follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Identity Theft’ Criminals Plundering El Salvador Bitcoin Wallet Funds  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Tubelight

• Activity: 916
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 28, 2024, 07:10:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
The media in El Salvador has reported that some citizens are resorting to “identity theft” in a bid to obtain USD 30 worth of bitcoin (BTC) through the government’s Chivo wallet and app.

The government has attempted to incentivize downloads by offering citizens the funds as a golden hello, after launching Chivo last month. But some unscrupulous individuals have allegedly been stealing others’ identities to register the app in other people’s names, using stolen ID documents to complete the process – allowing them to accrue larger quantities of BTC.

The newspaper El Diario de Hoy’s website reported that “massive” amounts of those who have downloaded the app for the first time in recent days were stunned to discover that their identity documents have already been used to register Chivo accounts.

The media outlet, which is vehemently opposed to the rule of the El Salvador President Nayib Bukele and his Nuevas Ideas Party, claimed that the government’s response to the concerns was “silence.”

The newspaper conceded that “thus far” the exact number of people whose identity has been stolen “through Chivo is not known.” Nor is it known, the media outlet wrote pointedly, “how much the thefts” have cost the government, which has “paid for them using [fiat] USD public funds.”

Another staunch critic of the government and its BTC adoption policies, the El Salvador-based economist Tatiana Marroquín took to Twitter to state that “due to the large number of [identity theft] complaints” leveled at Chivo, she decided to look into whether her own personal data had been registered “without my authorization.”

“I have not downloaded the application on my cell phone, nor have I registered my [ID documents] in any way; but [my account] already source
                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄██▄ █████████
████████ ████████ ███████▄██ █████▄ ███████
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                 
A collection of 3333 unique Dogetankers
and New Play to earn (P2E) NFT game
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

For Monthly biddings Check Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG