follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: The growth over the CEXes in the past months!  (Read 607 times)

Offline XFinite

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 11
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:03:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts Karma Search
The growth over the CEXes in the past months!
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:21:22 PM »
I know in this forum, majority of us trade on CEX while others trade on DEX, and I can see there's DEX vs CEX debate as well, but let's keep that aside and I ask you something, have you seen the recent growth of some CEXs? These numbers don't lie if you look at it.  ;)
So most of us know that Binance is the top1 one and only has been growing since, and also they recently had a good increase in Q1 spot trading volume growth according to cryptorank, reference here: twitter.com/CryptoRank_io/status/1776233217311338824

Looking at this report, even though I was surprised to see that other CEXs like Bitget, Bitmart, Bybit and others took lead as they experience rapid expansion. Binance could have easily totally taken the top spot in this report, but I guess it makes sense, that it's just failing to regulate in some regions and these other CEXs are listing tons of new tokens all the time. Since that means more choices and a much bigger market for everyone. Super helpful for projects that have been around for a while but haven't snagged a Binance listing yet.
So now I wonder what else things that drive them to have a good report this year?

As you may agree or not, CEXs generally have much higher trading volumes than DEX and that makes it for users to buy and sell on the CEX rather than on DEX.  :D

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

The growth over the CEXes in the past months!
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:21:22 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 793
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 05:33:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
Re: The growth over the CEXes in the past months!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 05:54:20 PM »
As you may agree or not, CEXs generally have much higher trading volumes than DEX and that makes it for users to buy and sell on the CEX rather than on DEX.  :D
Yea of course most traders prefer using CEX for trading, because it has so many cryptocurrency, and you can easily convert your cryptocurrency in CEX and get paid in your local currency using p2p which I think is the most reason why CEX is booming more then DEX. However, for privacy sake, DEX still remains the best. The crypto market is increasing as new adopters are entering the market everyday, and it is a good business for exchanges, that is why you see the number of exchanges increasing. Binance is gradually losing their customers in regions where the country government gave banned them from operating due to their illegal operations in the past.

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1671
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:30:32 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 05:02:55 AM »

If exchange fees in some DEX are more than $20 and there is a possibility that my account will be “hacked”, then why would I use those platforms?
There are no decentralized platforms in the true sense, but rather platforms that ask you to complete identity verification and others that do not.
Those that do not ask you to complete identity verification and that claim they do not have access to your private key are bridges where tokens are locked/unlocked, meaning a central point of failure.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline AvatarSiri

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 31
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 06:21:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma 10 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 06:45:06 AM »
I know in this forum, majority of us trade on CEX while others trade on DEX, and I can see there's DEX vs CEX debate as well, but let's keep that aside and I ask you something, have you seen the recent growth of some CEXs? These numbers don't lie if you look at it.  ;)
So most of us know that Binance is the top1 one and only has been growing since, and also they recently had a good increase in Q1 spot trading volume growth according to cryptorank, reference here: twitter.com/CryptoRank_io/status/1776233217311338824

Looking at this report, even though I was surprised to see that other CEXs like Bitget, Bitmart, Bybit and others took lead as they experience rapid expansion. Binance could have easily totally taken the top spot in this report, but I guess it makes sense, that it's just failing to regulate in some regions and these other CEXs are listing tons of new tokens all the time. Since that means more choices and a much bigger market for everyone. Super helpful for projects that have been around for a while but haven't snagged a Binance listing yet.
So now I wonder what else things that drive them to have a good report this year?

I'm somewhat surprised to see Binance ranking lower in the hierarchy, but that's the beauty of crypto; other exchanges are stepping up. Kudos to the top three CEX on the list; they've really stepped up. I invested in GPT, PIXEL, and ZETA in Feb. and am still holding due to the impressive numbers they achieved. You've got to hand it to Bitget's listing team for discovering these gems early

Offline target

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1243
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 06:37:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Search Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 07:36:49 AM »

Bull market forces new CEXes to add tokens to co.pete the old ones for new users of cryptocurrencies. Bitget for example are adding lots of tokens that cant be found in binance.

Its the repeat of what happened 2020 where VINDAX and its friends also come to add all kinds of scam projects but after the bull run, the exchange is over also.
▐ ████|    ViteX   |   https://vitex.net/    |████ ▌
Exchange By The Community, For The Community

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1703
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 01:11:23 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 08:09:17 AM »
I always take those volumes with a ton of salt, all exchanges back in 2016-2017 were faking their volumes, there is no way their actual volumes are true even now, there is a ton of weird stuff going on with the discrepancies between some coins liquidity and the market depth and their insane volume, while on other exchanges these is silence but just the same amount of coins on the order book.

If exchange fees in some DEX are more than $20 and there is a possibility that my account will be “hacked”, then why would I use those platforms?
There are no decentralized platforms in the true sense, but rather platforms that ask you to complete identity verification and others that do not.

Even with a true p2p exchange, I see nothing comforting in giving a random stranger on the internet my full name and bank number, you bypass KYC on a platform and then you stumble upon a possible honeypot, I don't know what's worse of the two.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline MCcabe Rory

• Activity: 56
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 08:56:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Quick Poster 50 Posts Karma
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 11:51:22 PM »

Bull market forces new CEXes to add tokens to co.pete the old ones for new users of cryptocurrencies. Bitget for example are adding lots of tokens that cant be found in binance.

Its the repeat of what happened 2020 where VINDAX and its friends also come to add all kinds of scam projects but after the bull run, the exchange is over also.
I think you might have the perspective wrong. Binance has a higher threshold for entry due to listing fees and other factors, whereas platforms like Bitget seem to be more community-oriented. I was particularly impressed by their recent support for the Slerf community, and they often identify new gems before they become mainstream. Here's an example I found on Twitter a couple of days ago.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 11:51:22 PM »

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1671
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:30:32 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 08:33:11 AM »
There is no independent third party to verify these statistics, and many of them are easy to fake. If you launched a new platform and the trading volumes were about $100 and we were able to make it a million dollars, we will achieve a much better performance than Binance, but this million dollars may be individual investments and will be withdrawn as soon as more are started. In investing, the real trading volume will appear, which will be less than $10k
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Haidar

• Plagiarism strike
  • 1st Step
  • Activity: 4
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 09:38:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 4
    Topic Starter First Post Linux User
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2024, 11:54:11 AM »
It's exciting to see the explosion of CEX growth these past months, especially for those of us who primarily use them for trading. Binance is still the kingpin for sure, but who knew Bitget was crushing it so hard?  Up over 500% growth in Q1 is insane. It's interesting to see them alongside Bybit and others really pushing the boundaries.  Maybe Binance's regulatory struggles are opening doors for these other platforms, especially with all the new token listings they're offering.  More choices for us traders is always a good thing. Makes you wonder what else these CEXes are going to do to keep things interesting this year

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG