follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Crypto scam cause to lost $71 million, an unbelievable trick surprise the world  (Read 133 times)

Offline Cryptocrit

• Activity: 58
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 09, 2024, 08:01:56 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    One year Anniversary 50 Posts Karma
A person lost $71 million on Crypto scam, an unbelievable trick surprise the world

The cryptocurrency communities are really surprised by hearing about this type of tricks to make scam, also demanded the urgent need for increased awareness and education on the risks associated with digital asset transactions.

more....
https://www.cryptocrit.xyz/2024/05/a-person-lost-71-million-on-crypto-scam.html

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4209
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 09, 2024, 02:24:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary

The strategy used in this case is not something really new since I heard of similar stories even years ago...what is astonishing here is the amount - $71 million worth of ETH - which is truly staggering and this happened in just one transaction with the deceitfulness of address poisoning attack where the victim was not looking at the entire address where he sent the asset to. This is so sad and I am sure this affected the victim in a profound way as even losing like $1000 can already be gargantuan to me how much more if it can be worth millions. The big lesson here is to see the full address of the recipient wallet to make sure it is correct and not changed somehow.

Offline DYING_S0UL

• Activity: 381
  • A Simple act of Kindness creates an Endless Ripple
  • Last Active: May 09, 2024, 07:35:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
This is one of the most common crypto scam methods. In address poisoning, the scammer creates an address that is similar to the victim's address. Not fully similar, but the first and last strings of the address. And if one isn't careful enough, he or she will lose everything. I don't know how exactly poisoning works or is made, but it's really frightening. To be honest, nobody memorizes their full address or can. In short it's hard. It isn't something memorisable. For me, I can only memorize last strings, maybe 5 characters, but no more than that.

Note: If I were sending $71 million worth of assets, I would definitely check every character one by one. No way I'm trusting copy paste or autofill option!...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:10:34 PM by DYING_S0UL »
A Simple act of Kindness creates an Endless Ripple.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG