follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Poll

Which assets will you choose to accumulate:

Bitcoin (BTC)
20 (95.2%)
Gold
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Has BTC really become more attractive than gold?  (Read 3540 times)

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2897
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 12:31:46 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
Has BTC really become more attractive than gold?
« on: March 27, 2024, 01:22:27 AM »
BTC is called Digital Gold by the crypto community and is always expected to be able to compete with gold in terms of capitalization [1], value, position and acceptance in the economy. The price increase of BTC in the past few months has completely outperformed gold, even the money flow from traditional investors is also withdrawing from spot Gold ETFs and flowing into spot BTC ETFs [2]. Gold Bug Peter Schiff, who has always opposed BTC, also wishes he had bought BTC in 2010 [3]. That shows that BTC is becoming more popular than gold on the media and becoming an attractive investment brand. I say BTC is an investment brand because spot BTC ETFs are just a financial product based on BTC, it is not BTC.

Recently, Gold Miner Nilam Resources has signed a letter of intent to acquire a massive amount of BTC and other digital assets, marking a significant shift in the company's direction. The acquisition hinges on obtaining 100% ownership of MindWave, a company holds a staggering 24,800 BTC. The BTC amount can be used as collateral to secure capital for future Nilam projects [4].

To me, this move by Nilam confirms the growing recognition of BTC as a truly valuable asset class. Not only that, it also shows the potential of BTC has really won over companies in the gold market. They may prefer gold over BTC because gold has brought them wealth in the past, but they will not ignore BTC with the potential to bring them more profits in the future.

Similar to me and my friends: Our grandparents and parents all love to accumulate gold, but we no longer buy gold as a way to reserve wealth. We choose crypto, especially BTC to accumulate because it is simpler, more convenient to buy with smaller amounts, and has much higher profits than gold. We seem to have left gold behind as a part of the past.

I would like to know your views on BTC and gold:
  • Are you investing in BTC or gold?
  • Do you think BTC has become more attractive than gold in the investment sector?
  • Have people like Peter Schiff accumulated a lot of BTC while still badmouthing BTC in the media?

References:
[1] When will Bitcoin catch up with Gold in capitalization?
[2] Gold Funds See Big Outflows Alongside Rush of Money Into Bitcoin ETFs
[3] Gold Bug Peter Schiff Says He Wishes He'd Bought Bitcoin in 2010
[4] Nilam Resources Enters Letters of Intent to Acquire 24,800 Bitcoin

Note:
  • My opinion has been presented in a topic, on BitcoinTalk forum
  • This topic on AltcoinsTalks forum has included a minor change in the way my opinion is presented.
  • This statement is to avoid accusations of plagiarism.

Update 2024.03.27: The announcement raises doubts about its legitimacy because Nilam, a company with a market value of only $4 million, plans to purchase a massive $1.7 billion worth of Bitcoin.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:11:21 AM by KryptoBull »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Has BTC really become more attractive than gold?
« on: March 27, 2024, 01:22:27 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline TomPluz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4137
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 03:28:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    50 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Has BTC really become more attractive than gold?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 05:29:30 AM »

As what Robert Kiyosaki has been recommending for the past many months, Bitcoin, silver and gold are the top investment vehicles one should get into as the global economy can be facing a lot of pressures in the next coming years. However, we know that Bitcoin is the most exciting among the three and it is because it is the most volatile where the price can go up and down as fat as we are blinking our eyes where the prospect of gains  and loss can be staggering. As for gold and silver, they are good options too and in fact attracting many investors and traders as well but we know that Bitcoin is more accessible to many.

1. Are you investing in BTC or gold?
Between Bitcoin and gold, I am into Bitcoin ever since I got involved with cryptocurrency since many years ago but it does not mean I got a huge portfolio of it. Gold is less accessible compared to Bitcoin and if one will accumulate physical gold then it can be a big hassle protecting and transporting and that is why many people love Bitcoin as a store of value and a speculative asset. I am not saying though that gold is not a good option, it is not just for me as of now.

3. Do you think BTC has become more attractive than gold in the investment sector?
I understand that it would be difficult for me to quantify if gold has become less attractive compared to Bitcoin as gold has a marketcap much. much bigger than Bitcoin. However, when we talk on excitement then Bitcoin is the winner and as what I said above it is more accessible for the many. Plus its volatility can mean that an investor can earn a good ROI even just two weeks or a month after starting on the journey...something that one may not be experiencing with gold as it tends to be more stable.

3. Have people like Peter Schiff accumulated a lot of BTC while still badmouthing BTC in the media?
I am not sure what lead Peter Schiff to be an anti-Bitcoin personality when in fact anybody can invest on both and they are good investments as far as I can see. In fact, there is actually no need to choose between the two...if you have the money then go for gold and also for Bitcoin. This is not like electing a president of the country where you can only select one...we can have all the gold and Bitcoin we want for as long as one has the money to do so.

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15805
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: Today at 02:27:24 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 09:10:44 PM »
To me, this move by Nilam confirms the growing recognition of BTC as a truly valuable asset class. Not only that, it also shows the potential of BTC has really won over companies in the gold market. They may prefer gold over BTC because gold has brought them wealth in the past, but they will not ignore BTC with the potential to bring them more profits in the future.

• Do you think BTC has become more attractive than gold in the investment sector?
  • Have people like Peter Schiff accumulated a lot of BTC while still badmouthing BTC in the media?
These companies are created to seek profit, gold is just a financial instrument they have chosen in the past, and now their attention is on BTC because BTC has really had impressive growth in the past time, accepted at the level of organization, company, asset management fund and country. As long as an asset creates significant profits, these companies will invest, regardless of their previous field of operation as gold mining. This also confirms the attractiveness of BTC to large companies in the economy.

1. I am investing in BTC, I do not have gold in my portfolio. BTC is easier to buy and there is no need to worry when storing, all I need to do is protect my private key.

2. In fact, BTC has actually become a more attractive asset than gold in terms of growth and profit, even though BTC's cap is still modest compared to gold.

3. I believe they have been and are collecting BTC. They are smart people, when they criticize BTC, they also realize its potential, if they just spend a small part of their assets to accumulate BTC from more than 10 years ago, they will also have BTC worth billions of $.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Online Litzki1990

• Activity: 842
  • Last Active: Today at 06:12:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    500 Posts Topic Starter Karma Good
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 07:06:09 AM »
If Bitcoin is the most popular currency in the world and if Bitcoin is more popular than the USD dollar, I still don't think people will reduce their use of gold. Gold is not only used by people for investment or savings but also people prefer to use gold as their ornaments. People will use gold as long as there is human desire. People's use of gold will never go down with the price of bitcoins changing or the popularity of bitcoins increasing. Gold has been one of the most valuable metals in the world since ancient times and till now gold is one of the most valuable metals in the world as well as gold will be a very valuable metal for people in the future. So I think we should consider gold and bitcoin separately rather than one.

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1560
  • Last Active: Today at 05:06:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 08:28:45 AM »
Are you investing in BTC or gold?
Gold are very expensive. This will lesson the number of those that invest in it if compared with bitcoin that you can buy with just $50. You need thousands of dollars to buy gold bars. It also needs physical storage. I prefer bitcoin.

Do you think BTC has become more attractive than gold in the investment sector?
It should, because bitcoin is scarier and will become scarier.

Have people like Peter Schiff accumulated a lot of BTC while still badmouthing BTC in the media?
Is Peter Schiff holding bitcoin? With how critic that man is, I do not think he is holding bitcoin. He said in the past that he is not holding bitcoin. The man said bitcoin is not physical and not having value. You can see how he is wrong.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline ABCbits

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1555
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 11:13:47 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Search Poll Voter Karma Good
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 10:32:46 AM »
Are you investing in BTC or gold?
Gold are very expensive. This will lesson the number of those that invest in it if compared with bitcoin that you can buy with just $50. You need thousands of dollars to buy gold bars. It also needs physical storage. I prefer bitcoin.

In addition, you also need to keep certificate for that physical gold if you don't want hard time selling it in the future. Although as investment, some people decide to trust 3rd party where they buy digital gold where they can buy in smaller amount.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline Crypto Library

• Activity: 948
  • Living life with Hemophilia-A
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:13:11 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Search Karma Bad
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 12:25:48 PM »
1. Are you investing in BTC or gold?
I am gonna choose bitcoin rather than choosing gold And the reason I put the money first is that Bitcoin is virtual and doesn't have to provide any physical security.  Gold on the other hand has to pay more security and it bothers me.
2. Do you think BTC has become more attractive than gold in the investment sector?
Bitcoin investment is attractive but the attractiveness has not yet surpassed that of gold.  It tells the volume of the market cap of Gold and Bitcoin.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 12:25:48 PM »

Online bayu7adi

• Activity: 1092
  • Last Active: Today at 06:14:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 09:53:34 PM »
Several years ago I invested in gold, but it did not provide significant profits. Storing gold and jewelry for 4 years is not a good practice, because those who get the biggest profits are exchanges with high spreads. They have such annoying authority that I feel disappointed with the gold investment model that many people dream of.

In the past year, I have focused more on BTC, and I might have better luck if I just choose to hold BTC for a period of 4 years. Considering that BTC is currently in a bullish period, I can be a little more confident about this.

The halving is coming in a few months, and I'm sure I can make a profit at that moment if I still hold BTC. Yes, I have BTC and only a little gold, in fact the amount of gold I have is probably only 10% of the amount of BTC I have. It is very small because of past disappointments.

Offline Z-tight

• Activity: 1000
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 05:15:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Search Quick Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 10:20:12 PM »
1. Take note that you don't have to choose one over the other, you can buy both BTC and gold if you have the money to do so. It is also worth mentioning that you don't have to buy physical gold bars to invest in gold, there are other options, i.e. Gold etf's, Gold stocks or just buying jewelleries.

2. Gold will be more attractive to investors that do not want to invest in volatile assets and are happy with smaller profit over a long time. BTC is volatile and while you can make bigger profits, the price can also fall, but you don't lose until you sell at a loss.

3. I don't know and i don't care!
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
 █████
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online yhiaali3

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1715
  • Last Active: Today at 06:56:43 PM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Search
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 10:41:07 PM »
As for the first question, yes, I invest in both Bitcoin and gold, because they are both a store of value in the long term and both are considered a strategic choice for long-term investment.

As for the second question, I think that the majority of people are now investing in Bitcoin because it can be obtained in an easier way and with less capital than what is required to obtain a sufficient amount of gold for investment. Also, the expected profits are much greater than the expected profits from investing in gold.

As for the transfer of stockholders from gold to Bitcoin via an ETF, it is not worthy of attention in my view because the stockholders do not actually own gold or Bitcoin, but rather own its value in stocks, so the change is easy for them due to the expectation that they will receive greater profits.

Offline Trongduy

• Activity: 836
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: Today at 04:12:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts Karma Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 06:56:43 AM »
1. I don't have any gold or BTC because I don't have the money to invest in them. If I could, I would buy BTC because gold is already too expensive and I can't buy it with a few dozen USD.

2. For me, BTC is more attractive than gold. Gold is probably only an asset chosen by people from the older generation when they didn't have any other assets more reliable than gold.

3. Don't listen to what they say, look at what they do. I don't know if they own a lot of BTC, but if they admit to owning thousands of BTC, I wouldn't be surprised.
▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Wiseman

• Legendary
  • Activity: 4318
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 07:08:06 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 29
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Quick Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2024, 08:12:13 AM »
We can not say unequivocally that Bitcoin has become more interesting than Gold for everyone, it mostly applies only to those who work on the Internet or in general earn on cryptocurrency, not so many people know and have Bitcoin, but Gold know all and have almost all, in fact, knowing what and how I perfectly understand that Bitcoin is much more interesting as an investment.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1697
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: Today at 09:09:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2024, 10:13:38 AM »
You know there are people who love gold but don't like bitcoin; there are others who want the same thing, then there are others who want the same thing but don't have money to buy because of the difficulty of life; and those who are not rich try to have bitcoin, hoping it will bring them profit in the future.

I, like others, also want gold. That's why the chances of getting a profit in bitcoin are faster compared to gold. Secondly, you don't need a large amount to get bitcoin, unlike gold; it's not like that. It seems that the minimum price for gold is $150  and above, whereas with Bitcoin, you can have holdings of only $10. This is just my opinion.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2024, 11:13:30 AM »

I imagine you say that because you have never really considered buying gold and therefore have not informed yourself about it. You can buy 1 gram gold bars for about $85, and 1 gram is so tiny you can hide it anywhere. The problem with buying small gold bars is that the smaller the gold bar the more premium you pay.

But back to the topic of the thread I also believe that bitcoin has become more attractive than gold, what I also believe that there will always be market for gold, because being physical and used in jewelry and industry will not be replaced in that by bitcoin

▄▄█████████▄▄
 █████
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1560
  • Last Active: Today at 05:06:27 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2024, 11:32:43 AM »
I imagine you say that because you have never really considered buying gold and therefore have not informed yourself about it. You can buy 1 gram gold bars for about $85, and 1 gram is so tiny you can hide it anywhere. The problem with buying small gold bars is that the smaller the gold bar the more premium you pay.
I do not know that I can buy smaller pieces of gold but just knowing that now. I do not have it in mind to buy gold because it is physical and can be stolen. No matter how small or big it is. There are chances that it can be lost. Unlike bitcoin that has better security if you know how to securely hold your coins.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
 █████