follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: [GUIDE] What are Crypto Airdrops?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Paldo.io

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 8
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 08:00:28 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Topic Starter First Post
Re: [GUIDE] What are Crypto Airdrops?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2024, 11:58:39 AM »
The fewer participants, the more allocations available, but of course some airdrops do not clearly mention how much token allocation is given for airdrops.

It's about choice and confidence, but also do some research first to find out if the airdrop is really worth the reward or if it's just going to be a scam or just won't pay its participants well.

Because there are many airdrops that are very hated by the community and end up not having any development.
The standard is around 5%-15% most of the time. Most of the time the teams announce airdrop allocations when they're close to TGE.

IMO, airdrop nowadays is a total waste of time, there might be 1 out of 10 but I don't think how hard to get when there's a lot of task to do.
It's literally the best risk:reward trade for a year now if you're actually closely watching this space. Those who farmed the Jito airdrop received $15k+ with only a required staked SOL worth $200 for months. And that's just one of them.

If the rewards you get are too small to enable you to withdraw them, I understand if this disappoints you. However, this is quite unusual; most of them are worth between $10 and $20. So even if I only received a $10 rewards, I would be grateful. Most of the rewards I receive from airdrops are worth $10 to $20, so it's nothing unusual if I continue to receive the same. If we can't appreciate it, we stop performing airdrops because we're not satisfied with what we've received.
Mostly airdrop rewards are proportional to the liquidity you provided or the effort you made. So if you only do the minimums, of course you get double digits of airdrops. I've mostly had 4-5 digits in USD.

Yeah, I see that now, BTW its a good thing you know well about airdrops and only bring the ones that have the most potential. I know its secret but what's your method to outsource these airdrops, I have joined multiple telegram groups and I pick the airdrops from there, do you use the same method or use icoanalytics to see the latest investments or seed funding on new or old projects. If you don't mind to share your own experience in this airdrop hunting time.
It's not really a secret — I'm simply very active in this industry. I simply like talking to project teams and such and research on who the main competitors are at specific crypto categories.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2024, 11:58:39 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline bayu7adi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1222
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 11:02:34 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2024, 12:45:56 PM »
IMO, airdrop nowadays is a total waste of time, there might be 1 out of 10 but I don't think how hard to get when there's a lot of task to do.
It's literally the best risk:reward trade for a year now if you're actually closely watching this space. Those who farmed the Jito airdrop received $15k+ with only a required staked SOL worth $200 for months. And that's just one of them.
Everything you mentioned is only the sweet side, even though that is not easy to achieve for most people. I myself saw this opportunity when the moment had already been missed, and many people were not even aware of this opportunity because they might have difficulty finding information.

From what I've seen, most airdrops are worthless, so it's only luck and the ability to get access to good information that has a chance of making a profit like you said.

Offline Paldo.io

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2024, 01:02:15 PM »
Everything you mentioned is only the sweet side, even though that is not easy to achieve for most people. I myself saw this opportunity when the moment had already been missed, and many people were not even aware of this opportunity because they might have difficulty finding information.
Of course. Hence why I literally have a list of airdrops lmao. The information has been widely available if you're actually looking for it; it's just the fact that most people aren't willing to take advantage of it as per usual.

From what I've seen, most airdrops are worthless, so it's only luck and the ability to get access to good information that has a chance of making a profit like you said.
Mate. Literally the point of Paldo.io is so people have a list of airdrops are not likely to be worthless. At this point you're just farming postcount.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 01:07:53 PM by Paldo.io »

Offline libert19

• Activity: 722
  • Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 05:06:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Karma Avatar Signature
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2024, 05:56:58 PM »
Just my two cents from my experience with airdrop farming — I skip free points farming stuff (current examples; Rabby, Rainbow wallet points farming programs and everything on platforms like zealy, questn, galxe) as in the end reward usually tend to be worth peanuts, that too if any.

Effort involved vs reward ratio is simply not alluring enough to bother.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1709
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 07:25:25 AM
    • View Profile

Topic Starter 10 Poll Votes Linux User
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2024, 04:19:18 AM »
Just my two cents from my experience with airdrop farming — I skip free points farming stuff (current examples; Rabby, Rainbow wallet points farming programs and everything on platforms like zealy, questn, galxe) as in the end reward usually tend to be worth peanuts, that too if any.

If that's the case, what types of airdrops are you joining then?
Testnet airdrops? Staking to be eligible to an airdrop? Buying an NFT?

I'm just curious because I'm joining some airdrops that require points to be eligible in airdrops. I agree with what you said that the airdrop that you will get will be very low, but that's only when you invest a small amount of money into it. At the end of the day, whales will be the ones who will get the most points hence, the most tokens of a project. It's all about whales, whales and whales. :D

Anyway, I also tried zealy, and galxe and at first, it was good and easy but over time, I find it unattractive for some reasons that's why I stopped doing it already.

Offline libert19

• View Profile

Karma Avatar Signature
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2024, 09:34:53 AM »

If that's the case, what types of airdrops are you joining then?

Testnet airdrops? Staking to be eligible to an airdrop? Buying an NFT?

I don't buy NFTs from marketplaces but mint them if mint is free or for a very low fee, if project becomes successful these early minted NFTs tend to be valued good as the case with Mode network nfts.

I like airdrops which has little effort involved and there is less risk to money used to farm.

So parking money is one I do. You park money, and let it do the work; examples being — Eigenlayer, Mode, Parcl, Swell. Yes, aforementioned three had point system, but it's different from farming points for doing tasks, anything 'free' is likely to be over saturated and in the end reward won't be worth good.

You don't have to be whale, even few hundred dollars can make you earn good, and nothing happens to your money that you parked (as long as you stay away from shady projects), when the farming is done, you withdraw.

You could also stake coins that has potential to make you eligible for other airdrops, like $ATOM, $OSMO, $PYTH, $TIA, $DYM.

It's wise to stake part of airdrop you receive, as this could make you eligible for other airdrops.

Example; Stakers of $ATOM got $TIA, then $TIA stakers got $DYM, and $DYM stakers got $NIM.

Regarding testnets, I do them if I find project attractive enough as in case of Initia lately.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1709
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 07:25:25 AM
    • View Profile

Topic Starter 10 Poll Votes Linux User
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2024, 04:07:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing. :)

I don't buy NFTs from marketplaces but mint them if mint is free or for a very low fee, if project becomes successful these early minted NFTs tend to be valued good as the case with Mode network nfts.
I also joined Mode airdrop but didn't put too much attention on its first airdrop that's why I only got a hundred which costs around a few bucks currently. As for NFTs, I did mint some on Blast network partners, and joined the jackpot feature. I wonder when Blast will launch their token. :D

So parking money is one I do. You park money, and let it do the work; examples being — Eigenlayer, Mode, Parcl, Swell. Yes, aforementioned three had point system, but it's different from farming points for doing tasks, anything 'free' is likely to be over saturated and in the end reward won't be worth good.

You don't have to be whale, even few hundred dollars can make you earn good, and nothing happens to your money that you parked (as long as you stay away from shady projects), when the farming is done, you withdraw.
I agree with what you said with regards to "free airdrops". Since it's free, many will join hence, lowering the rewards that we can get until it will come to a point where it will not be worth it anymore. Well with regards to not being a whale, I'm not a whale (and will never be in my whole lifetime), but I believe I can still make a few dollars joining into different airdrops still.

Parking/depositing them on their website to earn points that are convertible to tokens in the future is for me the best way right now to earn free tokens.

You could also stake coins that has potential to make you eligible for other airdrops, like $ATOM, $OSMO, $PYTH, $TIA, $DYM.

It's wise to stake part of airdrop you receive, as this could make you eligible for other airdrops.

Example; Stakers of $ATOM got $TIA, then $TIA stakers got $DYM, and $DYM stakers got $NIM.

Regarding testnets, I do them if I find project attractive enough as in case of Initia lately.
Well, you're an ATOM holder like me. :D
I mean I agree with what you said on this one, and this is also the reason why I'm holding tokens under ATOM. The staking reward is attractive but aside from that, you can also be eligible in some airdrops like NIM on DYM blockchain, and many more in the future.

As for testnets, I only tried Berachain, but I stopped it already because there are no clear requirements yet on how testnet users can be eligible in the airdrop.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2024, 04:07:09 AM »

Offline libert19

• View Profile

Karma Avatar Signature
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2024, 09:08:53 AM »

I wonder when Blast will launch their token. :D

Blast airdrop is scheduled on June 26.

As for testnets, I only tried Berachain, but I stopped it already because there are no clear requirements yet on how testnet users can be eligible in the airdrop.

I also bothered with berachain for a few days — claim faucet and did random stuff on their website, but got fed up with same old repetitive stuff.

Though, this bothering did make me eligible for $PLUG airdrop, but it's worth like $3 right now, so in the end it turned out nothing.

I want to ask if there quote notifier like on bitcointalk here?

Offline armanda90

• Activity: 1179
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:42:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2024, 03:14:19 PM »
Well, you're an ATOM holder like me. :D
I mean I agree with what you said on this one, and this is also the reason why I'm holding tokens under ATOM. The staking reward is attractive but aside from that, you can also be eligible in some airdrops like NIM on DYM blockchain, and many more in the future.

Are there still hype with ATOM staker for receiving an airdrop? currently most airdrop allocated for galxe task, NFT holder and less for ATOM or DYM coins staking. Its little confusing with airdrop criteria because most of airdrop not require with staking coins but some time we must stake coins to receive airdrop reward.
Testnet currently get random to earn reward, last airdrop doing testnet and run node on VPS but not eligible for receiving airdrop coins of Taiko but for galxe hunter task most of them get eligible.

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 813
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 05:44:06 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2024, 05:58:32 PM »
Its little confusing with airdrop criteria because most of airdrop not require with staking coins but some time we must stake coins to receive airdrop reward.
Testnet currently get random to earn reward, last airdrop doing testnet and run node on VPS but not eligible for receiving airdrop coins of Taiko but for galxe hunter task most of them get eligible.
Most airdrops don't have an specific criteria to be eligible for rewards. There are airdrops who give rewards to random users and I see this complain from many most of the time since then. And those criteria only determine the day they giving rewards to users, so it's really hard and nothing sure what interaction you should be doing. But I have noticed that if you stake a coin in their project you are probably getting rewards. Thus, rewards are big especially if you put big amount in it.

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 924
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 27, 2024, 02:45:31 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2024, 07:18:04 PM »
It's not really a secret — I'm simply very active in this industry. I simply like talking to project teams and such and research on who the main competitors are at specific crypto categories.
Hmm, that's a good approach, so you do all the research manually, like you don't pick airdrops from free or paid groups, and them share it on your site, though many airdrop groups even influencers are doing it, they pick all the airdrops from another language airdrop group so there audience won't get to know it and they share it in there own community in there own language.

That's why I said its a secret so if you don't want to share then its ok, but you do all the work manually like even talking with the team as well, mostly probably like a community manager, because these managers also bring some special spots for there referrals. BTW just a question as you are into this industry for long time, did these airdrop community managers take money from the projects to share there airdrop in there groups or spread good word about it, or to shill it or not?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Paldo.io

• Baby Steps
    • View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Today at 05:04:43 AM »

I hold the same opinion — whereas while I still do the free ones(especially the ones with protocols I'm actually bullish on), I heavily prioritize staking and LP airdrops simply because they give the best yield.

But yea, unfortunately not everyone has money for staking and stuff so I also spend time on the free ones.

Hmm, that's a good approach, so you do all the research manually, like you don't pick airdrops from free or paid groups, and them share it on your site, though many airdrop groups even influencers are doing it, they pick all the airdrops from another language airdrop group so there audience won't get to know it and they share it in there own community in there own language.

That's why I said its a secret so if you don't want to share then its ok, but you do all the work manually like even talking with the team as well, mostly probably like a community manager, because these managers also bring some special spots for there referrals.
No, I'm not a "community manager" on any of these projects and I don't gain an extra boost or whatever.

BTW just a question as you are into this industry for long time, did these airdrop community managers take money from the projects to share there airdrop in there groups or spread good word about it, or to shill it or not?
These "airdrop community managers" are really just influencers, and I'm definitely not a fan of them; and of course they're definitely paid.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG