follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Nigerian Crypto Educator Returns $80K in Bitcoin Received by Mistake  (Read 3552 times)

Offline @Royale

• Activity: 508
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 07, 2020, 02:46:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary

Keith Mali Chung — the co-founder and president of African blockchain firm Loopblock Network — has returned almost $80,000 worth of Bitcoin (BTC) mistakenly sent to his wallet.

Chung — who goes by the Twitter handle of “Bitcoin Keith (The African Bitcoin Bull)” — tweeted about the incident on Sept. 12:
     “I received huge sum of BTC from an unknown sender and it’s definitely a mistake from someone I must have had transaction with
     before, Kindly DM me time of transaction, your adress and exact digits sent..

thank you. Kindly retweet”

The good samaritan
In a further update on Sept. 13, Chung revealed that the exact sum of apparently accidentally transferred Bitcoin was 7.8 BTC — worth $79,482 to press time. He also indicated that the sender who remains anonymous had responded to his request, meaning he was able to return the funds. He explained:
     “In Africa, which is where I am situated, 80% we transact Cryptos through WhatsApp escrows and someone who himself and I had
     business in the past made this huge mistake of sending 7.8BTC into my blockchain wallet. I spread the words round & he reached
     out.”

Chung’s actions earned him significant social media acclaim and even the moniker of “African/Nigerian good samaritan” on crypto Twitter. Had he failed to identify the sender, he had pledged to donate the accidentally-gotten proceeds to Binance, which organizes a series of philanthropic projects via its charity arm, Binance Charity. 

Blockchain adoption on the continent
A Cointelegraph analysis piece earlier this week covered recent developments in Nigeria's blockchain sector, where lawmakers are increasingly recognizing the benefits of trustless and decentralized protocols for improving transparency in local institutions and governance.

Solomon Adaelu, a member of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, argued this July that Nigeria should take the lead in driving adoption of the technology continent-wide, saying:
     “Blockchain is for Africa and Africa must take advantage of it to close the gap in the industrial and economic advancement between
     the African continent and the rest of the world. On the African continent, Nigeria must take the lead as the ‘Giant of Africa.’”

source:  https://cointelegraph.com/news/nigerian-crypto-educator-returns-80k-in-bitcoin-received-by-mistake

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG