follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses  (Read 1618 times)

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 839
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 08:25:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Search Karma
Re: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2024, 09:51:38 AM »
As you said, usage of pirated apps or even the OS is the primary reasons why many users become victims of the hackers. These attacks usually target wide range of people so we can save ourselves when we try to be sensible with our funds.
correct and this is the sole reason why most are offering free apps downloading because it is not that game or what they are offering is importand instead the advantage they can get in you.

There are other marketplaces to download apps apart from google playstore but when we are talking about  paid apps are available for free or they call it modded apks which are risky and should not be even visited those sites in a device where crypto wallets are installed. There are some malware can be downloaded in the background and installed and can be completely invisible while tracking everything.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2024, 09:51:38 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Tribalchief

• Activity: 467
  • Bitcoin or Nothing
  • Last Active: Today at 08:23:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Karma Good Poll Voter Signature
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2024, 12:47:16 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced that. That's really a bad experience and I hope you don't get swayed away with cryptocurrency and learn from your mistakes. You must make amends to that in a way that you wouldn't repeat it.

It's a good practice to check the final transaction and see the address. Sometimes you have to verify as well on your exchange (if that's where you will be transferring) if they made amends to their receiving addresses.

An error that cannot be corrected once done. Rechecking the receiver's wallet address is indeed a good practice for preventing such a massive mistake, but sometimes, we find ourselves in an exciting and swift position where we just want to do things in a hasty manner.

From what I have learned so far, there are viruses that can detect cryptocurrency wallet addresses and then when copied and pasted, they will automatically change the copied wallet address to the hacker's wallet address. The name of this virus is Masad Stealer Malware, or perhaps there are other types of malware that have not been named but have the same mechanism.

Usually, to clean this type of virus, antivirus alone is not enough, but you have to do a complete clean. Several years ago my PC was attacked by this virus and what I know is that the hacker address does not always appear when I press CTRL + V, but more often the hacker address appears when pressing the CTRL + V button when copying my address.

I realized this when I double-checked the last few letters for the address I was going to with the one I pasted. And strangely, when it was removed using the Windows Defender antivirus, this malware returned to activity some time later after the PC was restarted.

I think I am currently experiencing an issue with malware affecting my phone's clipboard. When I copy a bunch of text and switch tabs to paste, there is some kind of unusual interference affecting my copied text. I have taken note of this, which means I must find a quick solution before making my next transaction.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████

Online Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1130
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 08:42:39 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2024, 08:04:40 PM »
There are other marketplaces to download apps apart from google playstore but when we are talking about  paid apps are available for free or they call it modded apks which are risky and should not be even visited those sites in a device where crypto wallets are installed. There are some malware can be downloaded in the background and installed and can be completely invisible while tracking everything.

A lot of people don't know or understand the risks involved in this thing. They often go to Google and search for moded APKs for certain apps and games download them from different websites and install them on their device where they have their financial apps as well as cryptocurrency wallets, etc. They either don't have any knowledge about malware infections or think they know everything.

I've often seen people complaining about their accounts getting hacked or their funds getting stolen and when you have a look at their phone, its full of useless apps and games and they have downloaded them from untrustworthy sources over the internet.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2121
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 08:51:57 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2024, 03:18:15 AM »
I never knew this was possible so usually just copy the address and send without confirming much. Well turns out that was a big mistake on my part. Never knew that clipboard can do such. I don't know if it's a malware, I ended up using an address that wasn't mine and funny holds some units of Bitcoin.

Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting. Recall Bitcoin transactions are irreversible after 6 confirmations, once confirmed it's gone. You can tell the wallet address it went to but not the owner. Except they are careless,  which I doubt they are.
This happened to me once with Bybit during withdrawal transactions I copied a random wallet address and I double check on it and it's different on the wallet address destination so I carefully copied my own address and it's successfully tranferred. Lucky for me I saw that address before tapping confirm if not it would end very badly for my funds. So next time guys I highly recommend please double check before sending transactions as we all know transactions are irreversible.
That's right, don't be reluctant to keep repeating checking every transaction that will be carried out, because it could be that when you copy and paste it doesn't match what we want because of the work of the person who really wants to take the funds we send to get them to their place. We hope that information like what you did will also attract the attention of all colleagues so that they do not hesitate to repeat checking whether it is in accordance with what they want, so that fraudsters cannot take their fund.

Online Litzki1990

• Activity: 886
  • Last Active: Today at 08:33:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2024, 04:02:39 AM »
I never knew this was possible so usually just copy the address and send without confirming much. Well turns out that was a big mistake on my part. Never knew that clipboard can do such. I don't know if it's a malware, I ended up using an address that wasn't mine and funny holds some units of Bitcoin.

Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting. Recall Bitcoin transactions are irreversible after 6 confirmations, once confirmed it's gone. You can tell the wallet address it went to but not the owner. Except they are careless,  which I doubt they are.
Your wallet address is very important and before sending your wallet address to anywhere, be sure to double check that you have copied the correct address. If you are in too much hurry while copying the address and in too much hurry if you copy wrong address and submit wrong address then your payment or your money will never reach your wallet. One should never be too hasty while copying the wallet address. It doesn't take much time to copy a wallet address and it doesn't take much time to match that address with the wallet so we must be careful that we don't make mistakes while copying the wallet address.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2121
  • Last Active: Today at 08:51:57 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2024, 06:28:09 AM »
Your wallet address is very important and before sending your wallet address to anywhere, be sure to double check that you have copied the correct address. If you are in too much hurry while copying the address and in too much hurry if you copy wrong address and submit wrong address then your payment or your money will never reach your wallet. One should never be too hasty while copying the wallet address. It doesn't take much time to copy a wallet address and it doesn't take much time to match that address with the wallet so we must be careful that we don't make mistakes while copying the wallet address.
Sometimes you underestimate your attitude when copying and pasting your wallet address with full confidence and don't double-check because you are sure that you have copied and pasted correctly, even though when you copy and paste it, you copy and paste something that has been done before and not the latest one and that can happen. So before sending it, don't hesitate to check again and this is usually ignored.
I agree, there is no need to rush to carry out any transactions because you are not pressed for time, so you can avoid mistakes that might be made by continuing to check again.
You don't need to feel very confident if you don't repeat it to check again.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG