follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Don't get greedy, Just take the already earned profit and leave.  (Read 7572 times)

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2468
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 12:25:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Don't get greedy, Just take the already earned profit and leave.
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 05:07:33 PM »
I'm also confused about what is said to be greedy in crypto, because basically we have a target to make a profit, at least we target a profit of at least 10% of the purchase price even if the capital is large, if the capital is small 50% of the profit only then can you feel the profit.
Likely limitation target profit raise above 10% is not greedy in trading and realistic with the percentage profit want to earn, difference position when earning profit more than 50% but keep hold could be greedy and want to earn much profitable raise up to 300% or 500%. Many trader loss much money in trading because can't control with their greedy emotion, after getting profit around 5% to 10% but not have ideas for taking profit and keep holding with their expecting will up to 100% but have to get fact with coins dropping and loss opportunity to earn 10% profitable.
I take profit with some coins when trading around 10% and seems enough for securing my capital not becoming long term holding.

Greed will make people lose, if you already have a target of 10%, you should immediately sell and take the profits. but if you target 50-100% it depends on the coins you have, if it's a new coin or a meme coin, if you buy at the beginning it's possible you can achieve your target. but do your analysis well.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2024, 05:07:33 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline CryptoTalisman

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 26
  • Last Active: April 21, 2024, 09:19:29 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 5
    Karma 10 Posts Topic Starter
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2024, 09:37:01 AM »
I started rehearsing my trading skills and strategy again on my favorite derivatives trading exchange, which is Digifinex. Although I am not yet trading with real money, I am still on the demo account, which usually offers a demo balance of $1000. Honestly, since I started practicing again, I have blown the demo balance more than three times now. First, when I started, I increased the balance from $1000 to $1500+ just in a day. I should have just rested for that day after making such a profit, but I got greedy (that's what it is) and decided to keep trading if I could increase the balance up to $2k, but my last trade blew the account.

It happened again the second time and again the third time, and I just kept blowing those accounts after making enough profit that I should have just taken a break every day and continued the next day.

You guys might be thinking that this is just a demo, so why worry? And my reply is that there is a need to worry because you can actually use the demo account to learn how to master and control your emotions and how to listen to your inner voice when it speaks to you to stop. You will also learn how not to get greedy, but you can achieve those characters if you actually handle your demo balance as if it's already your main balance (your real money).

Conclusion: I feel that greed is one problem in trading that can actually lead to unexpected losses. My advice is that, as a trader, always take that profit you have made. If, for example, you entered a position and it's really going in your direction, if you have seen a +$100-$500 profit, it's better to take it first.

TBH buddy, only 2-5% of traders can control their greed when it comes to trading and that's the reason many people encounter loss while less people make the gains. When you enter position and the trade is swinging your way, it's difficult to exit because you will be thinking your fund can easily double or triple your gains so why exit. Often times, the thing is kind of funny...here is my experience, the first time I used my money for futures trading on Bitget, I used $30 with a 20× leverage, the trade was smooth and I was seeing a profit of $22 within 10 minutes so I took profit with the fear that things might turn soar later but that particular trade would have given me over $100 had it been I stayed put so that scenario gave me a wrong impression then so my next trade after doing some research, I decided wait a little longer and I lost all my $30 because I didn't set stop loss. To cut the story short, controlling emotions in trading is most important than the TA but unfortunately, only a few individuals have been able to master that hence the reason i have opted for BOT trading which doesnt operate out of emotion and its been quite good.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 02:06:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2024, 05:28:14 PM »

Greed will make people lose, if you already have a target of 10%, you should immediately sell and take the profits. but if you target 50-100% it depends on the coins you have, if it's a new coin or a meme coin, if you buy at the beginning it's possible you can achieve your target. but do your analysis well.
Greed will not allow us to take profits rationally, we will be faced with the dilemma of selling when prices are high, but emotions want more profit without clear analysis. the end result is that when the price drops, we will lose

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1025
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 12:24:01 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2024, 09:37:53 PM »

Greed will not allow us to take profits rationally, we will be faced with the dilemma of selling when prices are high, but emotions want more profit without clear analysis. the end result is that when the price drops, we will lose
What you say is absolutely true. Those who want to sell at higher prices do not get it and those who want to buy at lower prices they do not  do that. But in this case I think only those who can keep their greed in control can survive in  that position. Sell when the price rise and buy when the price go down. When a trader is affected by greed, they will begin to diverge.

Offline pacar_tiri

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1976
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 03:51:27 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2024, 04:03:55 AM »

What you say is absolutely true. Those who want to sell at higher prices do not get it and those who want to buy at lower prices they do not  do that. But in this case I think only those who can keep their greed in control can survive in  that position. Sell when the price rise and buy when the price go down. When a trader is affected by greed, they will begin to diverge.
This is because cryptocurrency price movements on exchanges cannot be predicted easily, all price movements can occur spontaneously. Except when there is good or bad news, it usually has an immediate impact on cryptocurrency prices. That is why when trading we must be able to control our emotions so that we are not easily influenced by any conditions that can harm us.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 774
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 08:07:52 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #185 on: April 07, 2024, 09:15:32 AM »
       -   Even though greed is part of the problem, it is always present in our concerns. So the only thing we can really do is not allow it to enter our lives or anything we do. Like trading here in crypto, if you have income, don't expect more.

It's hard for us to regret it in the end, because once we make another profit from trading, even though we know we've made a profit but we haven't exited yet, that means greed has entered for sure; that's guaranteed. I hope we can overcome such scenarios in our lives.

Online bitbit97

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3947
  • Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 09:53:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2024, 10:23:07 AM »
If it is not about greed, but why should I be happy to take little and now, when I can wait (hold) and get more? That is somehow a wrong vision of a situation. When we are at school, we dont do test do get C and that is enough, we do maximum of tasks and hope to get A+. Not everyone who hold or trade, do it for sake of greed, because it is never enough. What if there is goal, a final aim, and we just wait for that milestone to be achieved?

For example I have some of my BTC that I have purchased when their price was around 20k. I hold them not because I am greedy and 69k today is not enough for me. I just hold it because 1) I dont need that money right now 2) I set a plan to sell few at 100k.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2024, 10:23:07 AM »

Offline dekafee79

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2468
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 12:25:04 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2024, 02:22:12 PM »

This is because cryptocurrency price movements on exchanges cannot be predicted easily, all price movements can occur spontaneously. Except when there is good or bad news, it usually has an immediate impact on cryptocurrency prices. That is why when trading we must be able to control our emotions so that we are not easily influenced by any conditions that can harm us.
That is the most important thing as a trader, you must be able to control your emotions. because many traders experience big losses due to bad emotions such as greedy and fear. And it will always be there when we invest. We must be able to manage our emotions

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG