follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses  (Read 977 times)

Online Vx1

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2341
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 03:43:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Be cautious when copying wallet addresses
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2024, 05:06:04 PM »
~

At least we learned from our own mistakes, and we don't want that to happen again. Although I haven't experienced that yet, what I'm really doing is checking it over and over as much as possible because, of course, we're talking about money here.

When making a cryptocurrency transaction, it is forbidden to make a mistake because one mistake means that we will not be able to recover the money that has been deducted from our wallet account, whether it is a deposit or a withdrawal.
This all happened because I was in a rush, usually I always double-check the wallet address that I will use for transactions in Cryptocurreny. 
Because I know if I make a mistake then I will lose my money and I can't complain to anyone.
Maybe that day was my unlucky day, and I hope something like that doesn't happen again to me and to my friends too.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2024, 05:06:04 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online ajiz138

• Activity: 1105
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:56:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2024, 05:48:42 PM »
This all happened because I was in a rush, usually I always double-check the wallet address that I will use for transactions in Cryptocurreny. 
Because I know if I make a mistake then I will lose my money and I can't complain to anyone.
Maybe that day was my unlucky day, and I hope something like that doesn't happen again to me and to my friends too.
This is a very valuable lesson to make us more careful in the future. The reason is that this concerns our money which will be lost and never come back.

Whether we're in a hurry or not, we have to be careful when copying addresses for our transactions. Usually I also check up to 3 times to ensure whether the address is a large address or not. It is better to check repeatedly than to lose our assets.

Online Gurujebs

• Activity: 1088
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 04:07:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2024, 05:49:28 PM »
It's true that my assets were completely lost due to my own fault, it all happened because I rushed to make a transaction without checking first. I thought the wallet I copied was correct, but it turned out the smart contract address was still attached to it.

I once had the same experience from Electrum wallet. I was about to send Bitcoin from my wallet to an exchange and I don't know how my wallet keep changing. I didn't noticed the change of address I copied was different from that I was pasting until I was about to broadcast the transaction, I noticed the end of the wallet characters were different from the one I usually sent Bitcoin to, that's when I knew that my laptop might has been affected by Trojan malware.

My advice is that anytime you want to send bitcoin to another source, make sure to verify the wallet before you broadcast it to the bitcoin network.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 808
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 07:21:35 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2024, 10:30:36 PM »
Still confused how something like this could happen,  but try to be cautious and don't feel too lazy to cross check your address before sending or posting. Recall Bitcoin transactions are irreversible after 6 confirmations, once confirmed it's gone. You can tell the wallet address it went to but not the owner. Except they are careless,  which I doubt they are.
I am glad you learned about this scam, I was also shocked to see the existence of such a scam although I never became a victim but learned about it via BTT, and I assume after reading your words you in fact become a victim of it right? Well, it would be great if you would have provided some proof or ss so newbies would know more about how these scammers work. Although Address spoofing is also one of their scams, in which they create a similar kind of address as the last and the first digits are the same as yours.

And you end up copying them by considering them yours, and when you send the funds they are actually going to the scammer's address. This is also an old type of scam. As we all know bull run is ongoing, and many newbies are joining crypto market and most of them are not aware of such scams. Its great that you have made this topic so it would be a reminder for those who already know it, and will be a lesson for newcomers.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline milewilda

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1499
  • Last Active: Today at 05:39:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2024, 10:40:20 PM »
This is a very valuable lesson to make us more careful in the future. The reason is that this concerns our money which will be lost and never come back.

Whether we're in a hurry or not, we have to be careful when copying addresses for our transactions. Usually I also check up to 3 times to ensure whether the address is a large address or not. It is better to check repeatedly than to lose our assets.
This clipboard malware has been known already back in the past on which tons of people had lost up their coins because of this one on which the infected device would automatically changes
the copied address which it would really be resulting into that lost of funds on which this is something that we should really be that careful when it comes to this manner. We should double
or triple check on the address and dont make yourself that in a haste when making up transactions because this is where people do usually mess up when they are really that too fast
on every actions that they are making without trying out to check out on the things that they've been dealing.

Offline Doovla

• Activity: 471
  • Last Active: Today at 12:37:16 PM
    • View Profile

Super active 50 Posts in one day too active, 25 Posts in one day Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2024, 10:42:18 PM »
In most cases, during copying, assets are lost on other networks when it comes to the Metamask wallet, the MEW site extension now has Enkrpypt, which withstands all threats and even contains Bitcoin. You need to be careful how you copy, for me that is the easiest part of the copy paste option.

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1553
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 12:38:11 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2024, 11:42:04 PM »
If you doesn't know what could go wrong if it's not on your browser's extension then consider your device is infected. I recommend to reformat your device to avoid such incident to happen again.
Actually, I do not think that this is about malware infection. This has happened to me and the coins was sent to another person. Luckily is someone I have known before and as I was explained how I used a wrong address, the person said he recieved coins from a random address and I confirmed and it was just me that sent it. I think I have copied that address back in the days but didn't know how it override the current address I copied.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2024, 11:42:04 PM »

Offline PX-Z

• Activity: 1059
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:15:40 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2024, 12:40:41 AM »
Actually, I do not think that this is about malware infection.
I wouldn't careless if it's clipboard malware there might other malware infected the OP's device already. Your case is different because you knew the owner of that address or the other way around, but it's not always the case, so it's better to do full solution than letting it on your device.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online ajiz138

• Activity: 1105
  • Last Active: Today at 03:56:08 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2024, 01:44:57 PM »

This clipboard malware has been known already back in the past on which tons of people had lost up their coins because of this one on which the infected device would automatically changes
the copied address which it would really be resulting into that lost of funds on which this is something that we should really be that careful when it comes to this manner. We should double
or triple check on the address and dont make yourself that in a haste when making up transactions because this is where people do usually mess up when they are really that too fast
on every actions that they are making without trying out to check out on the things that they've been dealing.
Exactly as I said before, we must be able to anticipate things that will make us lose assets. And even this is something we should really be able to prevent, because copying and pasting is in our own hands at that point.

The point here is that we should not rush in copying and pasting the address we will use. Don't carry out transactions when we are in a hurry, even if circumstances force us to do so, it is better to find a quiet place so that we can confirm for sure whether it is our address or not.

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 11:47:05 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2024, 11:00:41 PM »
I never knew this was possible so usually just copy the address and send without confirming much. Well turns out that was a big mistake on my part. Never knew that clipboard can do such. I don't know if it's a malware, I ended up using an address that wasn't mine and funny holds some units of Bitcoin.
This is really real and really important. Be careful when copying wallets. Because, malware often attacks our devices and that's really dangerous. This actually happened to my own brother. where he was sure he had copied the correct wallet, but when he pasted it, the wallet actually changed. He was completely unaware and didn't check it, because he was sure he only copied 1 wallet, not the others. and in the end, it's really a different wallet and in the end it just goes on like that.

This is a lesson that is very valuable when it comes to checking and rechecking, even when copying and pasting. At least we just check a few characters at the beginning and end and also find the wallet based on search button to ensure that the wallet is correct. This must be done carefully so as not to be disappointed too soon.

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1553
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 12:38:11 AM
    • View Profile

Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2024, 11:47:31 PM »
Actually, I do not think that this is about malware infection.
I wouldn't careless if it's clipboard malware there might other malware infected the OP's device already. Your case is different because you knew the owner of that address or the other way around, but it's not always the case, so it's better to do full solution than letting it on your device.
That's right mate!
It's better to do full solution. In OP's case it could be what you suggested. In my own case it could be a bid of carelessness because I know the owner of the address and but what confused me was that I didn't just copy the address that day or few days to the day the address pasted itself. I was just imagining how the swap happened.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG