follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: How is Bitcoin ATM machine help in most countries  (Read 846 times)

Offline BitMaxz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1541
  • Intraday its not mine
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 10:05:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Karma Topic Starter
Re: How is Bitcoin ATM machine help in most countries
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 07:28:02 PM »
For me it only makes sense to use them if they are without KYC. Why are you going to pay high fees, more than those of any CEX, and also pass a KYC? If you can find ATMs without KYC they are good options for selling modest amounts of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. In my case, the only ones I have used are without KYC and that will continue to be the case. If there is a day when KYC is implemented in all of them, I will stop using them.
That's the bad part of buying BTC on a Bitcoin in an ATM it requires KYC and the rate is pretty expensive compared to buying BTC on local exchanges. However, not all ATMs ask for KYC there are some that only require a phone number and SMS for verification when buying BTC but with a limited amount.
As of now, there are few ATMs here in my country that only require a phone number for SMS verification but most of them are above the limit it requires government IDs before you can buy a large amount.
Tip box: bc1q5lhq6trmn0e3scncd3rn4203mltptue4m0nwfz

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 07:28:02 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1096
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 10:03:12 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 08:53:15 PM »
How is Bitcoin ATM machine help in most countries
What kind a question is this?   ???
You should obviously know how all ATM machines work, they give you cash for card transactions and it's the same thing with bitcoin ATM's.
People need cash, Bitcoin ATM helps and provides cash, simple.

Stats are showing big growth in last few years:
https://coinatmradar.com/charts/growth/

I think OP expected to get something else than just cashing out crypto. In the past, I have seen in ATM machines where user was able to pay utilitiby bill, or pay for the mobile or the internet. This was done by scanning bar code of a document, inserting card and making a payment. Also I have seen an option to top-up some platform account with it. Like adding balance to Steam account, or buying something in World of Tanks (maybe I am wrong with something, but I remember seeing its logo among ATM services).

I think OP wanted to find out if there are ATM with such options. But instead of inserting the card, user would have to scan QR code with his mobile wallet.
AFAIK, the features you mentioned are only available on regular ATMs and not on Bitcoin ATM machines. Furthermore, not all ATMs provide such features, it depends on the bank whether they will include additional functions in their ATMs. In our country, there are even options for depositing and encashing cheques. However, these features may be too advanced for Bitcoin ATMs, which are still relatively rare. Most Bitcoin ATMs only offer the option to buy and sell BTC and do not have any other features.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1731
  • Last Active: Today at 08:51:21 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 09:46:33 PM »
I think OP expected to get something else than just cashing out crypto. In the past, I have seen in ATM machines where user was able to pay utilitiby bill, or pay for the mobile or the internet. This was done by scanning bar code of a document, inserting card and making a payment. Also I have seen an option to top-up some platform account with it. Like adding balance to Steam account, or buying something in World of Tanks (maybe I am wrong with something, but I remember seeing its logo among ATM services).

I've never seen such a Bitcoin ATM and none of the biggest manufacturers have ever built such one, not GB, Bitstop, Lamassu, Federal, never heard of one. Also what you're talking about a payment options reminds me more of Bill Pay, SelfPay or Payment Kiosks or however they ae called in different countries but those only work with cash.
No manufacturer will go though the trouble of adding a bitcoin exchange on those.

What kind a question is this?   ???

Fire and forget don't visit the topic after tricky question!
I wonder what it even meant:
- is there help available when you deal with a bitcoin ATM (customer support)
- are bitcoin ATM of any help for people in most countries?
- are Bitcoin ATMS helping a country (economics)?

But seems like he didn't care that much about the answers...

Online JoyMarsha

• Activity: 792
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:21:12 PM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 10:05:18 PM »
I can't say how much bitcoin ATM has helped countries that use it, in the sense that, my country doesn't have a bitcoin ATM and bitcoin ATM is not actually rampant in most countries. And that means that, so many countries are not in deep use of it due to how bitcoin seemed to be illegal or legal in their country. And the only way they prefer acquiring Bitcoin is through a crypto exchange, not a Bitcoin ATM.

Nevertheless, there are about nine countries(USA, Australia, Canada, Europe, Poland, Switzerland, El Salvador, Austria, and Spain) that have bitcoin ATMs in their city. They should tell us how bitcoin ATM has been of help to them because they are in a better position to do that. As for my own opinion, I don't see any help that bitcoin ATMs can render to countries since there are easy ways to acquire them.

Offline UNIVERSE

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1749
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 08, 2024, 11:44:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Poll Votes
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 10:56:57 PM »
Again, this may also be due to the convenience that most people who are familiar with Bitcoin can experience. Actually, this is quite good when it comes to seeing how easy Bitcoin users can get in making transactions. Unfortunately, not all countries can install this because it is related to various risky regulations. So, if it could be successfully installed and provide convenience for Bitcoin users, that would be much more useful, right?

Offline bitbit97

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3995
  • Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 06:08:59 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2024, 03:46:14 PM »

I've never seen such a Bitcoin ATM and none of the biggest manufacturers have ever built such one, not GB, Bitstop, Lamassu, Federal, never heard of one. Also what you're talking about a payment options reminds me more of Bill Pay, SelfPay or Payment Kiosks or however they ae called in different countries but those only work with cash.
No manufacturer will go though the trouble of adding a bitcoin exchange on those.

I think OP hoped to get information like that. I did not mean to say there are such Bitcoin ATM, but I think he would be happy if Bitcoin ATMs would offer such payment options. Anyway, the topic name is really misleading. Either it is missing a word, or something extra is used. I think the correct version would be "How Bitcoin ATMs help us? ". I would prefer "Are Bitcoin ATMs really useful?" more. I dont think that many people use them.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1677
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 06:50:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 09:28:25 PM »
Again, this may also be due to the convenience that most people who are familiar with Bitcoin can experience. Actually, this is quite good when it comes to seeing how easy Bitcoin users can get in making transactions. Unfortunately, not all countries can install this because it is related to various risky regulations. So, if it could be successfully installed and provide convenience for Bitcoin users, that would be much more useful, right?
It's beneficial when a lot of people are using it, but it will only be abandoned eventually and will only be a broken Bitcoin ATM machine.
How not, the fees charged by Bitcoin ATMs will be greater than Top Tier Exchanges, and this is also related to regulatory issues and taxes imposed by Bitcoin ATMs.
In developing countries it was originally available, but is no longer used with various problems caused or because regulations require it to be closed.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 09:28:25 PM »

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2078
  • Get Hot Mining Hot for free on Telegram
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 02:18:28 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2024, 06:28:55 AM »
There are not a lot of bitcoin ATMs here in Nigeria yet, like where I live, there are absolutely no bitcoin ATMs yet, and for me to access one, I sure will have to travel a very long distance far away outside my state.

I would say in general that bitcoin atms have not really been of great help to the adoption of bitcoin in my country, why?, because
1. They are very scarce to see or come around.
2. Possibly due to the very few of them available, the fees that comes from using those machines are always off the roof, personally, I would prefer to use p2p to either buy or sell bitcoin for my local currency than use a bitcoin ATM, the fees are always too high - according to those who have used it.
...HOT.app......Because.It's.Gonna.Be HUGE......Mine.HOT on Telegram...

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1106
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:04:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2024, 07:53:02 AM »
There are couple of Bitcoin ATM machine in my city and they are far from my place so I don't think it helps me in anyway since there are lots of exchange available with connection to our online wallets.
but in other countries that has problem in exchange ? yeah they really need ATM by all means .

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 11:32:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2024, 08:27:11 AM »
I think the only Bitcoin ATM machine we have here doesn't seem to have been upgraded; it's still the only one in the area that I know of. But there are many merchants who accept Bitcoin in various places in our country, and there is even something called a bitcoin island here in our country.

But I hope there will be other ATM bitcoin machines so that other crypto enthusiasts can also try such encashments of bitcoin to fiat in our country.

Offline Altcoin1998$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2242
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 03, 2024, 01:15:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2024, 01:06:29 PM »
Using a Bitcoin ATM means a country's adoption of Bitcoin with the local currency. A country with more bitcoin users i.e. a bitcoin friendly environment has more number of bitcoin ATMs. Increasing number of Bitcoin ATMs means increasing exchange of Bitcoins with local currency in that country. Generally, Bitcoin friendly countries especially Japan, USA, Canada, Australia and China have a large number of Bitcoin ATMs and the general public of those countries exchange Bitcoins for local currency.

Offline tjtonmoy

• Activity: 458
  • Last Active: May 04, 2024, 06:07:30 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2024, 06:10:40 PM »
ATM? Bitcoin itself is banned where I am from, so no way we can have any ATM here that we can try out to see the advantages or disadvantages. But with all the reviews I have seen on the internet and the opinions of others, I can say that it has its pros and cons. But as it is not the perfect solution, it can't help in all sections.

It can help everyone in the country but not the country itself. It's an individual thing. It can help keep your privacy safe and keep your crypto transactions separate from traditional bank transactions etc.

But it takes a bit extra fees for that. It's a price you have to pay in order to take advantage of the crypto ATMs.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████

Offline Gurujebs

• Activity: 1142
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: Today at 05:01:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2024, 06:20:17 PM »
There are couple of Bitcoin ATM machine in my city and they are far from my place so I don't think it helps me in anyway since there are lots of exchange available with connection to our online wallets.
but in other countries that has problem in exchange ? yeah they really need ATM by all means .

If a country doesn't allow exchange, I mean centralized exchanges then there is no way that Bitcoin ATM are going to be allowed there, it's not possible because if exchange are not allow then that means that crypto activity are not allow in that country, using Bitcoin ATM too will probably be suspended or any one see around will be seize or even the banks that facilitate such transaction will stop the transactions of the ATM.

Exchanges are open to all people and I don't see why people need to use the ATM because the fees are ridiculously high, you will be losing way more bitcoin or equivalent currency to the ATM than you will lose to the exchanges.

░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Online LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 09:27:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2024, 06:40:37 PM »

If a country doesn't allow exchange, I mean centralized exchanges then there is no way that Bitcoin ATM are going to be allowed there, it's not possible because if exchange are not allow then that means that crypto activity are not allow in that country, using Bitcoin ATM too will probably be suspended or any one see around will be seize or even the banks that facilitate such transaction will stop the transactions of the ATM.

Exchanges are open to all people and I don't see why people need to use the ATM because the fees are ridiculously high, you will be losing way more bitcoin or equivalent currency to the ATM than you will lose to the exchanges.

You are right, in fact the policies of a country can mean the financial freedom of a people, of the things they want and need, in a country where bitcoin is prohibited I could think that it is a country where there is a regime authoritarian where financial freedom is not possible, and how surely the government is the one who does all the work to keep the greatest resources, then if they do not allow bitcoin ATMs, it is possibly a ppis that is afraid that I see bitcoin as a money laundering , because it is known that it is money, and it is money that comes in strongly.

This may be an option, but Countries Should be more open to this because if a Bitcoin ATM suggests problems that can be expected for the particular country? Things are not Right , they need something, in a country like this I dare not use bitcion, because they have to be with OTP Exchanges and everything under the table, it is something dangerous.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1731
  • Last Active: Today at 08:51:21 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024, 08:24:07 PM »
I think OP hoped to get information like that. I did not mean to say there are such Bitcoin ATM, but I think he would be happy if Bitcoin ATMs would offer such payment options.

And would still be happy if that comes with the average 4-5% fee those BATMS carry?
What would be the point of being fleeced 4-5% on the exchange rate to purchase some sim cards or pay a phone bill when I could simply sell those coins at the exchange, have it in my bank account and pay eveything from that at not even 1% of the coast if we talk bigger sums?
Not to mention hat I would have to go to that ATM in person while the other option just requires me to type things on my mobile!

Besides, even if let's say you would need this, nothing would stop you to cash out on a BATM and then use on of those bill kiosk with the cash got from the BATM.
But the fact that no ATM producer has gone this way offerign things is pretty much telling there is no userbase!

Generally, Bitcoin friendly countries especially Japan, USA, Canada, Australia and China have a large number of Bitcoin ATMs and the general public of those countries exchange Bitcoins for local currency.

China? Bitcoin Friendly?  ;D

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG