follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Karma effect on Karma givers (suggestion)  (Read 4956 times)

Offline dentolas

• Activity: 1070
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 01, 2020, 08:59:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Karma effect on Karma givers (suggestion)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »

the karma should be "controlled", this 10 hour period seems a good idea, but not enough... why not generate karma to giveaway while being active on the forum? with some kind of maximum implemented?
I agreed to this before but now that I have the power to give karma I don't quite agree to it..

In as much as this will help a great deal, I don't quite buy it. Waiting 10 hours later to give another karma, will equally make me not give it out.
[/quote]

I understand what you mean... and definitely the point of view should change after you are able to give it, as in everything, only by doing things we become fully aware of the pros and cons...
i understand your point of view...maybe the 10hour "brake" can work...
concerning organized abuse... i think none of these suggestions can fully work... but to address that, the good quality users that will be created by the actual karma rules, will sufice to avoid growing the organized abuse...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline dentolas

• Activity: 1070
  • Last Active: November 01, 2020, 08:59:55 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
... FYI there is a 10 hour limit to dishing out karma at least, so short-term abuse is not possible anymore...

I didn't knew about 10 hours limit when issuing karma. i like to learn something new and i have to say that this is good adjustment to avoid short term karma abuse. If we will take points from people when they issue karma this will drastically slow down or even stop completely karma rewarding or punishing. Nobody wants lose points especially to give +1 or even -1 because points are needed for tokens and 90% of people joined this forum because of this incentive.
That is why it will take a longer time before point for karma be implemented.
As you said most people join the forum because of incentives the forum gives.

My main concern is that something should be done about knowing why karma was awarded.
I gave someone a negative karma for posting a scammy airdrop that requested for eth address and key before receiving their shite token.
Commenting on the topic with vivid explanation and screenshot evidence of the scam airdrop. This topic may have been deleted by mod because I can't find it anymore.
But then someone can give the user account a + karma canceling the - karma the user got in the first place. Thereby giving the user tendency to scam in the future.

you are absolutely right on this point...
it is imperative to have a karma history attached to the profile of each user (don't know if this is easy or not)
this attached to the simple justification for karma will create a good tool to evaluate a user dedication/honnesty

Offline SnowDawn

• Activity: 217
  • Last Active: November 08, 2018, 03:22:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 02:26:25 AM »
It is possible that you are right. Then I do not understand the point of giving away karma, if to myself at the expense.

██████████████     ████████████    █████          ███              ██████              █████           ███          ████████▀    ████████▀    ███        ███
█████████████       ▄██████████▄    ███  ██        ███             ███████             ███  ██         ███        ███                 ███                  ███       ███
█████                               ████            ███   ██       ███            ███     ███           ███   ██        ███        ███                 ███                    ███   ███
████                                 ████            ███    ██      ███           ███        ███          ███    ██      ███        ███                 ███▀▀▀▀▀▀          ██████
█████████████▄             ████            ███     ██     ███         ████████████        ███     ██     ███        ███                 ███▀▀▀▀▀▀          ██████ 
███                                   ████            ███       ██   ███        ███               ███      ███       ██   ███        ███                 ███                     ███   ███
███                                   ████            ███        ██  ███      ███                   ███    ███        ██  ███        ███                 ███                    ███      ███
███                           ▄██████████▄    ███          █████    ███                       ███  ███          █████         ████████▄   ████████▄       ███         ███
███       

.EXCHANGE MADE SIMPLE.

|
The Next Generation Exchange
WhitePaper ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Twitter
Medium ⋄❖⋄ Youtube ⋄❖⋄ Linkedin ⋄❖⋄ Reddit
|
PUBLIC ICO COUNTDOWN
.═⟹  ICO WEBSITE  ⟸═.

Offline Gubre

• Activity: 455
  • Last Active: September 01, 2021, 04:38:56 PM
    • View Profile

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
This is a nice idea but I think the return is too much for someone who just want to appreciate the work of other member. I effect, this may lead to lack of interest to give karma to other from someone that has a good will, thus, it will be ineffective.

Offline Quantum X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1291
  • Referrals: 7
  • Last Active: July 19, 2023, 06:28:16 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 12:03:12 PM »
My question is "what is the rule of this suggestion here if it will be granted by the admin?"

Offline Bram Manis

• Activity: 223
  • homt.net
  • Last Active: July 18, 2020, 01:49:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 02:47:07 AM »
karma is used as an appreciation and assessment of the attitude or behavior of a person in the forum. This is used so that ethics in being controlled and fixed for the sake of the progress of the forum itself. for that necessity of being honest and ethical.
► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn

Offline EmoneyABC

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1503
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:03:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
karma is used as an appreciation and assessment of the attitude or behavior of a person in the forum. This is used so that ethics in being controlled and fixed for the sake of the progress of the forum itself. for that necessity of being honest and ethical.

Well said Bram Manis. I'm always happy to see a member with a working brain. I look forward for more engaging discussions with you.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG