follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: My trading strategy: profit is not based on USD  (Read 7267 times)

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15794
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 04:54:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
My trading strategy: profit is not based on USD
« on: April 30, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »
Usually, a trader calculates his return based on the asset's value in USD. For example, yesterday he invested 2800 USDT and bought 1 ETH. Today ETH price reaches 3200 USD, he sells 1 ETH and has 3200 USD, so he makes a profit of 3200 - 2800 = 400 USD = 14.3%. Good job!

However, during this bullrun season, we all know that Altcoin's price increase potential is very large, making traders less profitable than holders. For example, a holder buys 1 ETH at 2800 USD and holds it until the end of the bullrun and sells 1 ETH for 10K USD, he will get a profit of 10K - 2.8K = 7.2K USD = 257%.

For trader: he usually sells tokens as soon as returns are between 15-30%, and even though he works hard, he usually only makes 100-150% returns during the bullrun.

Very few traders achieved greater profits than holders during the bullrun.

So I am doing a trading strategy with profit based on the quantity of one altcoin that I trust. And I join the trading pairs and then take profits on this token to optimize its amount instead of converting it to USD.

For example: I believe in the future of BCH, I will enter trading for the purpose of optimizing the quantity of BCH I hold. For example, when BCH/BTC reaches a high rate, I will sell BCH for BTC and wait for the BCH/BTC rate to be low and buy in to increase the amount of my BCH. The end goal is that I'll have plenty of BCH before the bullrun season ends, so I get a compound profit from the increase in BCH quantity and price.

However, as far as I experience, trading on an altcoin is quite stressful because that key altcoin price also changes over time and it is difficult for me to optimize the amount of key altcoin. It's a bit of a pity but I usually close when the return is 5-10% instead of waiting up 30-50% like for USDT based trades.

What do you think about this trading strategy? Do you like its potential or fear its complexity and risks? And are you trading and calculating profits based on the amount of USDT or Bitcoin or Altcoin?
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

My trading strategy: profit is not based on USD
« on: April 30, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3429
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 04:12:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: My trading strategy: profit is not based on USD
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 10:14:27 AM »
Usually, a trader calculates his return based on the asset's value in USD. For example, yesterday he invested 2800 USDT and bought 1 ETH. Today ETH price reaches 3200 USD, he sells 1 ETH and has 3200 USD, so he makes a profit of 3200 - 2800 = 400 USD = 14.3%. Good job!

However, during this bullrun season, we all know that Altcoin's price increase potential is very large, making traders less profitable than holders. For example, a holder buys 1 ETH at 2800 USD and holds it until the end of the bullrun and sells 1 ETH for 10K USD, he will get a profit of 10K - 2.8K = 7.2K USD = 257%.

For trader: he usually sells tokens as soon as returns are between 15-30%, and even though he works hard, he usually only makes 100-150% returns during the bullrun.

Very few traders achieved greater profits than holders during the bullrun.
Unless you are referring to DAY traders, ETH is probably not the best example to use here. Many traders profited more than 300% from DOGE alone when they bought at under $0.10 and sold at $0.30 or $0.40. The same case with BAKE and BANANA who went up over $5 from $1 in less than a week.

So I am doing a trading strategy with profit based on the quantity of one altcoin that I trust. And I join the trading pairs and then take profits on this token to optimize its amount instead of converting it to USD.

For example: I believe in the future of BCH, I will enter trading for the purpose of optimizing the quantity of BCH I hold. For example, when BCH/BTC reaches a high rate, I will sell BCH for BTC and wait for the BCH/BTC rate to be low and buy in to increase the amount of my BCH. The end goal is that I'll have plenty of BCH before the bullrun season ends, so I get a compound profit from the increase in BCH quantity and price.

However, as far as I experience, trading on an altcoin is quite stressful because that key altcoin price also changes over time and it is difficult for me to optimize the amount of key altcoin. It's a bit of a pity but I usually close when the return is 5-10% instead of waiting up 30-50% like for USDT based trades.
Small price movements like 5-10% is not that bad especially when you have volume. It's already a decent profit. If you add that to your capital and roll it over again, you'll continue to build volume.

5-10% on 1 BCH will become 5-10% on 1.1 BCH and so on. It's like a snowball effect if you understand what I mean.

What do you think about this trading strategy? Do you like its potential or fear its complexity and risks?
It's alright but could be time consuming and sleep depriving.

And are you trading and calculating profits based on the amount of USDT or Bitcoin or Altcoin?[/color]
I measure it based on the trading pair I use.

Offline missbtc

• Activity: 1018
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: August 11, 2022, 03:09:29 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 08:24:28 PM »
I usually calculate my profit based on the amount of USDT because it is more convenient for me. In 2015-2017, I calculated profit based on bitcoin, but now I prefer USDT. I prefer to be a medium-term holder, for me this strategy is the most comfortable, since I do not possess the art of intraday trading.

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2892
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:10:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 09:14:03 PM »
Perhaps this strtegy only applies if you invest and believe in the real potential crypto, and BTC is the best choice when the Altcoin/Bitcoin rates are completely unaffected by the recent correction. At the same time, the transaction volume of the altcoin/bitcoin is also very large, ensuring the necessary liquidity when you want to increase the amount of BTC.

Offline Lokeloke

• Activity: 168
  • Beyond Protocol Street Team
  • Last Active: July 19, 2022, 07:02:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:35:32 PM »
If you're saying that holder that hodl has more percentage than traders, them that's incomparable because the time span a hodler will use to hodl is very long compared to a trader that can move from one coin to another and will make more than what hodlers makes for years
Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official altcoinstalks
thread

Offline Seerge

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1447
  • Last Active: December 07, 2022, 11:32:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:06:51 PM »
Calculating profit with USD is indeed easier than calculating profit if we trade COIN pair BTC / ETH / BNB.  That is why more people trade with USD pairs than with other COIN pairs.  Yet if we trade with other coin pairs such as BTC, ETH or BNB we can get double profits.

Offline Mas Bro

• Activity: 394
  • FRX: Ferocious Alpha
  • Last Active: November 10, 2021, 05:02:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:30:21 PM »
I calculate my profit based on USD, because it is easier and more convenient for me. I am not a day trader, I prefer to hold all my coins over a long period of time. I will sell my coins when I make a profit.
                    ▄█▄

▄█████

▀██▄▀▀▀▀██ 

█████▀▀▄███

▄██ ██▀▀▄██▀▄█████

▄███ ██▌▄▄████▀ █████

▀███ ███▌█████▀ █████

████▌█████ █████

▄▄ █████▌████▀▄▄▀▀█

▄████▄▀███▌▐███ ████

▄█████▀▀▀ ███▐██ █████

▀▀▀▀        ▀█▐█ ▄████▀

▄█▀▀
FRX
█████████████

█████████

████████████████

██████████

█████████

██████████████

████████████

█████████

████████

██████████

█████████████

█████████

██████████████
DeFi Hedge

Fund Token
████

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

████

Seed Round

+80%BONUS
████

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

██

████
WHITEPAPER

TWITTER

TELEGRAM
█████████████

█████████

████████████████

██████████

█████████

██████████████

████████████

█████████

████████

██████████

█████████████

█████████

██████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 01:30:21 PM »

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4130
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 03:56:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:37:38 AM »

I agree with your strategy which is essentially using trading to increase those coins/tokens you want to hold or the ones you think will be giving you the best return in the long run. And I think there are many traders who are using this strategy. And I also agree that trading can be stressful and can be getting into our nerves if we are not careful. That is why when I trade something I usually forget what will happen to that coin. Just recently, I traded my ADA for USDT thinking that its price will be going down as the market is getting red...alas it made a good pump shortly after.

Offline Traderbtcc

• Activity: 310
  • Last Active: July 22, 2023, 07:28:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »
Your strategy is nice, and will actually help on accumulating more of the coin you trade on, but it's certain most traders don't like trading with just one coin, most especially day traders jump from one coin to the other and calculate their profit on amount of usd made so far, well everyone got thier own pattern of trading but the main aim is making profit so good luck and more wins.

Offline robert20

• Activity: 528
  • Futurov
  • Last Active: August 22, 2021, 01:46:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 06:55:26 PM »
Most of the time holders mae a little profit they hold for years to make profit. But most ofmthe crypto traders i know do both types of trading. They hold some fund and store them untouched for years and years and uses other fund to trade. This is the best strategy to me and i like it.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:18 PM »
Your strategy is nice, and will actually help on accumulating more of the coin you trade on, but it's certain most traders don't like trading with just one coin, most especially day traders jump from one coin to the other and calculate their profit on amount of usd made so far, well everyone got thier own pattern of trading but the main aim is making profit so good luck and more wins.

Better trading on several coins to accumulate lose and profit.
Because one coins will make us annoying when dump, or lower then buy.
I have used 3 or 4 coins for my daily traiding.
Btw OP strategy is nice and good for us.
But maybe other own strategy.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1715
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 03:40:14 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 04:49:20 PM »

Better trading on several coins to accumulate lose and profit.
Because one coins will make us annoying when dump, or lower then buy.
I have used 3 or 4 coins for my daily traiding.
Btw OP strategy is nice and good for us.
But maybe other own strategy.

Trading is depending on our confident and knowledge.
I didn't trade on many coins, just bitcoin Ethereum and BNB
My consideration those coins have high volume.
But It is not the reason you should like me.
We can have different strategy to do trading.
I have done it since 2017 ang got profit from this strategy.

Offline rizqillah

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1878
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 03:00:55 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 01:25:11 PM »
I usually calculate my profit based on the amount of USDT because it is more convenient for me. In 2015-2017, I calculated profit based on bitcoin, but now I prefer USDT. I prefer to be a medium-term holder, for me this strategy is the most comfortable, since I do not possess the art of intraday trading.

Better calculate your profit on USDT mate, because It's stable coin.
We know crypto is volatile,not easy to calculate profit or lost in not stable coins.
I have done trading since 2017 and use stable coins for my trading pairing.
But maybe other have own consideration.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Confero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1230
  • Last Active: February 29, 2024, 03:39:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 04:48:06 PM »
We know crypto is volatile,not easy to calculate profit or lost in not stable coins.
I also use Stable coin for my trading pairs, I think this is the easiest way for us to know how much we profit when trading. 
I think most people also prefer USDT trading pairs over other coin trading pairs like Ethereum and BTC.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1956
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 08:48:59 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »
I also use Stable coin for my trading pairs, I think this is the easiest way for us to know how much we profit when trading. 
I think most people also prefer USDT trading pairs over other coin trading pairs like Ethereum and BTC.

Yeah , that's true, stable coins is good value to calculate how much you will profit or lost.
I also used stable coins for my trading pairs.
It depends on market condition.
If the market condition has good progress and  the coins grow, I will use bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB or etc for may trading pairs.
You will get double profit from it.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG