follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Thoughts on opBNB? (Layer 2 on BNB Chain)  (Read 200 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3498
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 06:33:34 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Thoughts on opBNB? (Layer 2 on BNB Chain)
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:18:01 AM »
I found out recently that BNB Chain also launched their own Layer 2 which is what they call as opBNB. Basically, it's a scaling solution to the BNB Smart Chain and it also aims to provide users with lower transaction fees and faster confirmation. From my experience, it is indeed cheaper but confirmation is almost the same with BSC (L1). I think this is a good addition to the BNB ecosystem and will probably benefit projects with gaming niche the most.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Thoughts on opBNB? (Layer 2 on BNB Chain)
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:18:01 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline enwi

• Activity: 312
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 08:49:24 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Topic Starter Super active 50 Posts in one day Poll Voter
Re: Thoughts on opBNB? (Layer 2 on BNB Chain)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 05:30:59 AM »
I found out recently that BNB Chain also launched their own Layer 2 which is what they call as opBNB. Basically, it's a scaling solution to the BNB Smart Chain and it also aims to provide users with lower transaction fees and faster confirmation. From my experience, it is indeed cheaper but confirmation is almost the same with BSC (L1). I think this is a good addition to the BNB ecosystem and will probably benefit projects with gaming niche the most.
I think opBNB has been launched in October 2023, if you look at the launch period, opBNB has been operating for almost a year. Maybe you only found out about this information recently, but in reality this project has been running for almost a year, I hope that with this information we can be more active in finding out about newly created networks so that we can benefit from the new projects created.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 12:41:52 PM »
I think opBNB has been launched in October 2023, if you look at the launch period, opBNB has been operating for almost a year. Maybe you only found out about this information recently, but in reality this project has been running for almost a year, I hope that with this information we can be more active in finding out about newly created networks so that we can benefit from the new projects created.
I didn't say that the project was launched recently. I said I found out recently.

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1781
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 10:09:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 01:20:31 PM »
Good thing but I don't know why the BNB chain needs to launch its second layer opBNB, I mean the Binance main network BSC has really low fees and the transactions on it are fast.

Anyway, it seems to be a good thing for the network. There seems to be a lot of developments on the Binance network, as I recently heard that they will close the old BEP2 network and give a six-month deadline for all token holders on this chain to securely transfer their assets to the BSC network.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 06:33:20 AM »
Good thing but I don't know why the BNB chain needs to launch its second layer opBNB, I mean the Binance main network BSC has really low fees and the transactions on it are fast.
Fees on BSC is still relatively low but you'll feel it when you constantly move assets. From my experience, transferring NFTs from gaming became costly when I have to move them through the games marketplace. I had to spend at least $10 daily on transaction fees alone. With opBNB, a $1 seems a lot already.

Offline Wiseman

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4391
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 08:31:30 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 07:55:05 AM »

Yes, it’s absolutely true that payment for transactions is almost 100 times cheaper than on the main network in terms of speed. I wouldn’t say that it has become faster, it probably would have remained the same, and before it was pretty good, I personally was quite happy with it. But now with such a price per transaction, it’s just a fairy tale)
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1781
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 10:09:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 01:30:26 PM »
. I had to spend at least $10 daily on transaction fees alone. With opBNB, a $1 seems a lot already.
Nice, this is very promising, of course we are with every reduction in fees. I have not tried transferring a lot of tokens daily, so I have never suffered from high fees on the Binance main network, but sometimes when trading you will have to spend fees on each order, approval, etc., and with the frequency of these operations, you will get high fees in the end.

Another thing is that after the BNB token rose to about $600, the fees increased as a result of the rise in the price of the token, so of course it is a good thing that there is a second tier option for those who want to get lower fees.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 01:30:26 PM »

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15954
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 12:58:42 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 12:28:21 AM »
Fees on BSC is still relatively low but you'll feel it when you constantly move assets. From my experience, transferring NFTs from gaming became costly when I have to move them through the games marketplace. I had to spend at least $10 daily on transaction fees alone. With opBNB, a $1 seems a lot already.
opBNB is a Layer-2 solution for the BNB chain that aims to achieve 4K tps speeds. However, Layer-2 solutions on the BNB chain have not really attracted much attention from users and investors. Perhaps transaction fees on the BNB chain are already low enough to satisfy users, meaning that the impact of opBNB's reduced transaction fees is not as significant as that of Layer-2 solutions on Ethereum. I myself have never used opBNB, and I only accumulate BNB and ARB for my investment portfolio.

In addition, the opBNB ecosystem has not really developed yet as it has not received the inflow of money and attention from Dapps. I hope that during this bullrun, opBNB can become an environment for NFTs & GameFi, and then compete with Arbitrum and Optimism in the Layer-2 trend.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████