follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: The Good and Bad of Crypto Banking 🤔  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Jennieee

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 1
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 28, 2023, 05:20:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    Signature Topic Starter First Post
The Good and Bad of Crypto Banking 🤔
« on: August 01, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
You see, 2/3 of the 30 largest global banks support crypto trading through exchanges. But is this really good news for us? Well, let’s see.

Pros:
More access and exposure to crypto assets.
More security and trust.
More innovation and competition.

Cons:
More fees and restrictions.
More surveillance and control.
More dependency and risk.
So, there are both advantages and disadvantages to using these banks to trade crypto assets. It depends on what you value more: convenience or freedom? Security or privacy? Innovation or stability?

Personally, I like to have options and diversity in the crypto space. I use these banks for some of my crypto needs, but I also keep some of my crypto assets in my own wallet or on a decentralized platform. That way, I can enjoy the best of both worlds.

What about you? Share your thoughts with me in the comments below. And don’t forget to hit that like button, share this video with your friends, and subscribe to my channel. #crypto #banking #prosandcons #Binance #Coinbase #decentralized

3500$ + 1000 Free Spin Bonus Offer! newbie deactivated link:http://https://hunnyplay.io/spin-to-win?utm_source=altcoinstalks-forum-3500u-1000-free-spin&utm_medium=signature-1000u&utm_campaign=bonus-center-forum [nonactive]

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

The Good and Bad of Crypto Banking 🤔
« on: August 01, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline desmonddesk

• Shillers
  • Activity: 98
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 04:40:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: The Good and Bad of Crypto Banking 🤔
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 07:54:55 AM »
Well, you're right. There are advantages for banks supporting Crypto trading through Exchanges. But they own some percentage of the trading fee I guess, while so goes to the exchange. That could be the reason for more fees on transactions. Looking at that, the trader or Crypto users is the one being exploited.

I stopped trading Crypto through banks. I now use Bitget P2P option where I can find my Bitget Account through the P2P option, do all my trading and stuff, then when I want to cash out, I will use the P2P option again to seek off my Crypto for fiat all at no fee at all. Bitget is a globally recognized Cryptocurrency trading Exchange, and the P2P (PEER2PEER) Merchants on their Platform are verified, so I can trust them.
Signup to trade on Bitget https://partner.bitget.com/bg/1RA7A4 And grab some rewards

Offline Dianacruze

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 7
  • Last Active: February 06, 2024, 12:43:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 2
    Signature First Post
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 02:10:05 PM »
Crypto banking, also known as decentralized finance (DeFi) or digital banking within the cryptocurrency space, offers several benefits and drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of crypto banking:

The Good (Pros):

Financial Inclusion: Crypto banking has the potential to provide financial services to unbanked or underbanked populations who lack access to traditional banking systems.

Decentralization: It operates on decentralized networks, reducing the need for intermediaries like banks, which can lead to lower fees and more control over your finances.

Accessibility: Crypto banking is accessible 24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection, allowing for borderless transactions and global financial access.

Ownership and Control: Users have full control over their funds and private keys, reducing the risk of government seizure or bank freezes.

Transparency: Blockchain technology ensures transparent and tamper-resistant transaction records, enhancing trust and security.

Yield Farming: DeFi platforms offer opportunities for users to earn interest or yield on their cryptocurrencies through lending, liquidity provision, and staking.

Innovation: DeFi platforms enable the creation of new financial products, such as tokenized assets, decentralized exchanges, and prediction markets.

Non-Custodial: In many crypto banking services, you retain custody of your assets, reducing the risk of hacking or loss due to a service provider's failure.

The Bad (Cons):

Volatility: Cryptocurrencies are known for their price volatility, which can result in significant gains but also lead to substantial losses in a short period.

Security Risks: While blockchain technology is secure, DeFi platforms are not immune to hacks, smart contract vulnerabilities, and security breaches. Users must exercise caution and take security measures.

Regulatory Uncertainty: The regulatory environment for cryptocurrencies and DeFi is still evolving, leading to uncertainty and potential legal challenges.

Scams and Frauds: DeFi has been associated with various scams and fraudulent projects, which can result in the loss of investments.

Complexity: DeFi platforms and services can be complex and challenging for newcomers to understand and navigate, increasing the risk of mistakes.

Smart Contract Risks: Smart contracts can contain coding errors or vulnerabilities that, when exploited, may result in the loss of assets.

Lack of Consumer Protections: Unlike traditional banking, crypto banking may lack consumer protection mechanisms such as FDIC insurance, leaving users vulnerable to losses.

User Errors: Users who make mistakes in transactions, such as sending funds to the wrong address, cannot easily reverse or recover their assets.

Regulatory Compliance: Some DeFi services may struggle with regulatory compliance, limiting their adoption and access to traditional financial services.

Market Fragmentation: The crypto banking space is fragmented, with various platforms, tokens, and standards, making it challenging for users to choose the right services.

In summary, crypto banking offers numerous advantages, including financial inclusion, accessibility, and control, but it also comes with risks, including volatility, security concerns, and regulatory uncertainty. Users should exercise caution, conduct thorough research, and consider their risk tolerance before participating in crypto banking. It's crucial to understand the specific platform or service you are using, its security measures, and its compliance with local regulations.
You want to visit a safe cryptocurrency trading platform that makes it easy to trade cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Then it can be possible through Blockchain Tradein. https://blockchaintradein.com/ [nofollow]

Offline R100K-Martin-Lunger

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 63
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 09:00:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Linux User Mobile User 50 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 09:37:12 PM »
Great points raised about crypto banking! I agree that it's a double-edged sword. On one hand, these banks offer easy access to crypto assets, better security, and dedicated support, which is a huge plus. They also push for innovation and competition in the crypto space, which is always good for users.
On the other hand, there are potential regulatory hurdles, limited DeFi access, and counterparty risk to consider. Plus, crypto banks often charge fees and raise privacy concerns. So, it really depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you prioritize convenience and security, crypto banks might be a good fit. But if you're all about privacy and self-control, self-custody or decentralized platforms might be more your style.
As for me, I like to have options. I use crypto banks for some of my crypto needs, but I also keep some of my assets in my own wallet or on a decentralized platform. That way, I can enjoy the best of both worlds.
If you would like to discuss this further, you can contact me via my Discord: https://discord.gg/WyUZV2uP

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1707
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 04:59:37 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 06:51:20 AM »
Honestly, I have not yet tried to use a bank related to cryptocurrency. Here in our country, few traditional banks are open to cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin. But my banks can be selected here when doing p2p from the exchange.

Maybe that's the only good thing because, from P2P, you can go directly to the bank. a few days before it comes in, if I'm not mistaken in my idea. The only thing I don't like is when you enter money from the exchange in a big way, the bank will suddenly hold your account with them, and they will ask for a lot of requirements to find out where the money came from.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline surendertakyaan70

• Activity: 734
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 11:40:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 03:44:01 PM »
It is said that cryptocurrency is a rate wall.  Its main reasons can be of other types.Cryptocurrency offers both a revolutionary concept and benefits.This allows adults to access the economy without having to access banking systems.This decentralized nature attracts transactions across the line, providing reliable security transfers across international lines.The cornerstone of crypto banking, it works on blockchain technology,Due to which cryptocurrency reduces the risk of fraud.They also emphasize innovation and competition in the crypto sector, which is always good for users.Yet cryptocurrency volatility remains a significant challenge. The value of digital assets can fluctuate dramatically, exposing users to financial risks. There remain concerns such as incidents of hacking and scams. This is raising doubts over the security of digital wallets and exchange If users deal with all these problems carefully then they can gain proper

FXBOX
█████████████████████

▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
███                                    ███
███                          ▄██▄      ███
███                         ▄█████▄    ███
███   ▄▄                   ▄████████▄  ███
███  ▄███▄                █████▀██████▄███
███ ███████▄             █████▀  ▀████████
█████████████▄         ▄█████      ▀██████
███████▀▀██████▄      ▄█████         ▀████
██████    ▀██████▄   ██████            ▀██
█████       ▀██████▄██████             ▄
███▀          ▀██████████              ██▄
██▀             ▀▀█████▀               ███
█▀                 ▀██▀                ███
▀ ▄                  ▀                 ███
▄██                                    ███
▀████████████████████████████████████████▀

INVESTING, TRADING,
LOTTERY, MARKET
PREDICTIONS.

▄▄███
        ▄▄▄██▀████
  ▄▄▄█████▀ ▄█████
▀█████▀▀ ▄███████
       ▄█████████
       ██▀██████
       ▀    ▀▀█▀

██▀▀█▄       ▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█▄█▀
     ▀█  █▄
    ▄█▀█▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀       ▀█▄▄██

GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
CURRENCY TRADING  ◼  DEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  GAMEFI
                │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

FOREXTRADING FROM $1
████████████████████████████████████████

███

███

██████████████████████████████

READ MORE

██████████████████████████████

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

Offline SmartGold01

• Activity: 1083
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 2
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 07:04:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 02:54:33 PM »
Honestly, I have not yet tried to use a bank related to cryptocurrency. Here in our country, few traditional banks are open to cryptocurrency, or Bitcoin. But my banks can be selected here when doing p2p from the exchange.

Maybe that's the only good thing because, from P2P, you can go directly to the bank. a few days before it comes in, if I'm not mistaken in my idea. The only thing I don't like is when you enter money from the exchange in a big way, the bank will suddenly hold your account with them, and they will ask for a lot of requirements to find out where the money came from.

I can't really factor out such bank and we don't have that in my country except for making payment directly to our local account with Binance or any other exchange that supports p2p trading, and yes, we can only deposit money through local account using our debit card but a restriction was placed in our country to limit us from transacting a crypto related currency to our bank. Then after the ban a p2p system was introduced to enable trade without the government taking control over our transactions or even to monitor our trades.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 02:54:33 PM »

Offline Geey

• Activity: 933
  • Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 08:04:57 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 05:09:51 PM »
to store finances more securely by using a private wallet and a wallet that has a guaranteed level of security or a strong level of security, usually exchange places where you store money in exchange wallets have their own security and it's a good idea to add a strong security application, so that other people can't open it. your account secretly.
SWG.IO.
Smart World
Global Token
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▄█████▀▒▒▀█████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▀█▀▒▒▒
▄███▄▒▒▒▒▒▄████▄▒▒▒▒▒▄███▄
▀██▀▒▒▒▒▒▀████▀▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▀▀▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▄▒▒▄█████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
BINANCE
#SWGT
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
.BUY NOW.
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███  ICOHOLDER  ███
✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE
✅ 4.45 RATING

Offline MrSpasybo

• Jedi
  • Activity: 15831
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 106
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:04:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    100 Poll Votes 15000 Posts Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 06:09:06 PM »
In 2017, crypto bank = project in the crypto market with purpose of building a dapp that operates like a bank, supporting wallet + staking + crypto lending services.

2023: crypto banks = traditional banks serving crypto services. The world changes so quickly ^^

When traditional banks serve crypto, users will easily participate in the crypto market through buying and selling crypto/fiat, and banks will receive transaction fees and provide users' tax data.

I don't think we should worry about the participation of traditional banks in this market, at least when we can still store crypto ourselves in personal accounts on the blockchain.
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 09:41:35 PM »
In 2017, crypto bank = project in the crypto market with purpose of building a dapp that operates like a bank, supporting wallet + staking + crypto lending services.

2023: crypto banks = traditional banks serving crypto services. The world changes so quickly ^^

When traditional banks serve crypto, users will easily participate in the crypto market through buying and selling crypto/fiat, and banks will receive transaction fees and provide users' tax data.

I don't think we should worry about the participation of traditional banks in this market, at least when we can still store crypto ourselves in personal accounts on the blockchain.

During 2017, almost all the banks here in our country were not really open to cryptocurrency except Unionbank, and there is no online banking related to cryptocurrency yet. But as 2023 entered, I noticed that the other banks in our country suddenly changed the wind, and the other banks suddenly became related to cryptocurrency and bitcoin.

Maybe because of the current bull in 2017 and now they noticed and found out that the Bitcoin halving is coming again and then there will be a bull run, they thought of doing this thing because many people are waiting and believe in the situation like the bull seasons. Just be cautious and careful with the bank you choose so as not to have a problem with the crypto assets that will be entered or placed for them.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1723
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 06:47:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 06:13:52 AM »
If you're doing P2P, wouldn't the buyer/seller trade directly through their preferred payment system though? You don't necessarily have to deposit on a third-party wallet unless both of you want to use a multi-sig or something similar. As far as I can remember, a cashback system like Paypal is also not recommended for P2P trading, so you'll likely end up using cash directly or other alts. If there is no explicit mention of crypto, would your bank still block that transaction? I'm not surprised if your bank suddenly asks you this and that if you made large transactions. That's their standard procedure whether you use crypto or not.

Maybe because of the current bull in 2017 and now they noticed and found out that the Bitcoin halving is coming again and then there will be a bull run, they thought of doing this thing because many people are waiting and believe in the situation like the bull seasons. Just be cautious and careful with the bank you choose so as not to have a problem with the crypto assets that will be entered or placed for them.
It is a bit different in my country. Banks never tried to block crypto, probably because trading crypto is legal here. Nobody is blocking people's accounts because they trade crypto on local or overseas exchanges, but they don't offer any crypto services (staking, storage, etc). I don't think things will change anytime soon, considering that crypto is still being viewed as an unreliable asset for companies to manage.

Offline Fivestar4everMVP

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2048
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 09:28:29 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Poll Starter Karma Bad
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 07:06:12 AM »
Well, the truth of this matter, which I personally believe to be a fact, is that, crypto trading and banks will co-exist, as long as fiat remain dominant in our monetary system.

Think of it this way, for us to spend our crypto, we first need to convert it to fiat, and how do we do this?, is by engaging wit other crypto traders who want to buy crypto with fiat, and how is this or will this transaction be carried out? Is through the banks, the buyer of your crypto sends fiat into your bank account, and you the seller release your crypto to the buyer's wallet, and a trade is done.

So, going by this, I would like I said before, say it again that, crypto users will always need banks, except we get to a stage where the basic things of life are now being priced in crypto, or come with a crypto price tag, which simply means that, we can now spend our crypto directly to buy goods and services, when we get to this stage, bank will become obsolete or may start to run out of business.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Your Privacy Matters
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 07:15:03 AM »

You know, here in our country, our banking institutions have a style: when they suddenly see that a large amount of money has entered your bank account from a cryptocurrency exchange, they will suddenly freeze or hold your account.

This is the thing that I don't like about traditional banks in our country: they will suspect you; maybe they think you are from a bad source; or you may have laundered the money you put into their bank using your personal account. As a result, it is also difficult to deposit large sums of money from p2p crypto exchanges into banks. So the local e-wallets are better than the bank.

Offline Callisto

• Activity: 890
  • Last Active: April 03, 2024, 04:39:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2024, 10:49:59 AM »
The involvement of large banks in cryptocurrency trading has advantages, such as increased access and security, but comes with possible disadvantages, including additional fees and restrictions, increased surveillance and dependence on banks. It is important to choose a balance between convenience and freedom, taking into account your own goals and preferences. A diverse approach, using banks for specific needs and decentralized solutions, can provide better results.

Offline gulu_khan

• Activity: 521
  • Last Active: March 08, 2024, 08:11:40 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    500 Posts Quick Poster Second year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2024, 01:23:17 PM »
Discussing the impact of major banks supporting crypto trading:

Pros:

More access and exposure to crypto assets.
Increased security and trust.
Encourages innovation and competition.
Cons:

Potential for more fees and restrictions.
Enhanced surveillance and control.
Increased dependency and risk.
It's a balance between convenience and freedom, security and privacy, innovation and stability. Diversifying by using banks for some needs while also maintaining assets in personal wallets or decentralized platforms offers the best of both worlds.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG