follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: An open letter to r/Bitcoin  (Read 244 times)

Offline NotATether

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1283
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 09:24:26 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Signature Avatar Karma Good
An open letter to r/Bitcoin
« on: April 04, 2024, 02:53:52 PM »
Note: I did not write this letter. It is from the bitcoin publication The Bugle (https://bugle.news) and I am sharing it here for discussion purposes.

For those who are out of the loop, r/Bitcoin refers to the Bitcoin community on reddit: https://reddit.com/r/bitcoin . It is the second oldest bitcoin community on the internet after Bitcointalk.

TL;DR I first saw this link on Stacker News where it seems that the editor is very, very upset at r/Bitcoin moderators deleting their posts. Anyhow, here is the letter:

Quote from: https://www.bugle.news/open-letter-to-r-bitcoin/
Dear Reddit,

Let me begin by introducing myself; my name is Rod Palmer. I'm a journalist covering Bitcoin, politics, and current events for an independent media outlet called The Bugle (formerly Bitcoin Bugle). The Bugle is widely recognized by our readers to be the Bitcoin Standard of journalism. We think for our readers and we break news that's so fake, you'll think its real. In addition to breaking some of the most important stories in the industry, we recently launched a podcast called Bugle Weekly which debuted #1 on Fountain in March of 2024.

The Bugle is a mission driven news organization. Driven by our visionary founder, decorated journalist Richard Greaser, The Bugle is exposing the seedy underbelly of the Bitcoin industry and cleansing it of its iniquity. The Bugle penned a term which encapsulates the corruption and moral rot permeating the Bitcoin ecosystem: The Podcast and Conference Industrial Complex. PODCONF for short. PODCONF emerged from the shadows during the Covid lockdowns of 2020 and 2021 on platforms such as Clubhouse and X (formerly Twitter) before spreading and replicating, like the virus itself. It compromised respected Bitcoin podcasters such as Pomp, Peter McCormack, and Robert Breedlove. Within a few years, the mind virus mutated and began manifesting itself as Bitcoin conferences. As I am writing this letter, there are more Bitcoin conferences and Bitcoin podcasts than Bitcoin. Like Hydra, cutting the perceived head off PODCONF only results in two new conferences or podcasts to take its place. The industry has become deadlocked by the vicious cycle of Bitcoin companies sponsoring podcasts, podcasts sponsoring conferences, and conferences sponsoring podcasts.

This has resulted in a DDoS on the social layer of Bitcoin. New adopters and OG's alike are now inundated with an avalanche of noise whenever they search for signal. Cypherpunk pioneers continue to blaze trails and create new social networks where the signal to noise ratio is balanced in the favor of truth like Nostr and Stacker News but the average person is far less likely to stumble upon these digital citadels where knowledge and wisdom seek refuge. In order to connect with the normies, we need mainstream platforms where they can come to learn. Luckily, that platform already exists.

r/Bitcoin has successfully navigated the turbulence of the 2020s and managed to resist the spread of PODCONF. Some might think its a coincidence, others may attribute it to the fact that r/Bitcoin is oldest and strongest mainstream social network in the community and the first to emerge outside the BitcoinTalk forums. While there is certainly some truth to those assertions, I believe the primary reason is unwavering dedication to compliance by the r/Bitcoin moderators. The mods' strict rules, policies, spam filtering, and gatekeeping, enforced by code and guided by wisdom, have allowed the subreddit to amass over six million members and still keep PODCONF out. This achievement must be applauded.

To say that the staff at The Bugle admire r/Bitcoin's level of compliance would be an understatement. The Bugle believes discipline is freedom and compliance is sovereignty. The Bugle has tirelessly preached the importance of compliance and self censorship as the key to defeating the state and it's inflationary fiat monetary system. The Bugle actively invites and encourages all other Bitcoin companies, media outlets, podcasts, platforms, and conferences to compete in an attempt out comply us but, to date, only one has succeeded: r/Bitcoin. When the mods say comply, Redditors ask "how hard." The Bugle sees this as the blueprint for defeating PODCONF and ushering in HyperBitcoinization.

And that leads me to the purpose of this letter. We at the Bugle would like to publicly declare our desire to form an alliance with r/Bitcoin and its six million members to help fight PODCONF wherever it may manifest itself online. We at the Bugle want the moderators of r/Bitcoin to know that we are committed to compliance and will comply as hard as necessary to earn the ability to share our news with the r/Bitcoin community, post in the subreddit, and build relationships with the most knowledgeable and compliant members of the Bitcoin community.

We hope this letter reaches the mods and inspires them to reach out. It's no secret that r/Bitcoin has faced criticism in the past regarding its censorship policies and demands for compliance. We want to make it very clear that we do not share in that criticism. We recognize the importance of compliance and the imperative of self-censorship. You will not find a group of journalists or cypherpunks more dedicated to these core values than the staff at The Bugle. We can be stronger together.

If you happen read The Bugle, share with us what you think of it. Is it a good publication, or poor quality?
█████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

An open letter to r/Bitcoin
« on: April 04, 2024, 02:53:52 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline dkbit98

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1674
  • Premium Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 05:37:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Fourth year Anniversary Poll Starter
Re: An open letter to r/Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:57:32 PM »
TL;DR I first saw this link on Stacker News where it seems that the editor is very, very upset at r/Bitcoin moderators deleting their posts.
Is Theymos still active in r/bitcoin as one of the moderators or was that some other reddit channel?
If anyone is expecting from reddit to be free of censorship than he is in the wrong place.
I think forums we have have less censorship than reddit.
██████████████████████████
MixTum.io
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
▀▄ Premium Bitcoin Mixer ▄▀
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
MIX FREE
Up to 1mBTC
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1600
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 11:53:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
Re: An open letter to r/Bitcoin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 10:59:23 PM »

i guess they didn't take this seriously. besides they probably want to put face to the name Richard Greaser first. ;D 

the Bugle hasn't attract audience and subscribers to their channel while they spread fake news they may also not get from  r/Bitcoin as well. i tried listening to few of their discussions, i'm not sure what i'm hearing, it not fun when the voice you hear is not natural.

people like to see someone and subscribe to channels like Joe Rogan experience for they learn something. if r/Bitcoin can't see that the podcast adds value to their sub, i guess they just have to understand the rejection. i find Orange Pill better than the Bugle tbh.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG