follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Are you worried about the AVAX token unlocking event?  (Read 341 times)

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15813
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 09:35:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
Are you worried about the AVAX token unlocking event?
« on: February 21, 2024, 12:40:55 AM »
Avalanche's native token, AVAX is having a rather boring sideways price movement since the end of 2023 and has not been able to surpass the $50 price zone. To me, this is completely normal, because AVAX token price has increased from $9 in October 2023 to $50 in just 2 months, AVAX token price needs an adjustment to re-accumulate for strong and sustainable growth in the future, especially after BTC halving. However, many inexperienced investors do not have enough patience and they believe that the stagnation of AVAX token price comes from the AVAX token unlocking event scheduled for Thursday, February 22, 2024. This event will see approximately $365 million worth of AVAX tokens ~ 9.5 million AVAX = 2.6% of the current circulating supply, released from vesting and added to the circulating supply[1].

I do not deny that large token unlocking events have often been associated with price declines. When the supply of a token increases rapidly, it can outpace investor demand, leading to a decrease in price[2]. In addition, the situation can get worse if the team and investment funds want to take profits or dump the price to buy more tokens, and at the same time, investors in the market also want to sell and wait for the token price to go lower before buying back.

However, that is not always true, because the supply-demand relationship in the market is very unpredictable. Most visual example: AVAX token unlocking event on November 24, 2023 with 9.54M AVAX unlocked and we saw AVAX token price increase by 140%.

I don't know the reason for this AVAX token price increase because it goes against the logic presented above, it could be that when holders were worried and sold AVAX, Market makers bought in and pushed the AVAX token price up so that those who sold could not buy back AVAX at low prices  8)

Therefore, I am not worried about the negative impact of the upcoming AVAX token unlocking event. Avalanche's strong developments in technology as it gets ready to reach 100 tps, increase the number of users and acquire new key partners[3] will continue to support the AVAX token price chart in the future.

Are you interested in the AVAX token unlocking event? Is its impact on the AVAX token positive or negative? Are you worried and selling AVAX tokens because of this event?

[1] Token Unlock: Avalanche
[2] Avalanche's AVAX Underperforms Ahead of $365M Token Unlock
[3] Avalanche welcomes bullrun: 100% adddress growth and key partnerships
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:53:34 AM by MrSpasybo »
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Are you worried about the AVAX token unlocking event?
« on: February 21, 2024, 12:40:55 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2897
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:31:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
Re: Are you worried about the AVAX token unlocking event?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 01:00:36 AM »
I do not deny that large token unlocking events have often been associated with price declines. When the supply of a token increases rapidly, it can outpace investor demand, leading to a decrease in price[2]. In addition, the situation can get worse if the team and investment funds want to take profits or dump the price to buy more tokens, and at the same time, investors in the market also want to sell and wait for the token price to go lower before buying back.

However, that is not always true, because the supply-demand relationship in the market is very unpredictable. Most visual example: AVAX token unlocking event on November 24, 2023 with 9.54M AVAX unlocked and we saw AVAX token price increase by 140%.
The truth is that most token unlocking events will slow down the increase in token prices or push token prices down when supply suddenly increases while demand has not yet gained any additional momentum. In a positive market context, demand continues to increase steadily and can support token prices, otherwise the price will sink quite deeply.

AVAX had a quite successful unlock in November 2023 when the market was recovering strongly, the token price was able to continue to increase because the whales had no reason to sell at the bottom price zone. But this time it may not be so smooth, BTC is moving sideways and Altcoins are bleeding, not even AVAX can escape a red candle this week. I think this unlock could cause AVAX to stagnate at the current price range for quite a while before it can break out to create a new ATH.

I don't hold AVAX so I don't really care much, nor do I have it to sell, just continue to monitor for future investment plans. At least Avalanche is an ecosystem worth investing in during the uptrend  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 07:38:07 PM by KryptoBull »

Offline Trongduy

• Activity: 836
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 04:12:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts Karma Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 10:20:54 AM »
Therefore, I am not worried about the negative impact of the upcoming AVAX token unlocking event. Avalanche's strong developments in technology as it gets ready to reach 100 tps, increase the number of users and acquire new key partners[3] will continue to support the AVAX token price chart in the future.
Depending on the market situation, fluctuations are also different. Whales often have many ways to manipulate market psychology, we cannot guess what they want and what they will do. When unlocking the tokens, the majority of the holder community will be confused for fear of whales selling to take profits, especially when the token price has recovered and is quite high compared to the price the whales bought when the project opened for sale. I think profit-taking pressure from whales is the reason why AVAX price has been flat in the past few weeks.

In the long term, I think Avax has great potential, but in the short term it will still be negatively impacted by continuous token unlocking events.
▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 03:41:42 PM »
Depending on the market situation, fluctuations are also different. Whales often have many ways to manipulate market psychology, we cannot guess what they want and what they will do. When unlocking the tokens, the majority of the holder community will be confused for fear of whales selling to take profits, especially when the token price has recovered and is quite high compared to the price the whales bought when the project opened for sale. I think profit-taking pressure from whales is the reason why AVAX price has been flat in the past few weeks.

In the long term, I think Avax has great potential, but in the short term it will still be negatively impacted by continuous token unlocking events.
I think at this time the market is still in a recovery trend before the halving, so we can be a little more optimistic about the impacts of related events such as token unlocking. For example, Solana had outage, but the SOL token price still remained above $100, even increased to $150, showing that market psychology is still very optimistic, no longer easily panicked or overly worried leading to sell-offs like during the decline or accumulation period.

Currently that AVAX token price has reached $50, we can rest assured that AVAX token is continuing to maintain its growth trend instead of being sold off due to the token unlock event.

MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline FOKA33

• Activity: 128
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 13, 2024, 06:05:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    100 Posts Mobile User Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 02:53:08 PM »
Avalanche's native token, AVAX is having a rather boring sideways price movement since the end of 2023 and has not been able to surpass the $50 price zone. To me, this is completely normal, because AVAX token price has increased from $9 in October 2023 to $50 in just 2 months, AVAX token price needs an adjustment to re-accumulate for strong and sustainable growth in the future, especially after BTC halving. However, many inexperienced investors do not have enough patience and they believe that the stagnation of AVAX token price comes from the AVAX token unlocking event scheduled for Thursday, February 22, 2024. This event will see approximately $365 million worth of AVAX tokens ~ 9.5 million AVAX = 2.6% of the current circulating supply, released from vesting and added to the circulating supply[1].

I don't know the reason for this AVAX token price increase because it goes against the logic presented above, it could be that when holders were worried and sold AVAX, Market makers bought in and pushed the AVAX token price up so that those who sold could not buy back AVAX at low prices  8)

Are you interested in the AVAX token unlocking event? Is its impact on the AVAX token positive or negative? Are you worried and selling AVAX tokens because of this event?

[1] Token Unlock: Avalanche
[2] Avalanche's AVAX Underperforms Ahead of $365M Token Unlock
[3] Avalanche welcomes bullrun: 100% adddress growth and key partnerships
In my own view towards avalanche either positive and negative, on the positive side AVAX allow users the ability to vote on governance proposal and participation on staking and that of the negative side is the large supply of avalanche token that could lead to Inflation and devaluation of the token over time.

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 05:40:46 PM »
In my own view towards avalanche either positive and negative, on the positive side AVAX allow users the ability to vote on governance proposal and participation on staking and that of the negative side is the large supply of avalanche token that could lead to Inflation and devaluation of the token over time.
At the time of the AVAX token unlocking, 1 AVAX = $38. Currently, 1 AVAX > $50, instead of dropping to $25 as many people were worried about. So I think we can rest assured that this token unlock event did not have any negative impact on the AVAX token price. The same can be said for the downtime on Avalanche right after that. All of this could not stop the impressive recovery of the AVAX token price thanks to the technological advances in recent times.

Currently, I think we should focus on following and waiting for the new ATH of the AVAX token price, which could come after the BTC Halving  ;D