follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: What Bitcoin Mobile Wallet are you using?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Google+

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1314
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:45:51 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
Re: What Bitcoin Mobile Wallet are you using?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2024, 10:46:20 PM »
I mainly don't use lightning network because its adoption rate is very low and when I open a channel I have to lock some bit of bitcoin first. So I use SegWit (bech32) wallet and for that I use both Electrum and Trust wallet. I would put trust wallet a bit ahead in this aspect because here you can use it with multi coins. And if you only need a wallet for bitcoins then you can use the electrum wallet. Moreover, for Lightning wallet, I think BlueWallet and Breez will be the best. If you want, you can try using these two wallets. If I say one advantage of Breez wallet then you can receive 0.01 Bitcoin as lightning payment.
Until now I prefer Electrum to be the wallet that I like, Electrum has a fairly high level of trust and still provides the latest updates, but to be honest, a wallet must be equipped with additional features such as 2fa which is used to provide very high security, so far I have seen that many wallets from Trust Wallets have been hacked because they accidentally connected their wallets to a site which could potentially drain all their assets.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2024, 10:46:20 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online Baofeng

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1712
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 09:15:03 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Poll Voter Quick Poster Karma Good
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2024, 11:00:45 PM »
I mainly don't use lightning network because its adoption rate is very low and when I open a channel I have to lock some bit of bitcoin first. So I use SegWit (bech32) wallet and for that I use both Electrum and Trust wallet. I would put trust wallet a bit ahead in this aspect because here you can use it with multi coins. And if you only need a wallet for bitcoins then you can use the electrum wallet. Moreover, for Lightning wallet, I think BlueWallet and Breez will be the best. If you want, you can try using these two wallets. If I say one advantage of Breez wallet then you can receive 0.01 Bitcoin as lightning payment.
Until now I prefer Electrum to be the wallet that I like, Electrum has a fairly high level of trust and still provides the latest updates, but to be honest, a wallet must be equipped with additional features such as 2fa which is used to provide very high security, so far I have seen that many wallets from Trust Wallets have been hacked because they accidentally connected their wallets to a site which could potentially drain all their assets.

Same here, one of the best wallet for Bitcoin, although there are a lot, including some local wallets that we used here, but still the experience with Electrum is fine and seamless.

Of course, it's not that perfect, no wallet is perfect, but at least with Electrum and being one of the first Bitcoin wallet, we've used it that we are that comfortable and we know how to protect our asset in it.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1976
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:51:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2024, 07:50:21 AM »
Same here, one of the best wallet for Bitcoin, although there are a lot, including some local wallets that we used here, but still the experience with Electrum is fine and seamless.

Of course, it's not that perfect, no wallet is perfect, but at least with Electrum and being one of the first Bitcoin wallet, we've used it that we are that comfortable and we know how to protect our asset in it.
So far, the Electrum wallet has very high security, but when someone finds out your secret key it will be over because the wallet will immediately be drained. I have hopes for the future development of Electrum, hopefully it will be equipped with 2FA layered security such as Google Authenticator or similar, when the secret key is leaked, there is still a second layer of security which still provides good security, considering that Bitcoin has top priority because the price is already very expensive, it is certain that many hackers will try to attack wallets that still have weaknesses like that.

Online Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1565
  • Last Active: Today at 10:12:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2024, 09:36:32 AM »
So far, the Electrum wallet has very high security, but when someone finds out your secret key it will be over because the wallet will immediately be drained.
If you are referring to security, know that it depends on how you use Electrum. Do not consider Electrum online wallet which is single signature wallet to have high security. But if you use Electrum on an airgapped device and not making it go online, it is highly secure.

It is not called security key but seed phrase. Or is it not seed phrase that you are referring to? Also worth mentioning that private key can be mentioned also because seed phrase that generates the private key or the private key itself should not be compromised as it will lead to lost of your coins.

I have hopes for the future development of Electrum, hopefully it will be equipped with 2FA layered security such as Google Authenticator or similar, when the secret key is leaked, there is still a second layer of security which still provides good security, considering that Bitcoin has top priority because the price is already very expensive, it is certain that many hackers will try to attack wallets that still have weaknesses like that.
Electrum has 2FA feature if you want to go for it, but the fee is huge and not encouraging. If you want an online wallet that is highly secure, why not just go for multisig on 2 or 3 devices.

Also know that you can add passphrase to your seed phrase to extend the words and anyone that do not know the passphrase but know your seed phrase can not access your wallet. But it has to be a very strong passphrase. Although , this does not mean you should show yourself seed phrase to anyone.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀