follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Should governments be allowed to keep secrets from their people?  (Read 6819 times)

Offline Gormicsta

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 231
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 08:09:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster too active, 25 Posts in one day 100 Posts
Re: Should governments be allowed to keep secrets from their people?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 02:39:59 PM »
Well for me, I don't think so but it depends on the government to keep secrets from us or not, they have power they decide how to rule us and do whatever pleases them, they do.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 02:39:59 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline retreat

• Activity: 422
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 03:04:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Poll Voter Mobile User Search
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 02:51:25 PM »
Maybe some people will argue that the government should be transparent with its citizens, especially on matters relating to country security, because by knowing these secrets citizens can be on guard if at any time the country is threatened by war or other matters related to their security. But there are also people who argue that countries must keep their secrets even from their citizens, and that includes sensitive intelligence gathering methods, military strategies, or diplomatic negotiations, all of which are necessary to secure the country and prevent parties who want to destroy the country.
I personally prefer that the government should keep their secrets and not let citizens know about this, because it is related to the security of the country and ensuring that no party misuses this to destroy the country from within or from outside.

Offline Emmanuel1

• Activity: 152
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 08:12:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Poll Voter 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 04:38:35 PM »
I personally believe that those in power should not be allowed to keep secrets from the public, especially when it is related to the safety and privacy of the people. It is by keeping such knowledge a secret that these people can remain in power. By keeping the public keeping the people in the depths of ignorance, powerful governments and people can rob them of their liberties and do as they desire. It is true that a small fraction of things should be kept from the public, but the current state of affairs show that the reverse is true in our day and age. (And to show how vehemently I adhere to what I say have even established a website(intelrepository(dotcom)) where I publish and even sell exclusive information not meant be seen by everyone.

I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this as well.
The reason why we have the office of the minister of information, is because true that office every activity of the government must be made none through that true the ministry of information and communication.
Should government be allowed to keep secret from their citizen? The answer is no because of the ministry of information and communication every activities of the government is supposed to be made open to their citizens.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1394
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 07:39:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 10:35:09 AM »
It all boils down to the kind of information. If it is about the welfare of the country, then the government needs to be transparent on this aspect, so that the citizens will know that the government is not hiding anything from them. This will bring their trust and confidence on the government. On the other hand, if it is information that will cause panic to the citizens and can lead to loss of lives, then it should be kept secret, as long as the government can handle the situation. For example, if there is a disease outbreak that have killed a lot of people, the number of dead people shouldn't be disclosed, but a sound prevention measure awareness should be generally given to the public.
Exactly. There things that governments must be transparent like where taxes go it is because it involves the money of the people within the country. Health, disaster and our safety also needs to be transparent as it give citizens awareness of possibilities that might occur in the country. But the only problem here is that corrupt politicians will always find a loophole in the system just to make it advantageuos to them.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1594
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 10:56:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 07:58:29 PM »
It all boils down to the kind of information. If it is about the welfare of the country, then the government needs to be transparent on this aspect, so that the citizens will know that the government is not hiding anything from them. This will bring their trust and confidence on the government. On the other hand, if it is information that will cause panic to the citizens and can lead to loss of lives, then it should be kept secret, as long as the government can handle the situation. For example, if there is a disease outbreak that have killed a lot of people, the number of dead people shouldn't be disclosed, but a sound prevention measure awareness should be generally given to the public.
Exactly. There things that governments must be transparent like where taxes go it is because it involves the money of the people within the country. Health, disaster and our safety also needs to be transparent as it give citizens awareness of possibilities that might occur in the country. But the only problem here is that corrupt politicians will always find a loophole in the system just to make it advantageuos to them.

the vaccine i guess is just for making money thru the pharmas but the covid, the government knew about the covid. there are several theories about it. when we hear it comes from China lab yet the lab was funded by US companies then, this is really a fuckedup world.

but still i can understand why government will keep secrets especially when they don't want people to panic. but if they are keeping secrets while they are killing us all, that's something else.

the wars that is happening these days and some bombing and shooting, the theories really need to be looked at.

Offline EluguHcman

• Activity: 258
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 01:02:31 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 12:48:17 AM »
There are confidential informations that is only layed within an executive bodies in a government or organization, those can be working instruments to achieve or implement some laws or adopting to developments in accordance to the public well being but if it is made publicly known, the situation on ground might be sabotage and cripples the system.

About security, government would always bring the society and its public about security firms in as much it is their duty to have the public security welfares as part of their leadership obligations.
Although there are crisis in the societies being structured and sponsored by the same leaders in the position of the people's welfares but they would not make such known because it is of their own interests.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 03:46:17 PM »

the vaccine i guess is just for making money thru the pharmas but the covid, the government knew about the covid. there are several theories about it. when we hear it comes from China lab yet the lab was funded by US companies then, this is really a fuckedup world.

but still i can understand why government will keep secrets especially when they don't want people to panic. but if they are keeping secrets while they are killing us all, that's something else.

the wars that is happening these days and some bombing and shooting, the theories really need to be looked at.
Yeah their hidden agendas keeps on making people suffer war is one of the examples of successful business some people aren't aware of. Yeah whether they don't want us to panic, national security reasons or they do have personal interests I think that are the possible reasons why they are keeping secrets

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 03:46:17 PM »

Offline Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 12:44:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good Avatar Signature
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 10:39:57 PM »
In a democratic state, the government is for the people so they don't keep secret that will endanger the citizens of the country...
I don't know for other part of the world that practice other systems of government if they do keep such secret that will endanger the citizens from them.
But in my own opinion I will say that the government should always work together hand in hand with their citizens to enhance growth and development.

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1018
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 05:03:38 AM »
I personally believe that those in power should not be allowed to keep secrets from the public, especially when it is related to the safety and privacy of the people. It is by keeping such knowledge a secret that these people can remain in power. By keeping the public keeping the people in the depths of ignorance, powerful governments and people can rob them of their liberties and do as they desire. It is true that a small fraction of things should be kept from the public, but the current state of affairs show that the reverse is true in our day and age. (And to show how vehemently I adhere to what I say have even established a website(intelrepository(dotcom)) where I publish and even sell exclusive information not meant be seen by everyone.

This is why they are called PUBLIC OFFICIALS meaning everything must be transparent so if they are keeping secrets to their people then we must change the name into PRIVATE OFFICIALS so they can do everything in their power without  people knowing anything but as long as they are serving public then this must not be allow not even by the court if they are be found guilty.

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 06:51:37 PM »

This is why they are called PUBLIC OFFICIALS meaning everything must be transparent so if they are keeping secrets to their people then we must change the name into PRIVATE OFFICIALS so they can do everything in their power without  people knowing anything but as long as they are serving public then this must not be allow not even by the court if they are be found guilty.
Good point! And those corrupt can be called private officials if we can unfortunately these kind of people are possesive so don't bother calling them that way or else we're done. Kidding aside. 😅 Personal interest is what makes things become some sort of a secret and they don't want us to know their true colors while being designated in a certain government position. Money and power is for me the most common factor why they have secrets even if it is against transparency.

Offline DragonF

• Activity: 315
  • Last Active: April 22, 2024, 06:22:46 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Good Signature 100 Posts
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2024, 04:00:54 PM »

We shouldn't misunderstand things. The fact that you are a public official doesn't mean you expose every information. You are only there to serve the people and share information to them when it is necessary. For instance, during the covid 19 era, government through some agencies gave information on how to stay protected and also data of people contaminated and number of death caused by the covid.

Thus, government can only dish out vital information to protect citizens' lives and hold back some information. Sometimes, the reason is not selfish in nature but to ensure that there is peace in the country. Sincerely speaking, if citizens are exposed to every information, tranquility might not be guaranteed in our country.

Whether we like it or not, no government can be so transparent to reveal everything to citizens intoto. Some information are referred to as "classified" or "secret" information. This means that not all eyes or ears should come in contact with the information.

On second thought, even the military are public servants/officials, does it mean they should disclose to citizens the functioning of the military? The military will only pass information to citizens when it's necessary and is of interest to citizens especially when such information can enhance citizen's safety.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG