follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Trading is not same thing as Gambling  (Read 6350 times)

Offline debra

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1676
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 11:15:04 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Trading is not same thing as Gambling
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2024, 11:50:12 PM »
Simply put, trading uses technical and fundamental analysis, strategy, and risk and emotional management on pairs in a dynamically moving market. Meanwhile, gambling is when someone puts their money into one thing with the hope that they will be able to get money from that thing. So trading and gambling are two different things, even though the aim of both things is to make money.
When we trade, we need complex knowledge. That's why we must have the ability in analyzing of the fundamentals, charts, and we must have the ability to control our mentality. But in gambling, we don't really rely on the knowledge about analyzing the fundamentals or charts. We just need to control emotion and know how to limit the budget. However, both trading and gambling have the same risks, it is about the chance for losing money.  ;D

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2024, 11:50:12 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 03:57:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2024, 04:12:53 AM »
-snip-
In the statement that I have written, it can also be seen that trading and gambling are two very different words.
I prefer trading even though the value is not big, but I don't like gambling at all and I stay away from everything about gambling.

Simply put, trading uses technical and fundamental analysis, strategy, and risk and emotional management on pairs in a dynamically moving market. Meanwhile, gambling is when someone puts their money into one thing with the hope that they will be able to get money from that thing. So trading and gambling are two different things, even though the aim of both things is to make money.

What you say is interesting because in particular I am a person who has always seen trading as a deep study of stocks and that can give very good results if proposed, I am also one to do the fundamental analysis first because that is where I encompass my knowledge that I have about the world, the things that are Happening and that helps me try to Predict the things that can happen, but in another order of ideas things can be different because they basically happen if I choose that it could be done alone Technical analysis with the Wykoff method and fundamental analysis, helping me with what the great Jesse Livermore thought, who was one of the great explorers of the years 1800-1900.

But everything that is and how you can analyze the market is great for me, because they are a way to see the market in a different way and that is the enrichment of this, the more we know about the market I think it translates into more entry of money.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Jamal Aezaz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1550
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 07:17:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Quick Poster Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2024, 06:42:27 PM »
When we trade, we need complex knowledge. That's why we must have the ability in analyzing of the fundamentals, charts, and we must have the ability to control our mentality. But in gambling, we don't really rely on the knowledge about analyzing the fundamentals or charts. We just need to control emotion and know how to limit the budget. However, both trading and gambling have the same risks, it is about the chance for losing money.  ;D

The main thing here is knowledge if you have knowledge and are able to read price chart and work according to it and also you know that which time is better to do a trade then you can get success but if you don't know anything and have a zero knowledge then it means that you does not posses the ability to differentiate between gambling and trading.

The better thing to reduces your losses in both gambling and trading is that don't be too conscious about your loss and forget what has been done in the past. Fix few days for it and don't use too much money in trading and gambling as they can destroy you because in trading you cannot be successful without knowledge and gambling will not allow you to be successful always as it is a game of luck.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Learn Bitcoin

• Activity: 887
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 01:32:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2024, 04:23:14 PM »
I agree that trading is significantly different as compared to gambling. While both involve risk, yes, trading uses analytical tools and market indicators to make informed decisions, which provides a structured approach to forecasting market movements. Gambling does not have this degree of predictability and strategic planning, so on that basis alone its completely different. Trading depends heavily on a trader a skills and strategy rather than just luck. So I completely agree with you on that front.
I guess it's worth mentioning what type of trading we are talking about. Because there are a lot of trading these days. All the facts you stated are true when it comes to crypto currency trading (spot) and forex trading. But, when it comes to binary trading, it is worse than gambling. I have lost over a hundred dollars a week ago because I am stupid enough that I become interested again to try these scammy binary trading.

If you would like to discuss this further, you can contact me via my Discord:
This is public forum and we love to discuss these thing with each other so everyone can learn new things. I do not understand the point of asking a member to contact in private to discuss trading related things. This does not look good. You know what I mean.

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 11:17:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2024, 11:37:51 PM »
Actually, it's not the same. But as most members here say, it can be the same because of the various actions of the traders. Because trading is equally high risk, it requires very mature and mental preparedness. So we also have to start understanding what we have to do in trading so that it doesn't refer to gambling, including how we can anticipate markets that change at any time.

And of course this may be different from gambling. It might be much better if you carry out trading but really with a concept and well managed and also with sufficient competence. This will show that we are different from gamblers, more than just relying on luck.

Offline Mr. Magkaisa

• Activity: 810
  • Last Active: Today at 12:30:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2024, 08:06:46 AM »

-   That is correct mate, in trading there is a lot to consider and do before we have extensive knowledge about it, and besides that it is normal that there is risk in doing it. But this does not mean that it has a similarity to gambling, of course it is not like that.

Because we don't do trading just to play, but we treat this like a profession, skills, just like to have a job, well actually it is a job where we can be able to get profit via trading concept here in the crypto space.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 02:55:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2024, 08:52:13 AM »

yeah, you're right. trading needs knowledge, good analysis, and how to control emotions. it takes a long experience to become a trader. And also the ability to manage profits and losses that will occur. I am not a gambler, I only know gambling is a gamble without the need for experience and knowledge like trading

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2024, 08:52:13 AM »

Offline Learn Bitcoin

• Activity: 887
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 01:32:54 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Mobile User
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2024, 02:31:27 PM »
yeah, you're right. trading needs knowledge, good analysis, and how to control emotions. it takes a long experience to become a trader. And also the ability to manage profits and losses that will occur. I am not a gambler, I only know gambling is a gamble without the need for experience and knowledge like trading

But some people rely on their trading boss. They wait for signals to open a position and wait for their boss to give another signal about when to close their position. People always like to make money and they find a quick way to make money. This is why they look for signals and do not want to learn how to trade. This is one of the reasons people consider trade as gambling. Yes, it's gambling for those people who do not know how to trade. If you are opening position without knowing how it works, it is pure gambling. Isn't it?

Offline FOKA33

• Activity: 128
  • Last Active: April 13, 2024, 06:05:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    100 Posts Mobile User Poll Voter
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2024, 12:08:01 AM »
Most of the time, both online and offline, there has been some argument relating to the title of this thread. Some people think that trading is just based on luck, like the way gambling is basically dependent on how lucky the player can be. In trading, there are some trading tools and parameters that traders use to analyze the market. Despite the fact that the crypto market is quite unpredictable all the time, traders and some market analysts use most of the trading tools to analyze the direction of the market, and that's what gives them the insight to make some predictions that could actually be correct. Some market predictions may not actually be 100%, 90%, or 80% accurate, but in most cases, they could be around 60–70% accurate, and some traders will advise you to make sure you "take profit" where you have met a good sum of profit. It is better to take a profit than to wait for your prediction to actually be 100% of the price you expect to sell.

The crypto market is very dynamic, and despite the fact that crypto enthusiasts cannot actually be 100% accurate about the direction of the market, that doesn't mean that trading should be handled as gambling. As a trader, it's good to keep learning and developing your own personal strategy that can help you win in the market; otherwise, you'll experience more losses than profits.

Also, there are different kinds of trading, such as grid trading, spot trading, forex trading, and futures trading. Those kinds of leveraged trading, such as futures and forex, are a bit more risky than spot trading. Spot trading is what I actually prefer because it is just the normal buying of a coin or token when the price is okay for you, and you can sell after the price spikes a bit and generate little profit for you.

Conclusion: Trading is not the same thing as gambling, but if you want to handle trading as gambling, it's just your choice.
There is a big difference between trading and gambling
1) trading involves risk management whereas gambling isn't
2) trading is based on analysis, fundamental and technical analysis whereas gambling isn't.
3) trading is based on take profits and stop losses whereas gambling isn't.
4) trading is about trends, directions and strategies whereas gambling isn't.
5) trading is about stocks,shares, crypto currencies whereby gambling isn't.
These are few points of mine about trading and gambling.

Offline Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 12:43:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good Avatar Signature
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2024, 12:41:31 AM »
People tend to confuse between trading and gambling.  They are two different things entirely, in trading experience and equipments to analyze the market before traditional is required and when you have all the requirements then you can make profits more than gain. While gambling is based on luck, it is 50-50 either ,ou win or you loose .

Offline IvugeoEvolutionCoin

• Activity: 699
  • Last Active: May 05, 2024, 06:36:58 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Poll Voter 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2024, 03:36:57 AM »
People tend to confuse between trading and gambling.  They are two different things entirely, in trading experience and equipments to analyze the market before traditional is required and when you have all the requirements then you can make profits more than gain. While gambling is based on luck, it is 50-50 either ,ou win or you loose .
I think trading and gambling have very clear differences, trading is basically buying and after that waiting for the price to rise then selling if you want to make a profit, whereas for gambling you have to guess something that is not certain to be true. If you guess wrong then your capital use will disappear instantly.

Offline gunhell16

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 8
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 11:32:03 AM
    • View Profile

10 Poll Votes Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2024, 12:24:36 PM »
I think trading and gambling have very clear differences, trading is basically buying and after that waiting for the price to rise then selling if you want to make a profit, whereas for gambling you have to guess something that is not certain to be true. If you guess wrong then your capital use will disappear instantly.

That's why, and that's what I'm thinking too, dude. There are even others who consider gambling to be an investment. When I read that, it made me wonder how gambling became an investment if the only thing you do as a gambler is to bet on a casino game.

Whereas trading can really be considered an investment because you don't have to use the funds you entered to equalize it in a game, instead you buy and then wait for the price to rise to what you want so that you have the profit you want to get, gambling is not like that.

Offline Altcoin1998$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2242
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 03, 2024, 01:15:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2024, 09:30:16 PM »
I don't directly compare trading with gambling because in gambling there is no possibility of loss recovery but in trading there is definitely possibility of loss recovery. But there is a lot in common in both cases, both trading and gambling have uncertain chances and you can never guarantee profit. Trading should never be over-emotional and greedy. Similarly, gambling should not be over-emotional.

Offline LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 03:57:13 PM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2024, 09:38:55 PM »
I don't directly compare trading with gambling because in gambling there is no possibility of loss recovery but in trading there is definitely possibility of loss recovery. But there is a lot in common in both cases, both trading and gambling have uncertain chances and you can never guarantee profit. Trading should never be over-emotional and greedy. Similarly, gambling should not be over-emotional.

You are right, besides that in commerce things are more the responsibility of our thinking and acting wisely choosing the movements of the market and if we make a mistake it is entirely our fault and not by chance, although sometimes the random part of gambling can happen. compare with market volatility, but basically in the crypto market, and like Bitcoin, our decisions have a lot to do with what we win or lose, for that reason when playing in a casino any type of game is related such as roulette, slots , since it is focused on luck and strategy it does have a weight, but it is the luck factor.

Furthermore, trading like gamling is something that is not recommended, you have to make movements very well calculated and with a lot of logic, not in the game, we can play very well with all the logic in the world, but you can still lose .
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1600
  • Last Active: May 07, 2024, 05:47:37 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2024, 11:13:11 PM »
I don't directly compare trading with gambling because in gambling there is no possibility of loss recovery but in trading there is definitely possibility of loss recovery.
Both in gambling and trading, there is possibility of loss recovery. In trading, using low leverage or trading in the spot market and using a good coin to trade like bitcoin makes the possibility of profit and unrealized loss recovery to be high, but in gambling the possibility to recover back loss is low. Be it high or low, there is still possibility of loss recovery in both.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀