follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: OCC approves the use of stablecoins for banking transactions.  (Read 735 times)

Offline Malam90

• Mythical
  • Activity: 5871
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: March 13, 2023, 02:19:03 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
OCC approves the use of stablecoins for banking transactions.
« on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:14 AM »
Top US banking regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, has approved the use of stablecoins for the settlement of financial transactions by banks.

The OCC guidance clears the way for banks to participate in independent node verification networks (INVN) and use stablecoins to conduct payment activities and other bank-permissible functions.

Acting Comptroller of the Currency Brian P. Brooks, says: “The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets recently articulated a strong framework for ushering in an era of stablecoin-based financial infrastructure, identifying important risks while allowing those risks to be managed in a technology-agnostic way. Our letter removes any legal uncertainty about the authority of banks to connect to blockchains as validator nodes and thereby transact stablecoin payments on behalf of customers who are increasingly demanding the speed, efficiency, interoperability, and low cost associated with these products.”

The agency letter concludes a national bank or federal savings association may validate, store, and record payments transactions by serving as a node on an INVN. Likewise, a bank may use INVNs and related stablecoins to carry out other permissible payment activities.

While the OCC's approval added to the surge of investor interest in cryptocurrency, the guidance does not cover decentralised assets like bitcoin. Rather, the lifting of perceived restrictions is linked to regulatory-approved bank-issued coins and central bank digitial currencies.  Source link

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

OCC approves the use of stablecoins for banking transactions.
« on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:14 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Noverteno

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1327
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 16, 2023, 11:32:56 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: OCC approves the use of stablecoins for banking transactions.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:44:11 AM »
Of course, states, and primarily the United States, will care primarily about centralized digital currencies based on the blockchain. They can allow and regulate the circulation of decentralized cryptocurrency, but they will never actively support it.
However, this decision by a major US regulator also has a great positive significance. A variety of private and other commercial stablecoins will be admitted to banking circulation. And this is already a good thing, since states could follow the path of recognizing only stablecoins issued by states.

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »
This is good news for stable coins that all local banks can use.
I often do the same thing when I see P2P trading on Binance which is connected to a local bank in my country.
This is really amazing because Binance is able to make it easy to deposit and withdraw using local banks and this thread shows that this OCC is very open to cryptocurrency.
retire and rest in peace

Offline Condorlaib

• Activity: 663
  • Last Active: February 23, 2024, 12:08:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 02:43:29 PM »
Now I can be calm about the funds that are stored in my USDT blockchain. The fact is that I have been using USDT for a long time to store my money instead of banks.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG