follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Fear or greed  (Read 7053 times)

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1478
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 20, 2024, 06:21:21 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Good Quick Poster Karma
Re: Fear or greed
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 02:22:01 PM »
To me, greed is more dangerous than fear!

Always be cautious of greed!
I agree with you but I see it is partially true.

If fear is enough to prevent people to join the market, to prevent their greed blossoms, it's true for sure. Because fear in this situation, will help people to protect their capital.

If fear is like a consequence of greed, they will panic sell and will lose money. The bottom line is don't be greed at beginning, it will be enough to protect your capital as well as to prevent fear later. Because if you hold your capital in fiat currency, let's say US. dollar, you won't lose anything if Bitcoin or cryptocurrency market crashes in single day or some days.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 02:22:01 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Ambatman

• Activity: 257
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 09:53:35 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Quick Poster Poll Voter Avatar
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2024, 07:26:09 AM »
Hopefully this falls under trading.
I'm gonna make it short
There are two emotions i believe dictates trade and leads to either gains or losses. Fear and greed.
They are like every investors companion.
Which do you think is more dangerous?

Don't give trading that kind of approach of gambling, there's nothing like fear or greed while trading as you may have it with gambling, risk taking is what we consider most in trading and how experienced you're in knowing what you're doing or not, when you're a trader, you understand the network you're dealing with, the currency you're trading and the performances it already had previously before you started, then couple that with skill and how lucky you're doing your market speculations accurately using various indicators.
if there isnt such a thing why does FUD and FOMO exist in the crypto space. Is like you saying fear and greed only occur in gambling. There's always an element of fear or greed when dealing with things of values.
When we are afraid, we can only take profits prematurely or cut losses too early. That creates little profit or slight loss.
This can cause stagnation which might lead to greed. Is like they co-related.

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1693
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 06:11:15 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 11:26:01 AM »
`snip
The majority of members answered neutral, meaning that greed and fear exist in financial markets, and it depends on the ability to analyze the market and manage one's emotions. I agree but will add one separate opinion.

I agree with what you said, greed is more dangerous than fear. Greed will usually overpower our normal thoughts and to satisfy it usually someone will do everything possible.

This goes back to ourselves, before starting trading and learning knowledge about trading it would be better if we learn about emotions first, because when you have entered the market usually in making decisions will be very thick with the hand of emotions there.

Actually there are many examples of someone who was destroyed because of greed, not only in the trading room, but it happens in everyday life.

Offline Nwada001

• Activity: 734
  • Last Active: April 24, 2024, 08:52:52 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    500 Posts Karma Karma Good
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 01:07:59 PM »
Hopefully this falls under trading.
I'm gonna make it short
There are two emotions i believe dictates trade and leads to either gains or losses. Fear and greed.
They are like every investors companion.
Fear and greed are both dangerous, but I see fear as one of the most dangerous parts of every trader and hold of any form of crypto because the fear can lead one to make some bad decisions that could lead to the loss of investment capital.

Let's say for those who don't know how the market works very well and they have invested in bitcoin or any other popular crypto, and all of a sudden some kind of bad news that is unverified pops out from no where that the market is going to experience some great dump, and out of fear of what can happen to the market without even going further to investigate, many always run and sell off while others wait to see how the market will go, and immediately there is a little form of dump they will sell off, losing some of their invested capital.

In aspects of greed, one can see an existing point in the market and still decide to hold it, which will turn the market around, making them lose what they could have achieved, but there is always a second chance in this part of the person holding for long, and if the coin in question is worth holding, and if the trade is also not a leverage trade, then there is a little risk and danger here.

Offline Hamza2424

• Activity: 849
  • Tengri Privacy tools
  • Last Active: March 31, 2024, 05:59:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary Quick Poster Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2024, 09:14:41 PM »
I think greed is more dangerous because we make unfair and wrong moves, for example, even after making good profit in one day even with lesser capital we think the same token can give us the same amount of profit if it make a small correction but after going down a little bit we make another entry and now it is not coming up to the level we predicted.

Greed not only is dangerous in trading but it is in holding too, I just talked about holding and trading in my last post, so, greed make us big lose if we are doing holding too, because in holding we think we are making good profit after two month of holding while we planned to hold for 1 year or 2 years. But after seeing some profit we become greedy and think that we should book some of it or all of the seed profit and then take entry again with this seed profit after sometime when market will dump.

But in reality, that's not going to happen and you end up exiting the market with that seed profit while you would have made more profit if you would have not booked it in the first place. I made such moves a lot of time and I learnt from them.
▄█▄
▄█████▄
██▀███▀██
▄███▄████▄███▄
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▄█▄██▀█▀███████▀█▀██▄█▄
▄█████▄█████████████▄█████▄
▀███▀█████████████▀███▀
██▄███▄█████▄███▄██
▀█████▀███▀█████▀
▀█▀██▄█▄██▀█▀
▄█████▄
▀███▀
TENGRI CRYPTO
ZERO
LOGS
NO
REGISTRATION
NO
JS
24/7
SUPPORT
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
███████████▌▄██████████
█████████████████████
█████████▀▄███▀████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 799
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 05:23:42 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2024, 09:16:10 PM »
I don't think greed and fear, two terms are enough to explain these two words for example sometimes we fear we might lose our funds due to this bad news but sometimes we fear that we might miss this opportunity due to some good news or good opportunity. And in fear of missing out (FOMO), we make bad decisions. And in fear of losing funds, we can also make wrong decisions.

But above all, greed is more greedy because when we are greedy we make decisions that don't come up good for us because greed is a curse but fear is not. But if I have to answer on the basis of my personal experience then I mostly fall prey to bad decisions due to fear factor.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Online alltalk

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3530
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 9
  • Last Active: Today at 11:50:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2024, 10:39:24 PM »
The majority of members answered neutral, meaning that greed and fear exist in financial markets, and it depends on the ability to analyze the market and manage one's emotions. I agree but will add one separate opinion.
I can agree with this. +1

When you are greedy, you may be trapped on scam projects who offer you instant profits. You think to get bigger profits but finally you got nothing because the project disappears. In this situation, you will lose all the money.

When your coins dropped very significantly and there is a rumor that the coins will be dead. You may choose to sell the coins with very cheap prices because you feel too fear. Even you invest in Bitcoin, you may sell it in bearish market if you are influenced by the rumors.

So, both may lead to get huge losses. But being greedy may lead to lose everything.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2024, 10:39:24 PM »

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1031
  • Last Active: Today at 09:34:53 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2024, 11:06:19 PM »
Well, I feel the two work hand in hand, but fear can help a trader exit from the market with a little profit instead of sitting too long, while greed can actually cause a trader to overstay in the market until they begin to see losses again after they have failed to cancel the trader when they were really in a great profit zone.

Take, for example, you opened a position with $1k, and after like 10 minutes, you are already seeing a +50% profit, which is $500. Instead of you canceling the trade and just taking the 50% profit, you decide to stay in the trade for a little longer. I think that's greed because the market is dynamic and could turn against you. If you also cancel the trade and a few minutes later the market keeps going higher in your direction, it can be said that fear has actually made you exist in the market so quickly.

In my opinion, fear does more harm than greed. Greed can actually make a trader look foolish in the market in the sense that after seeing a profit of 50–100%, you decide to wait for more profit and on the process of waiting a little longer, you begin to see losses again.

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1085
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 09:19:06 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2024, 03:35:23 AM »
It's totally depends upon traders mentality he set for trading and it's not same for all. Both play important role in making profit/loss. A successful trader always keeping both in balanced approach. Too much fear affect our decision strategy we set for trading while too much greed cause taking high risk and both are dangerous especially greed.

In trading Fear oftenly refer to:
Exiting from any coins before target achieved.
Staying away from high volatile coins.
Panic selling

Greed refers to

Non-booking of profits with the pre planned strategy to get more.
Always taking risk
looking for volatile coins
Don't care of loss.

Now we can clearly say that greed is more dangerous because fear will only results in low profit while greed can dump our portfolio many x.

...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Charles-Tim

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1558
  • Last Active: Today at 12:23:54 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Karma Bad Karma Good
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2024, 10:41:19 AM »
It's totally depends upon traders mentality he set for trading and it's not same for all. Both play important role in making profit/loss. A successful trader always keeping both in balanced approach. Too much fear affect our decision strategy we set for trading while too much greed cause taking high risk and both are dangerous especially greed.

In trading Fear oftenly refer to:
Exiting from any coins before target achieved.
Staying away from high volatile coins.
Panic selling

Greed refers to

Non-booking of profits with the pre planned strategy to get more.
Always taking risk
looking for volatile coins
Don't care of loss.

Now we can clearly say that greed is more dangerous because fear will only results in low profit while greed can dump our portfolio many x.

A trader needs not to fear and also needs not to be greedy. Most traders are failing because they do not apply the principle of trading but just want to trade. A trader that fear to trade should understand the reasons why he is afraid while a trader that is greedy will understand he should stop the greediness after several liquidations of his trading assets.

The main reason for greediness in trading is because traders are not able to manage their trading fund appropriately. You will see a trader that only have $10000 and put all the $10000 in trading. That is enough to cause greed. Some trader will still think of earning high and leverage it with margin. This is stupidity.

Practically, traders do not fear but they have greed which is the opposite. They will trade and see their stupidity after they lose. Those that are afraid are not trading. They may even not learn how to trade but prefer to hold. They can even have the fear to hold but they will prefer holding than trading.

If a trader is using just little amount of money to trade, he will not have the greed.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 687
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 07:00:52 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2024, 02:29:14 PM »
For me, they are the same. They usually go together when trading or investing in the market. It is natural for us to feel this way at times, but we must be aware of our emotions since they may influence our decisions. If we are at this point, it is best not to trade. It's better to find a way to relieve stress like traveling or finding fun and then when you feel okay you can go back to trade.

Offline vegasus

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 11:13:02 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2024, 11:05:07 PM »
Hemm, both of them are actually not bad and can also affect our investment. but if you compare the two and consider which is worse between the two then I think maybe it is Fear. because usually this fear will cause worry and panic in us when investing.

If we feel more easily afraid of worrying and panicking then the very volatile market conditions are not right for us. and this can lead to unwise decision making. That's why we really have to be able to manage our emotions so that whatever the conditions in the market are, we can remain calm and not panic or be afraid.

Online TopT3ns

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1405
  • Last Active: Today at 10:52:48 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Topic Starter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2024, 11:43:15 PM »
For me, they are the same. They usually go together when trading or investing in the market. It is natural for us to feel this way at times, but we must be aware of our emotions since they may influence our decisions. If we are at this point, it is best not to trade. It's better to find a way to relieve stress like traveling or finding fun and then when you feel okay you can go back to trade.
All decisions when trading must be controlled because if you cannot control your emotions well and are easily influenced by price movements in the market, you will make bad decisions that will definitely make you lose, so it is better to keep control of your emotions. well and don't be easily influenced by price movements on the exchange.

Offline DAMKAR

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: April 26, 2024, 10:05:49 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2024, 11:52:00 PM »

All decisions when trading must be controlled because if you cannot control your emotions well and are easily influenced by price movements in the market, you will make bad decisions that will definitely make you lose, so it is better to keep control of your emotions. well and don't be easily influenced by price movements on the exchange.

Trading needs skill, emotional controll and good analysis.
As you said, we should have good emotional control while do trading.
Crypto currency market is volatile and unpredictable.
Several time we will see price movements on good, but suddenly down.
Keep calm and always focus to see the chart.

Offline I-Bit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2213
  • Last Active: Today at 09:57:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2024, 11:56:47 PM »
You're right. If we can't control our emotion, it will be a disaster. Crypto market is very volatile, it is easy to change. If we can't control emotion, we may fee panic and do the wrong decision. That's why a trader must have good emotional control, it is very useful to prevent us from deciding hastily. We need to feel calm to understand the market condition, then we will found out the way to get the solution.  ;)

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG