follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Holding Bitcoin for long-term is risky?  (Read 11322 times)

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1157
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 11:39:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
Re: Holding Bitcoin for long-term is risky?
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2024, 07:04:44 AM »
So, what you're thinking is the bigger the risk, the bigger the profit you'll get? And are you also forgetting that the bigger the risk in your trading, the bigger the potential loss too?

I understand that there are still many people doing short trading to seek profit. That's not wrong. But what needs to be remembered is about risk management, where everyone has different abilities to handle risks.

I'm not smart enough to do technical analysis or anything related to short and medium-term trading. And instead of spending money on that, what suits me better is long-term holding.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2024, 07:04:44 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Dgsksn

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 7
  • Last Active: May 04, 2024, 10:17:09 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Karma Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2024, 09:43:13 AM »
I'm new to this forum, but I've learned a lot about bitcoin. I have spent a lot of time researching Bit Coin and Altcoins. I've done a lot of research on Bitcoin's bullish and bear markets. I learned that long-term holdings in Bitcoin have a higher potential for profit. Short-term holdings may hurt us. I think everyone should be holding long.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 09:33:41 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2024, 09:57:26 AM »
So, what you're thinking is the bigger the risk, the bigger the profit you'll get? And are you also forgetting that the bigger the risk in your trading, the bigger the potential loss too?

I understand that there are still many people doing short trading to seek profit. That's not wrong. But what needs to be remembered is about risk management, where everyone has different abilities to handle risks.

I'm not smart enough to do technical analysis or anything related to short and medium-term trading. And instead of spending money on that, what suits me better is long-term holding.
Short trading, or what is usually called scalping trading for me, poses a very big risk and must be avoided because scalping trading has the potential to get you trapped at high prices. Many have experienced this, including me. When trading, I prefer to do it because trading is normal and I don't really want to make quick profits because I understand the process that has to be gone through and, of course, the risks that have to be minimized.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 833
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 08:47:16 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2024, 11:35:42 AM »
      -   Holding Bitcoin long-term for me is no problem, as far as I know, especially if you hold it for 5 years. That means you will just wait for the 5 years that will pass before you sell it. That also means that whatever happens in the market, you will not be affected because your only target is to sell it after 5 years.

This is the difference between the long-term and short-term holders of Bitcoin, where the short-term are somewhat affected by what happens in the market because they are the ones who need to get profit in a short period.

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1190
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:46:07 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2024, 11:56:23 AM »
I think Holding Bitcoin for a long time is not risky, but there might be less profit if i don't do trade.. So, to make a good profit from BTC we must do the short-term trade as well.

What do you think?
yeah, I too am someone who thinks that holding bitcoin in the long term is a very good thing to do. Because bitcoin continues to make history with the ATH price they continue to reach every time after the bitcoin halving. So I learned from the history of bitcoin prices and have decided to invest in bitcoin for the long term. But I don't like trading it in the short term. Because the profits are small and if you want big profits you need large capital. So for short term trading I prefer to do it on altcoins and take advantage of their volatility.

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1691
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 06:48:46 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2024, 09:45:38 PM »
-snip-
Because the profits are small and if you want big profits you need large capital. So for short term trading I prefer to do it on altcoins and take advantage of their volatility.
Bitcoin is only specialized for long-term investment because it has proven to provide great returns.
Trading short-term certainly requires a lot of money, but the best for short-term trading is indeed Altcoins, moreover we will also soon welcome altcoin season.

Choose a top-ranked altcoin with high volatility so that it has a fast movement.
My favorite altcoin, which is ETH up and a few other altcoins.

Offline JoyMarsha

• Activity: 809
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 09:43:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2024, 10:17:56 PM »
I believe that the solutions you provided are way too incorrect. In the sense that an investor will ultimately earn if they plan to hodl bitcoin for an extended period of time. Consider any investor who purchased bitcoin in the vicinity of 2018, the year this post was published. And I managed to hold onto it till now (2024). Was it why I made money from it? As of 2018, the price of bitcoin is "2024", if we were to check.

There has been a significant price difference since then. Bitcoin is now worth $45k, compared to about $20k in 2020. a significant disparity in cost.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2024, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 11:04:22 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2024, 11:57:40 PM »
In fact, Bitcoin is very suitable for long-term investment. As long as we understand bearish and bullish time periods, it will be very worth it to invest in Bitcoin. Imagine if we buy Bitcoin at a rate below $10k now, until later in the bullish era, the increase will be multiple times that to get the profits. So, the potential to gain the profits are high. although there is still  risk.

Online dwyane36

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1757
  • Last Active: Today at 09:35:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Mobile User Karma Good Karma
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2024, 04:59:45 AM »
In fact, Bitcoin is very suitable for long-term investment. As long as we understand bearish and bullish time periods, it will be very worth it to invest in Bitcoin. Imagine if we buy Bitcoin at a rate below $10k now, until later in the bullish era, the increase will be multiple times that to get the profits. So, the potential to gain the profits are high. although there is still  risk.

Buying BTC at the bottom and selling it at the peak seems like a simple strategy, but only on paper. In reality, there are many, both novice and experienced investors, who cannot correctly identify the end of a bearish trend. Moreover, not everyone has the patience to wait out a bearish trend, especially if the entry point was initially chosen incorrectly.

Offline therozaq

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2639
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 06:48:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    too active, 25 Posts in one day 2500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2024, 05:29:53 AM »

Buying BTC at the bottom and selling it at the peak seems like a simple strategy, but only on paper. In reality, there are many, both novice and experienced investors, who cannot correctly identify the end of a bearish trend. Moreover, not everyone has the patience to wait out a bearish trend, especially if the entry point was initially chosen incorrectly.

We should have experience to know when bearish, It's difficult but wait until the dip after bitcoin touch new ATH.
I have several do that, and successful. I have bought at 2022 Bitcoin price at $ 20K. Maybe It wasn't the bottom. But I hold until now, I have gained big profit if I seel now. But not for now. I will sell next year.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1190
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:46:07 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2024, 11:36:59 AM »
-snip-
Because the profits are small and if you want big profits you need large capital. So for short term trading I prefer to do it on altcoins and take advantage of their volatility.
Bitcoin is only specialized for long-term investment because it has proven to provide great returns.
Trading short-term certainly requires a lot of money, but the best for short-term trading is indeed Altcoins, moreover we will also soon welcome altcoin season.

Choose a top-ranked altcoin with high volatility so that it has a fast movement.
My favorite altcoin, which is ETH up and a few other altcoins.
It seems like ETH has always been a favourite of many crypto users or even the majority of crypto users. Because we have to admit that the hype on the ETH network has never died out. If their Layer 1 doesn't have an event then what happens is that their Layer 2 creates an event and creates hype. Like Arb and others. So trading on everything in the ETH ecosystem sometimes rarely makes me disappointed. Because the hype never seems to stop. It's just that we have to know which way the narrative is moving.

The long term is still Bitcoin and the short term is altcoins.

Offline taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1691
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 06:48:46 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2024, 04:34:58 PM »
It seems like ETH has always been a favourite of many crypto users or even the majority of crypto users. Because we have to admit that the hype on the ETH network has never died out. If their Layer 1 doesn't have an event then what happens is that their Layer 2 creates an event and creates hype. Like Arb and others. So trading on everything in the ETH ecosystem sometimes rarely makes me disappointed. Because the hype never seems to stop. It's just that we have to know which way the narrative is moving.

The long term is still Bitcoin and the short term is altcoins.
Maybe this is a little off-topic because we are talking about ETH.
ETH has a strong ecosystem, being the pioneer of many emerging chains today and being the parent of all Layer 2, layer 3 etc. Chains.

So any project in the ETH Ecosystem will have better value, but certainly thirsty for projects that are really fully supported and have good hype.

Holding ETH for the long term is just like Bitcoin, because ETH follows the price of Bitcoin.
ETH for me is a long-term investment because it's almost like Bitcoin, it has a strong community and the development of ETH is getting better.

Offline AirtelBuzz

• Activity: 144
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 11:10:51 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Karma 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2024, 05:22:04 PM »
I'm new to this forum, but I've learned a lot about bitcoin. I have spent a lot of time researching Bit Coin and Altcoins. I've done a lot of research on Bitcoin's bullish and bear markets. I learned that long-term holdings in Bitcoin have a higher potential for profit. Short-term holdings may hurt us. I think everyone should be holding long.
As you have done a lot of research and learned a lot about Bitcoin, you should also learn that if you don't invest in Bitcoin for a long time, you will never get the desired results. Those who invest in Bitcoin should invest long-term for a minimum of four years.

For short term investment I think you should invest in alt coins where you can get short term profit but the risk involved is very high. And if you invest in Bitcoin then do it for a long time then you will get good returns at one time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:24:52 PM by AirtelBuzz »

Offline JISAN

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1262
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 07:43:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2024, 06:28:41 PM »
I think Holding Bitcoin for a long time is not risky, but there might be less profit if i don't do trade.. So, to make a good profit from BTC we must do the short-term trade as well.

What do you think?
Trading will not you guarantee profit because it is short term process and it has high risk so you should skip trading plan if you choice bitcoin. bitcoin is a potential currency and profitable assets for long term holding. it has aslo risk for long term holding but much less then trading. so i will suggest always to everyone for holding bitcoin for long term without trading it. if someone love trading and want to do that then altcoins will be better for them because as there is high risk, there is opportunity for high profit in short period of time. So if you take a risk, you should take the risk here.

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1139
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 03:46:29 PM
    • View Profile

Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2024, 08:12:27 PM »
I think long term trading in case of bitcoin is good because if we kept our bitcoin for at least four years then there is a chance that we will see more profit during Bull season that take place after every four years.

You can also think about your profit that if you have larger profit then sell your bitcoin and then wait again for lower buying price but all the time price does not reduce to the desired cost and you can miss Bull season in such situations.

Everyone has different thoughts and they think according to their benefits so keep check on your win percentage and then take any decision but in my opinion long term investment is good for getting good profit.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG