussion box. And my topic is about discussion topic. Maybe pokxon does not check my topic, It already has. This is not big problem, In bct have more duplicate topic. Mod should work harder to remove it.

take a deep look at both posts, your post is not original and you did not mention the resource. This is considered as palagiarism. With pokxon, I think he have followed the rules
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:33:37 AM by mightwalker »

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄   ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████████▄███████████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████████    ████████
 ████████████████████████████████████████    ████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████    ████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████    ████
█████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████
 ████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████
 ████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ███
  ███████████████████████████████████████    ████    ██
   ██████████████████████████████████    ████    █████
    ▀███████████████████████▀████████    ████    ███▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀   ▀▀█    ████    ████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀              ████    ▀▀
DINNGO
THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE
⚫●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Medium    ●    Reddit    ●    Youtube    ●⚫
White Paper
ANN Thread

JOIN DINNGO
COMMUNITY

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

Offline pokxon

• Activity: 853
  • Beyond Protocol Street Team
  • Last Active: August 11, 2021, 10:47:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
Hello admin,

As I see, this is discussion box. And my topic is about discussion topic. Maybe pokxon does not check my topic, It already has. This is not big problem, In bct have more duplicate topic. Mod should work harder to remove it.

take a deep look at both posts, your post is not original and you did not mention the resource. This is considered as palagiarism. With pokxon, I think he have followed the rules
Maybe he forgot this. We may consider his case. I talked to him about this issue.
Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official altcoinstalks thread

Offline PRIBO247

• Activity: 1071
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 09, 2019, 01:08:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2018, 05:19:47 PM »
]
Good thinking. I'd also like to recommend that there be a minimum karma level at some point soon to rank up. Although there is no real benefit to ranking up, it'd be nice to have an incentive to become a Sr member and above, rather than just by posting a lot. Starting with the idea of having Jr Members requiring neutral karma (which is similar to idea of for airdrops/withdrawals requiring 0 karma anyway) followed by Sr and above requiring a small amount of karma. For me, someone isn't a Jr Member if they have negative karma, they are more likely a spammer. This is so that someone Sr has at least contributed something worthwhile (rather than just a lot of posts), while Hero and above needing to contribute "enough" for said rank.

For example:
Jr Member: 0 karma
Sr Member: 1 karma
Hero Member: X karma
Legendary Member: X karma.

I realise this might be a controversial proposal to some, as BTT has the Merit system, but please remember that the main failure of this system is the bar is set so high (100 for full member for example). I'd therefore suggest a very low karma minimum requirement level, as an experiment.
It'd be nice to hear people's thoughts on this issue.
[/quote]

Altcoinstalk  Forum is relatively new and still trying to get members to come in, so I don't think your idea will help achieve this aim. That is not to say that shitty and useless post should be allowed. But like the solution proferred by the admin, shitty post = point loss will make people sit up and think about what they post before posting.

Offline Cold_Zero

• Activity: 351
  • eLYQD ICO
  • Last Active: April 27, 2020, 05:51:13 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 03:20:52 AM »
Hello admin,

I see I am on your report. OK, this is my fault when create duplicate topic, I did not pay attention when posting new posts. Next time I will pay attention to the topics already on the ALTT. And this topic already deleted for duplicate.

But, before you report some one like you are very kind and good member there. Be sure you are good. But NO, you are a hypocrite and suck persion only.

https:// bitcointalk .org/index.php?topic=4619387.msg42774789#msg42774789

https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=42337.msg321544#msg321544

Offline Jimmygym

• Activity: 46
  • Last Active: February 25, 2020, 11:24:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »
Thank you for writing an article on of the major issues of a forum that is abusing and still getting higher post counts. These people should have reduced post counts and someone should charge them a higher amount of penalty so that they can get a lesson from it. This article will surely help in the growth of forum

Offline cryptomate3473

• Plagiarism strike
  • Activity: 85
  • Last Active: November 03, 2019, 02:50:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »
 Why are low quality links bad for SEO? To answer the ... I'll also be looking at link penalties (and giving tips for recovery).

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Low Quality Penalties (LQP)
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2020, 12:40:55 AM »
Updated. "There are always some people that will try to cheat the system. This is why as a community we moderate the system that we created."

There is a saying: "This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things"

As you might have noticed, on this forum we have an activity-based ranking system.

There are always some people that will try to cheat the system. This is why as a community we moderate the system that we created.

Due to those abusing the system just to rank up, such as replies with 1 or 2 words just to increase post count:
  • Quick replies and posts with few words are no longer counted. Instead they are punishable
  • There are low quality penalties you can receive: negative karma, loss of points, strikes and LQP
  • Please do not report low quality posts to mods, this is moderated by -karma, otherwise > Penalty

This is how you can help us with low quality posters:

This is what you can do to punish low quality posters:
  • If you are a karma issuing member, give -karma if you feel it's appropriate, but do not abuse this otherwise > Penalty
  • If you are a Hero member or above, you can appeal for a shitposter karma review to karma issuers > Click here

The penalties you will initially face for shistposting varies:
  • Negative karma given to you by members of the forum as well as moderators
  • The loss of points or rank demotion when sentenced by a judge in the forum court

- Removing negative karma: You lose some of your points and you need to send 3 ALTS/per negative karma

Repeat offenders who continue to shipost can be given:
  • Behavioral strikes:
    • 1st strike   
    • 2nd strike
    • 3rd strike 
  • LQP Penalty:              .

Some advise:
  • If you want to rank up, this is absolutely no problem and there is nothing against that, but rank up with quality posts, not shit posts!
  • Read the forum rules before posting and learn how to rank up without receiving penalties, otherwise you may be punished.
  • Provide good answers, interesting questions, useful topics and helpful comments for other members.

If the user is posting very frequently or bumping threads in a spammy way, report them here.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:48:31 PM by dragononcrypto »

Offline Master107

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3732
  • Last Active: January 21, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Low Quality Penalties (LQP)
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »
Updated. "There are always some people that will try to cheat the system. This is why as a community we moderate the system that we created."

Vision is important to maintain the mission. Because vision without a mission is just a written letters on the water - useless. So to moderate the forum is necessary to form the future at the present. Bigger place is what I see in Altcoins Talks which I think I'm already there.

I'll support.

Offline Gostudio

• Activity: 233
  • “FRX: Ferocious Alpha”
  • Last Active: June 29, 2022, 06:40:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
Re: Low Quality Posts & LQP Penalties: How to deal with shitposters
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2020, 12:10:37 PM »
This is really good. The forum is really working, its system is strict and yet friendly. I hope this will continue.
Shalom, shalom.

Offline Master107

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »
This is really good. The forum is really working, its system is strict and yet friendly. I hope this will continue.
Shalom, shalom.

Everything change according to what the community's behavior. I hope the friendly environment will continue because we all need love and respect. Also hope that everyone will participate and abide the forum rules.

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1503
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: April 10, 2024, 03:51:25 AM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »
I think we all see that finally more is happening on the forum and admins with mods published many updates about everything.

I can assure everybody that the court will be kept updated and cases resolved whiteout any issues or delays

Court is an original feature and to be honest I haven't seen it anywhere else.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Master107

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »
I think we all see that finally more is happening on the forum and admins with mods published many updates about everything.

That's great!
The forum evidence of preparing much bigger and wider range fair approach. Healthy forum. More good things to come.

I can assure everybody that the court will be kept updated and cases resolved whiteout any issues or delays

Court is an original feature and to be honest I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Nice.

From the past even until now, the forum remains intense once there is an open case. The court is the place where they can find the fair judgment.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG