follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: No risk no gain  (Read 2017 times)

Offline pawel7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1553
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 01:49:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Bad Quick Poster Poll Voter
Re: No risk no gain
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2024, 11:59:13 PM »
There is nothing without risk. Every receipt of money is associated with a certain risk (small or big).

Exactly. Even leaving a house to work in a safe job you could get hit by a bus  ;D
It's all about measuring risk to reward ratio (something most people do even without realising it) and making decisions based on that.
Unreasonable aversion to risk could be as bad as taking too much risk.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2024, 11:59:13 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1105
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 10:49:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2024, 06:28:35 PM »
A good proverb will be good if it is applied to the right thing, but if it is misused it is still something wrong, so I agree with you on this.

But this will come back to what our goal is in gambling, are we just looking for fun? or hoping for a big win? If we hope to always win, then the saying seems true, but in the case of gambling it might have bad consequences for us. So we also have to be clever at distinguishing between what is good for us.
If a person in gambling claims to be gambling just for fun then I totally disagree with that idea. Gambling must be recognized as an investment but how many gamblers actually consider gambling as an investment? I know gambling would be a money making scheme for most gamblers out there if given real information. But while gambling is a form of entertainment for some, it is not purely entertainment but an attempt to make money. As a gambler we must know what is good and what is bad.
We can indeed make money from gambling, but we have to be able to calculate and realize how big our chances are of winning and being able to make money in gambling.

Gambling is not a job, gambling is a game of luck. And basically a game is very synonymous with the fun that we will feel. When we win we will definitely be happy, but if we have another goal, namely making money, then when we lose we will become very emotional and this is where it becomes very dangerous.

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1026
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 08:35:47 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2024, 03:31:54 PM »
A good proverb will be good if it is applied to the right thing, but if it is misused it is still something wrong, so I agree with you on this.

But this will come back to what our goal is in gambling, are we just looking for fun? or hoping for a big win? If we hope to always win, then the saying seems true, but in the case of gambling it might have bad consequences for us. So we also have to be clever at distinguishing between what is good for us.
If a person in gambling claims to be gambling just for fun then I totally disagree with that idea. Gambling must be recognized as an investment but how many gamblers actually consider gambling as an investment? I know gambling would be a money making scheme for most gamblers out there if given real information. But while gambling is a form of entertainment for some, it is not purely entertainment but an attempt to make money. As a gambler we must know what is good and what is bad.
We can indeed make money from gambling, but we have to be able to calculate and realize how big our chances are of winning and being able to make money in gambling.

Gambling is not a job, gambling is a game of luck. And basically a game is very synonymous with the fun that we will feel. When we win we will definitely be happy, but if we have another goal, namely making money, then when we lose we will become very emotional and this is where it becomes very dangerous.
In gambling there will be no gambler who are not happy after winning and be emotional after losing. When I first started betting in my life, my passion was so high that I dreamed of earning money through gambling. I was so happy at that time winning a few bets in a row and I started dreaming, I couldn't think of my position when I lost. Because I accumulated a lot of winnings and lost a bet that had a winning chance. After losing several bets like this I realized that gambling is not for money making. Gambling is for those who accept losses at every moment.

Offline bitbit97

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3953
  • Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 04:49:47 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2024, 04:05:32 PM »
Dont you find it funny, that "no risk = no gain" can simultaneously be "risk = no gain", but it almost unlikely to be "no risk = gain" situation? That no matter how much you risk you can still lose. Originally it suppose to mean that you cant achieve without trying, but it turns that you can try, spend time money and still fail. To this quote, I would like to add the word regret. This would suit perfectly as a motivation and a lighthouse for every gambler. No matter how you play, how you deal with your money and how your life is going, a person should never regret what he did. This is his life lesson, experience and he should accept it no matter if it is bad or good.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Unbunplease

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2296
  • Last Active: April 28, 2024, 11:47:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2024, 07:03:00 PM »
Risk is an integral part of success. Without risk, it is unlikely that you can make a good profit. But the degree of risk can always be varied (and even needs to be). It all depends on the ability to think straight, as well as the ability to apply logic and restraint

Offline Power420

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1227
  • Last Active: Today at 06:15:20 PM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster 1000 Posts Poll Starter
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2024, 11:04:35 PM »
Risk is an integral part of success. Without risk, it is unlikely that you can make a good profit. But the degree of risk can always be varied (and even needs to be). It all depends on the ability to think straight, as well as the ability to apply logic and restraint

Risks should be taken as the main resource in life, because without taking risks in life, progress will never be possible. Especially in business, in gambling, in investing, and in more unique places and walks of life, risk is required at the beginning. Because you can never improve without taking risks, you should only risk what you can afford to lose. Because nothing is better than excess, I see risk as the greatest asset in improving life.

Online luckyledger

• Activity: 95
  • Last Active: Today at 09:44:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    Poll Voter Topic Starter 50 Posts
« Reply #96 on: Today at 04:44:37 PM »
Dont you find it funny, that "no risk = no gain" can simultaneously be "risk = no gain", but it almost unlikely to be "no risk = gain" situation? That no matter how much you risk you can still lose. Originally it suppose to mean that you cant achieve without trying, but it turns that you can try, spend time money and still fail. To this quote, I would like to add the word regret. This would suit perfectly as a motivation and a lighthouse for every gambler. No matter how you play, how you deal with your money and how your life is going, a person should never regret what he did. This is his life lesson, experience and he should accept it no matter if it is bad or good.

And what if there are rare instances like receiving an unexpected inheritance where "no risk = gain" does indeed seem plausible :)
However, as you noted typically to gain something substantial one must be willing to take a risk whether it be of time, money or effort.
Each situation demands a unique approach to risk and how we manage that risk often defines our outcomes.
I agree with your perspective on regret as well. Every experience, whether positive or negative shapes us. Embracing each as an invaluable lesson allows us to transform our experiences into strengths.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #96 on: Today at 04:44:37 PM »

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG