follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Is technology really important for investment decisions?  (Read 5210 times)

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2897
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:31:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
Is technology really important for investment decisions?
« on: February 08, 2024, 01:44:53 AM »
On Tuesday, February 6, the Solana network shut down again after nearly a year of stable operation. This is the 11th outage in the past 2 years. Perhaps users and investors are too familiar with this "incident", after 5 hours everything has returned to stability[1].

Blockchain is a decentralized network that operates 24/7/365. Blockchain downtime is an extremely serious problem for users. This problem has existed for a long time and continues to need the Solana team to research and find a solution[2].

What surprised me was not that the Solana network shut down, but that the SOL token price was not negatively affected by this bad news.

On the price chart, we do not have a serious decline, even at the moment, SOL token is already traded at over 100 USD.

This makes me feel that technology, which is heavily advertised by projects, is actually just one of many ways to market. Technology is only a part of supporting the price chart, technology does not have a direct impact on price. Technology does not determine token price fluctuations!

Ultimately, despite the extremely heated debate with each other about the technology of projects in the market, investors participate in the crypto market to seek profits. As long as the token increases in price and generates profits, that token is considered good, potential, and worth investing in. Blockchain stability is not too important to investors, only a very few investors actually use blockchain. If so, it is just an investment action to make a profit, not to solve an irreplaceable need of life.

For comparison, the EOS network has very good technology and has been operating stably for 2064 days, no downtime, no problems as Solana, but the EOS token price has divided 31 times compared to the 2018 peak. It is a bad choice for investment!

I want to hear your opinion on this issue:
  • Are you entering the crypto market to pursue technology or profit?
  • For you, is the project's technology important to the investment decision?

References:
[1] Solana Back Up Following Major 5-Hour Outage
[2] Solana Struggles: Understanding the Network’s Recent Outages

Note:
  • My opinion was posted first in that topic, on Bitcointalk
  • I leave the source link to avoid plagiarism accusation.
  • I excluded/ included minor things from an original thread if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:47:12 AM by KryptoBull »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Is technology really important for investment decisions?
« on: February 08, 2024, 01:44:53 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1697
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: Today at 09:09:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
Re: Is technology really important for investment decisions?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 04:23:45 AM »
Technology is a great help and contribution to our lives, especially in this age. Now, if I look at the graph you gave here, it is a downtrend, and in the second image below, I see a new direction to go.

Then this SOL has recently shown a good performance in the market because the development it has shown is good, and that cannot be denied. Although there was a short decline in the market, it somehow recovered and will recover even more in the future.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4137
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 03:28:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 02:04:34 PM »

What surprised me was not that the Solana network shut down, but that the SOL token price was not negatively affected by this bad news. On the price chart, we do not have a serious decline, even at the moment, SOL token is already traded at over 100 USD.

Solana must be very resilient so that its own token was not affected by the 5-hour outage which could have been a big nightmare with other crypto-based platforms. Now, since this is not the first time, maybe SOL people just thought it would anyway comeback so there is no need to panic hence the market remains solid for SOL. I only have a small number of SOL so this does not concern me at all but then again news like this should be treated with cautious stance as this goes into the core of Solana. There is really a big problem and let's just trust the SOL team to come up with steps not to let another outage happen into the future. As one of the most active and really an up and rising platform, we should be expecting a lot from Solana.

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3437
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 07:16:50 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 02:18:28 PM »
Blockchain is a decentralized network that operates 24/7/365.
That's only half of it because there are so-called Private or Permissioned Blockchains. As the name suggest, there's an individual or a group that controls it.

Blockchain downtime is an extremely serious problem for users. This problem has existed for a long time and continues to need the Solana team to research and find a solution.
Decentralized solution to a centralized problem?

What surprised me was not that the Solana network shut down, but that the SOL token price was not negatively affected by this bad news.
That is because it happened when the there's optimism in the market. If this happened after the correction, the price probably would have dumped at least 20%.

For long term investments, issues such as network security and stability is a huge factor. When it comes to short to midterm, hype usually overtakes it.

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1428
  • Last Active: Today at 04:09:08 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 03:54:53 PM »

1. It cannot be denied that I entered crypto just to look for profit, if you put it in perspective, 90% is for profit, 10% is for technology
2. From my point of view, technology is our main factor in investing in crypto. If there is no development in the technology offered, investors will automatically look for projects that have better prospects and are more innovative in the technology offered.

Offline yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1715
  • Last Active: Today at 06:56:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 06:28:00 PM »
Are you entering the crypto market to pursue technology or profit?
Unfortunately, most investors enter for profit only and not because they are impressed by the technological project. Even Bitcoin, most investors are only concerned with the rise in price and do not look at the true value of the Bitcoin project and the technological revolution it has brought about in our lives.

For you, is the project's technology important to the investment decision?

The project's technology is supposed to be important for making investment decisions, because the project is supposed to solve an existing problem and cover a real need in the market. Otherwise, simply creating a coin that has no real need is just nonsense and Scam.

The Solana network stopped working several times without affecting the price. This indicates that there is no real use for the Blockchain or the Solana project. If there had been a real use on the ground, it would have inevitably been negatively reflected and led to a decrease in the price.

Online MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15810
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 08:55:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 08:54:42 PM »

For comparison, the EOS network has very good technology and has been operating stably for 2064 days, no downtime, no problems as Solana, but the EOS token price has divided 31 times compared to the 2018 peak. It is a bad choice for investment!

Just as you said, if technology decided, EOS would already be the hegemon, but the investment story is not that simple. Investors care little about technology, they only care about their accounts, about profits, about the opportunities they can take in this market, enriching themselves and their families in real life.

The network keeps shutting down, the price keeps increasing, this further confirms the independence of technology from the price chart, even though technology is used as a quite effective promotional tool.

1. I don't pursue technology, my goal is crypto, and profit :)
2. Technology is just an additional condition, not the most important thing leading to my investment decision. More important than technology is the community, partners, large backing funds, reputable team, positive price fluctuations, and market trends.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 08:54:42 PM »

Online Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 847
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:35:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 09:33:11 PM »
On Tuesday, February 6, the Solana network shut down again after nearly a year of stable operation. This is the 11th outage in the past 2 years. Perhaps users and investors are too familiar with this "incident", after 5 hours everything has returned to stability[1].

we cant do to always avoid anything that has to do with outage, just as i can remember this afternoon while with my mobile device engaging on trades and the network cease for more than 15 minutes, i couldn't help in this situation than to embrace my fate at that time in waiting patiently till it was restored back, there could be maintenance on a series occasion under routine management they may perform to ensure a smoot operations in their service, but i will encourage such to always be at night, less people will be affected during this time.

Online Gyrgen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3100
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 08:59:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 10:00:20 PM »

we cant do to always avoid anything that has to do with outage, just as i can remember this afternoon while with my mobile device engaging on trades and the network cease for more than 15 minutes, i couldn't help in this situation than to embrace my fate at that time in waiting patiently till it was restored back, there could be maintenance on a series occasion under routine management they may perform to ensure a smoot operations in their service, but i will encourage such to always be at night, less people will be affected during this time.
It’s one thing when a phone loses the network for a while, and quite another when the whole network goes down. This a priori should not happen, because there are a lot of network validators, and what knocked everyone out at once?This flaw significantly affects the distribution and use of crypto as a whole.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline legend45

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1765
  • Last Active: Today at 01:26:51 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2024, 06:56:29 PM »

Technology is a great help and contribution to our lives, especially in this age. Now, if I look at the graph you gave here, it is a downtrend, and in the second image below, I see a new direction to go.

Then this SOL has recently shown a good performance in the market because the development it has shown is good, and that cannot be denied. Although there was a short decline in the market, it somehow recovered and will recover even more in the future

Yeah , we need the technology in our lives. Technology is really important. Crypto currency is the future technology, because bank can't do it. It's really digital currency.

Solana is very potential coin and has shown good performance lately. We know Solana has good team behind their project.

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9504
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 07:17:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 07:33:27 PM »
The technology depends or not depending on the mentality and ideas of each investor. If, as someone has said in previous posts, the only thing that matters is the price, the technology will not be of any interest to that person. On the other hand, if the investor is interested in new goals and new achievements in payment systems, digitalization, anonymity and living in a world with fewer borders than exist, the main thing will be technology. Unfortunately, most investors are only into cryptocurrencies for money, many of them don't even know how a blockchain works, not even in the most basic aspects.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1734
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 02:28:45 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 02:31:59 AM »
The technology depends or not depending on the mentality and ideas of each investor. If, as someone has said in previous posts, the only thing that matters is the price, the technology will not be of any interest to that person. On the other hand, if the investor is interested in new goals and new achievements in payment systems, digitalization, anonymity and living in a world with fewer borders than exist, the main thing will be technology. Unfortunately, most investors are only into cryptocurrencies for money, many of them don't even know how a blockchain works, not even in the most basic aspects.

Investors just want to gain profit, they only think about money. The business man and the government should think about crypto technology.
We can't blame the investors thinking because they just do invest and several of them do trading, but no care about the technology can be adopted in their lives. That's the fact

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2462
  • Last Active: Today at 04:04:12 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2024, 04:59:40 AM »
Technology is very important, without technology we cannot do transaction in crypto currency. also technology make our activity easily more . Imagine if there is no plan, no car no internet,no TV , no handphone we will return to ancient times. Blockchain technology from crypto is useful,but no many the companies and government adopt this technology.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1035
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 03:17:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2024, 10:33:02 PM »

One of the primary concern for crypto investors to make profit, then before investing in any project things that will be consider is the project's technology to know if it's a project that have vision and mission that can help them become a successful project sooner or later. So, I agree that a project's technology can also influence an inveators decision.

Offline Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1701
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:52:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2024, 10:39:57 PM »

Just as you said, if technology decided, EOS would already be the hegemon, but the investment story is not that simple. Investors care little about technology, they only care about their accounts, about profits, about the opportunities they can take in this market, enriching themselves and their families in real life.

The network keeps shutting down, the price keeps increasing, this further confirms the independence of technology from the price chart, even though technology is used as a quite effective promotional tool.

1. I don't pursue technology, my goal is crypto, and profit :)
2. Technology is just an additional condition, not the most important thing leading to my investment decision. More important than technology is the community, partners, large backing funds, reputable team, positive price fluctuations, and market trends.

+1 on this, we should be honest that "investors" are here to make money and profit. The thing though is that there are newbies who think that it's going to be easy, and that it will be quick, but that mindset is very wrong. But for those who have matured already, evolved as a investors, they know how to play this game now and so they stay and stick with the crypto that will give them a good profit like maybe SOL.

And that is why the price is not affected, and based on SOL's investors, they knew that the people behind can make it run again. It took them hours, but it's good to see their blockchain back as if nothing happens.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG