follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: More Epochs mod v1.1 for Claymore ETH miner 15. Epochs 385+ work, New Version!  (Read 1152 times)

Offline James Bond

• Activity: 205
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: February 27, 2021, 05:06:12 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Hello fellow miners. Some of you can remember me from HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer. I've updated that miner, added new features and fixed bugs without access to source code.

I like Claymore's Eth miner much and used it many times in 2019/2020, so it was sad for me to see how it stopped working because it only supported up to 384 DAG epoch. I decided to see what can be done to solve the problem. After two weeks of researching and hard work, the solution is ready:

More Epochs mod v1.1 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

My mod adds support of DAG epochs up to 500 so you can continue to use legendary Claymore ETH miner!

Currently this mod supports only Windows version of the miner and Nvidia GPUs.

Latest mod's version: 1.1

~ added support of Cuda 10 EthDcrMiner64.exe

~ fixed bug with buffer allocation for DAG epochs 388+

The mod in action:

You can see how my mod works on this video: https://vimeo.com/495752694
You can also download this video from my mega.nz folder, name of the file is MoreEpochs_How_it_works.mp4

Downloads:

Mega.nz: https://mega.nz/folder/dA50QB7L#juGvdl4e5rtlx01kxhC_sg

How to use:

Unpack the archive and run the miner as you usually do. If the mod will complete its job successfully, you will see green colored message below Claymore's logo:

and now the miner is able to work with DAG epochs up to 500.

If you don't see this message, make sure you are using my original mod from my download link. If it still doesn't work for you, contact me and I will try to help you.

Cuda 8 and 10:

By default, there is Cuda 8 vesion of file EthDcrMiner64.exe in the root folder of the miner. If you want to use Cuda 10 version of Claymore ETH Miner (it can give some speed increase), copy cudart64_100.dll and EthDcrMiner64.exe from the cuda 10 subfolder to the root folder of the miner and overwrite EthDcrMiner64.exe there.

Then you can run the miner as usual and you should see:

CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: xx.x/10.0

As you can see, Runtime Version is 10.0. It means miner uses Cuda 10.0 API.

If you want to get back to Cuda 8, unpack file 'EthDcrMiner64.exe' from the mod's archive root folder, and copy it to the root folder of the miner, overwriting 'EthDcrMiner64.exe' there.

After that if you'll run the miner you should see:

CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: xx.x/8.0

As you can see, Runtime Version is 8.0. It means miner uses Cuda 8.0 API.

Cuda 8 can be slightly faster on some rigs, and Cuda 10 can be slightly faster on others. You can test both versions on your rig and choose fastest one.

Changelog:

Version: 1.1

~ added support of Cuda 10 EthDcrMiner64.exe

~ fixed bug with buffer allocation for DAG epochs 388+

Version: 1.0

~ First version, supports only Cuda 8 EthDcrMiner64.exe and Nvidia GPUs.

My reward:

Several people asked me about devfee in this mod, and I want to explain what is my reward for creating and supporting it. In this mod I've done huge amount of unique work from the start, so people can use legendary Claymore miner again. As a reward for that hard work which as I hope will help many people, I pointed devfee to my eth wallet. This will support me and let me to invest more time into development of future versions of this mod. I think this is fair, because for some reason original developer disappeared, his miner stopped working and so devfee mining to his wallets stopped too anyway. Size of devfee is unchanged, it's 1% - 36 seconds of every hour.

Future plans:

Feature versions of the mod will have suport for Linux version of the miner, hopefully AMD GPUs and more.

Enjoy!

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG