follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Blockhain-based messengers  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Marryan

• Activity: 442
  • Chillin
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 20, 2023, 05:41:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Blockhain-based messengers
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

Tired of the fact that everyone constantly offends Telegrams. Telegram is generally the best that now is. Can you give any arguments against?

I can :)

1. It needs your phone number for registration - what is already not private.
2. It doesn't use end-to-end encryption. They tell they use it for secret chats only which are not available to everyone - only to iOS users.
3. IP address is exposed to operator
4. It has an access to user location
5. It stores all data on the server

Should I continue?

so, do all your really necessary correspondence in secret chats, what's the problem? I do not think that you are such an interesting person, that some people are watching you and your correspondence   :-\

I think it's not about correspondence only as some people do crypto transactions using messengers for example and they don't want to leak information dedicated to it for sure.
[/quote]

with the help of the Telegram, it is now possible to carry out various kinds of transactions absolutely calmly and without fear. he is really safe. In this messenger, no one will definitely steal your data.
[/quote]

So I just proved you that it's not safe at all and you start speaking about safe transactions in Telegram? Are you insane?
You'll remember my words when you'll lose your money using that shitty messenger.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline AltLogan

• Activity: 336
  • Last Active: August 14, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
I don't understand why we all talk about privacy and security while internet connection itself implies the ability to have access to any data which is transferred using network.
It's the most difficult but still possible way to hack and access your data.

Offline Morrower

• Activity: 261
  • Last Active: March 13, 2020, 03:07:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 11:49:37 AM »
I don't understand why we all talk about privacy and security while internet connection itself implies the ability to have access to any data which is transferred using network.
You're right, you have to control everything in order to be safe on the web - using vpn, safe browsers and so on. And still it's hard to be sure in your privacy.
But I think that's why blockchain appeared. And I think soon there will be not only messengers and crypto apps but whole networks based on blockchain that will give us full anonymity.
Will you agree?

Offline AltLogan

• View Profile

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »
You're right, you have to control everything in order to be safe on the web - using vpn, safe browsers and so on. And still it's hard to be sure in your privacy.
But I think that's why blockchain appeared. And I think soon there will be not only messengers and crypto apps but whole networks based on blockchain that will give us full anonymity.
Will you agree?

Yes, I am.
But still I believe I won't be so destroyed if one day I will lose any data or money because of the unsecured apps, extensions, messengers, websites we use.

Offline Morrower

• View Profile

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
Will you agree?

Yes, I am.
But still I believe I won't be so destroyed if one day I will lose any data or money because of the unsecured apps, extensions, messengers, websites we use.

That's why you have to find open source apps and check everything yourself before using some scam apps which are known to few people only.
I'm sure there are good ones as people need that privacy already..

And if you don't want to lose your data somehow - it's better to watch after every step you make. I mean don't follow every link you see and receive at least.

Offline AltLogan

• View Profile

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
Will you agree?

Yes, I am.

That's why you have to find open source apps and check everything yourself before using some scam apps which are known to few people only.
I'm sure there are good ones as people need that privacy already..

And if you don't want to lose your data somehow - it's better to watch after every step you make. I mean don't follow every link you see and receive at least.

Well, it'll be difficult to find security proofed one, because I'm not so good at privacy knowledge and methods of checking it using some apps.

Offline Marryan

• Chillin
    • View Profile

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
You can ask people who understand that sphere. Moreover good developers usually post a white list where they explain everything in simple words. In order to make it understandable for everyone as they have to attract more people to their project. Not only those who deals with IT.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »

Offline agusiska

• Activity: 82
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: November 15, 2018, 11:01:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
i think all aspect now was interest for using blockchain technology, like you say, messengers or social media is one of that whos using blockchain, you can chat and send message through their platform and got rewarded by their token.
═════════════════   Uptherium  ═════════════════
▉▉▉▉▉   ITS YOUR PERSONAL CRYPTO HUB   ▉▉▉▉▉
White Paper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Youtube    Reddit    ANN Thread

Offline Morrower

• View Profile

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »

I like to try new things, but I choose what to try. I don't want to try weed from the garden.

Then you can compare the most private messengers and choose the best one. I agree that some of them are awful, but still you can give a change to better ones.

Offline Bica

• Activity: 227
  • Last Active: August 15, 2019, 09:19:59 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »

I like to try new things, but I choose what to try. I don't want to try weed from the garden.

Then you can compare the most private messengers and choose the best one. I agree that some of them are awful, but still you can give a change to better ones.

I feel sorry for my time for this. When any messenger becomes popular, I'll try it.

Offline Morrower

• View Profile

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »

I feel sorry for my time for this. When any messenger becomes popular, I'll try it.

But they are already popular I think.. Or you want to wait until they gain as many users as WhatsApp has now?

Offline Bica

• Activity: 227
  • Last Active: August 15, 2019, 09:19:59 AM
    • View Profile

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2018, 06:11:46 AM »

But they are already popular I think.. Or you want to wait until they gain as many users as WhatsApp has now?

Yes, I want it. When the messenger can replace the WhatsApp, then I will switch to it. I see no reason to do it now. This is complete nonsense to lose your time!

Offline bountyecrire

• Activity: 309
  • Last Active: March 01, 2022, 10:58:33 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »
I think telegram was gonna do an ico, to go to blockchain. But before them, probably some other projects will achieve this.

Offline Marryan

• Chillin
    • View Profile

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
I think telegram was gonna do an ico, to go to blockchain. But before them, probably some other projects will achieve this.

I would not believe anything connected to Telegram.
They have to learn privacy first of all and then produce ICO.
If they'll develop it I will consider it as a scam and will not use it for sure.

Offline sammysnack

• Activity: 95
  • Last Active: August 08, 2019, 01:18:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
All this still does not inspire confidence in me to any instant messenger other than Telegram.
nothing holy

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG