follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Are you worried about the US Government moving BTC?  (Read 2860 times)

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1727
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 01:20:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
Re: Are you worried about the US Government moving BTC?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2024, 03:59:34 PM »
Normally, BTC peaks in the 12th or 18th month after halving, I hope this will repeat this season and we can hold BTC and altcoins until April or October 2025.

But also normally it never peaked before the halving!

Also, the halving effect was reduced considerable back in November the halving looked like
- from 6.25 coins worth each 30k so, $187k dollars per block
- to 3.15 coins per block, $91k per block
right now the halving will bring-
- 3.15 coins per block at $70k, so $225k per block, the actual worth of daily supply will still be bigger than the pre halving one.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2024, 03:59:34 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2924
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 03:09:19 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2024, 01:35:42 AM »
But also normally it never peaked before the halving!

Also, the halving effect was reduced considerable back in November the halving looked like
- from 6.25 coins worth each 30k so, $187k dollars per block
- to 3.15 coins per block, $91k per block
right now the halving will bring-
- 3.15 coins per block at $70k, so $225k per block, the actual worth of daily supply will still be bigger than the pre halving one.
The new ATH before the halving has confused many analysts, but I think the cyclical nature of BTC and the crypto market will still be maintained this season, meaning that we will have an ATH in 2025 rather than in 2024. I still have expectations for the Halving because it could be the biggest narrative we have to maintain the upward trend of BTC and the fundamentals of the market.

I am also not a technical analyst, I only use simple indicators and tools to identify trend reversals: trendline, MACD, RSI. I hope I won't miss the opportunity to take profits at the top range.

Offline Alston Liu

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 43
  • Last Active: Today at 10:31:55 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Karma Quick Poster 10 Posts
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2024, 08:35:30 AM »
I don't think so. Since the crypto mining is majorly shrift from overseas like China to US. Crypto market is booming. This is a huge cake that the US will not give up. It is true that the attribute of cryptos including defi and storage will have a huge impact on the financial system in the US. But I think they will figure it out.

Online Stompix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1727
  • Last Active: Today at 01:20:59 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2024, 07:41:04 PM »
~
The new ATH before the halving has confused many analysts, but I think the cyclical nature of BTC and the crypto market will still be maintained this season, meaning that we will have an ATH in 2025 rather than in 2024. I still have expectations for the Halving because it could be the biggest narrative we have to maintain the upward trend of BTC and the fundamentals of the market.

I am also not a technical analyst, I only use simple indicators and tools to identify trend reversals: trendline, MACD, RSI. I hope I won't miss the opportunity to take profits at the top range.

Well, I didn't make that about TA or indicators, my point was only about the thing everyone expected from the halving, the demand outpacing supply since there were fewer coins entering the market, so lower values of inflow needed to keep the balance and also lower values to raise the price.
But since the price ended up going up way before that, we have now an increased supply in $ compared to back in November even if we count the halving, so the thing about a total imbalance in supply and demand is no longer relevant.

The expectations for the halving were back then for $ needed to keep a balance going from $26 million down 13 million a day!
Now, even with the halving we will need 32 million! just to keep the price level.
And if the coins reach 120k, we will need 64 million to keep the balance, 3 times the amount needed each day at the end of the year!

It's not about indicators, those are flat sums of known daily supply entering the market!

Offline MUGNIA

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1468
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 06:44:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2024, 10:58:27 PM »
So far no one knows when the Bitcoin price will collapse again and enter a bearish season again. However, as you have said, it is currently still in an uptrend because it will be approaching the halving which will make Bitcoin rise even higher because it will be increasingly difficult to get Bitcoin, but after halving, you should remain alert because there is the potential for collapse.
History says Bitcoin makes major corrections before halving but it remains to be seen whether history will repeat itself before halving this time. The Bitcoin market is still very high which is still unpredictable to traders as a result of which there is still greed in the market and big investors are playing the market which is why we have not seen a big correction yet. Who knows, the market could suddenly repeat history and see a big correction, and traders must be prepared to avoid the unexpected.

Has it now entered a major correction or what, I see the value of BTC going down and down?
Will it increase in the next 1-2 months?

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2024, 01:34:07 AM »
I don't think so. Since the crypto mining is majorly shrift from overseas like China to US. Crypto market is booming. This is a huge cake that the US will not give up. It is true that the attribute of cryptos including defi and storage will have a huge impact on the financial system in the US. But I think they will figure it out.
I'm not talking about the possibility of the US abandoning or cracking down on crypto. Crypto users in the US are demanding a clear legal framework, and the US government is working on that demand. What I'm talking about is the US government moving a large amount of BTC, and it could be a sign of strong selling pressure, albeit through OTC, and negatively impacting the crypto market. Many people are arguing that the market downturn this week is due to the actions of the US government.

Online bitterguy28

• Activity: 1098
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 12:39:34 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2024, 05:23:18 AM »

The US government recently made headlines in the crypto world by transferring 15085 BTC ~ 922M USD. This move coincided with the time BTC reached 60K USD, raising speculation about the US government's profit-taking strategy[2].

The last time, in July 2023, the US government transferred 9800 BTC ~ 300M USD and then we saw an 18% decline in BTC price from 30K USD to 25K USD[3]. This time, the community is also worried even though the BTC price has reached 68.5K BTC and is approaching ATH 2021.

Personally, I believe that the US government has a reason to take profits because they do not need to prove diamond hands. Their purpose is just to effectively handle the assets confiscated from criminals. The current price of BTC is attractive enough for them to sell and add to the national budget.
actually , who do really care about this government selling? its their bitcoin so they can do anything towards their holdings, as if you will be caring if whales sells their bitcoin , and also how much do  US government has than those whales that we should be worry if happens.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2024, 05:23:18 AM »

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2024, 01:09:24 AM »
actually , who do really care about this government selling? its their bitcoin so they can do anything towards their holdings, as if you will be caring if whales sells their bitcoin, and also how much do  US government has than those whales that we should be worry if happens.
I think many people will be interested when the news of the US government's BTC movement is widely spread on crypto news sites. Currently, the US government has just moved about 2 billion USD worth of BTC and the US government's action is said to be the reason why the BTC price has been stagnant below 70K USD in the past few weeks.

Market liquidity is around 33 billion USD per day, but most of it can be created by arbitrage trading bots. A few billion USD worth of BTC sell-offs can affect the price and trigger panic and sell-offs by holders. That's what we're worried about.

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1577
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 05:43:56 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2024, 04:53:52 PM »
1. Do you think the US government is about to sell 15,085 BTC?
2. Will this event have a negative impact on BTC and the entire crypto market?
3. Are you worried and changed your investment strategy because of this event?
1. Yeah, they will sell it as usual.
2. Maybe slight impact but that will surely be consumed and added to bags of big time investors that is only waiting for opportunities in the market.
3. I am personally not worried about this because I am a long term holder.
1. Apart from the US government, individuals or institutions can also sell as huge as that. Or will it sound differently since it is about the US government?
2. The only holding that will bring the bitcoin market to its knees when sold is Satoshi holding.
3. Also a long term Hodler, I might not care.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline koang

• Activity: 606
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:25:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Topic Starter 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2024, 08:17:10 PM »
Not enough that Grayscale has been dumping, and now the US government too
But the US government always dumps to everyone, one way or another, nothing new here.
Or they want to make sure they don't lose half of it after the halving. So this is how the Halving works ;D

I'm not worried at all, Bitcoin has taken its first step toward mass adoption.
This creates a feedback loop that attracts more attention, the momentum phase.
Retail is only just now starting to trickle back in.

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 887
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 09:35:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2024, 08:30:08 PM »
I se no reason why we should remain ever worried when we see that some whales or US government moves any amount of bitcoin, there are things happening in which cannot be of any benefit to us than we minding our own business because we cant even query the process, there are some things we see happens with the US government, starting from the way they utilize on every seized crypto assets and many others.

Offline bayu7adi

• Activity: 1135
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 10:18:24 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2024, 08:34:42 PM »
If the US government decides to sell these assets, it means they are licking their lips by confirming that the money will be a legitimate profit for them. Confiscated money should be something that settles in the burn, not to be used unilaterally like that. Even though the regulations do not take sides in the middle, I think they must still respect the existence of many eyes monitoring every case they handle.

The US government should not be able to exchange or move these assets anywhere, except to burning wallets. Panic that occurs due to BTC transactions from large wallets often occurs, and I think the dump that occurs will not last long, it will make BTC recover again after the dump due to large-scale selling.

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
    • View Profile

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2024, 01:47:42 AM »
If the US government decides to sell these assets, it means they are licking their lips by confirming that the money will be a legitimate profit for them. Confiscated money should be something that settles in the burn, not to be used unilaterally like that. Even though the regulations do not take sides in the middle, I think they must still respect the existence of many eyes monitoring every case they handle.

The US government should not be able to exchange or move these assets anywhere, except to burning wallets. Panic that occurs due to BTC transactions from large wallets often occurs, and I think the dump that occurs will not last long, it will make BTC recover again after the dump due to large-scale selling.
The fact that the US government also sells this illicit BTC and adds it to the national budget. BTC is also considered a type of seized asset and there is no regulation requiring that it be burned or frozen permanently. I myself would like the US government to hold this BTC as a form of national reserve, as Gold, rather than selling it off to use the way they are wasting taxpayer money.

I'm not sure if there is any correlation between the drop in BTC price and the movements of BTC from the US government, but such events have an impact on the media and the psychology of crypto investors.

Offline koang

• Activity: 606
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:25:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Topic Starter 500 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2024, 02:27:19 AM »

They are from all the frauds, frames, scams, raids, and illegals
It is like the US government orchestrated the heist of the century, right before our eyes.
And Talk about democracy after that. lol

They will sell Bitcoin and buy PEPE ;D or The US govt needs some cash, and the U.S. wants to increase support for the USD. The government needs money but doesn't want to print it.
By the way, the fees paid on a billion-dollar transaction are only a few dollars.
I wonder what the government thinks about that :)

Online NikeFit_7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1249
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: Today at 01:08:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2024, 10:40:26 AM »
Data shows that the U.S. government often sells at localized lows in the market. Notably, in March 2023, about 10,000 BTC were sold while BTC was trading at about $21,500. This sale almost coincided with the lowest price in the local market, which fell to around 20,000$ during the SVB crash. Another significant sale of approximately 8,200 BTC occurred on July 12, 2023, with bitcoins trading at around 30,000$ USD.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██