follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Bitcoin is heading for $10,000. Next stop $1 million!  (Read 765 times)

Offline jings009

• Activity: 748
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: October 13, 2022, 10:19:00 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Bitcoin is heading for $10,000. Next stop $1 million!
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »

What’s that noise? It’s the sound of people who bailed out of cryptocurrencies kicking themselves for selling at recent lows, assuming the whole thing was going to collapse (as countless experts warned it would). It’s a familiar sound, in my home. Ouch, there I go again.

Bit of nonsense
On 24 June, bitcoin hit a seven-month low of $5,755. A couple of days later I panicked and sold another tranche, after reading expert commentary suggesting it would soon slide below $5,000, on its way to zero, its natural worth. Once again, my timing was impeccably bad. Bitcoin is up 40% since then. Double ouch!

I still can’t shake the feeling that bitcoin’s natural worth really is zero. Yes I’ve heard the underlying blockchain is trailblazing technology, but that’s a different thing. Its practical uses remain limited, given the slow pace and high cost of transactions. Sorry, crypto-fans, the best credit cards are still faster, easier and cheaper to use. Mainstream financial and fintech upstarts are offering all sorts of fancy payment systems while bitcoin flounders.

Ups and downs
I bought bitcoin, and later ethereum and ripple, as pureplay volatility trades, which seemed to be their most practical purpose. And I did well enough for a while but who didn’t? The trick is knowing when to sell and here I haven’t done so well, repeatedly selling at the bottom rather than top of its price range.

This is just one of the problems with trading, as opposed to investing. It brings out your most pathetic instincts: fear, greed, vanity, that kind of stuff. You hail your own genius when your asset rises, then turn to jelly when it falls. You think you’re a beautiful, original thinker only to follow the herd, like every other beautiful, original thinker.

Big short
This week, bitcoin burst past $8,500 but nobody can really agree why. Some say it’s climbing because major Wall Street institutions are starting to embrace it, with talk of the Securities and Exchange Commission smoothing the regulatory path for five bitcoin ETF applications.

Another theory is that investors were closing their short positions, and the resulting pick-up emboldened buyers. Some say summer trading on low volatility may also be a factor. Nobody knows, not really.

Fear and greed
Bitcoin has a habit of developing a momentum all of its own. If it flies past $10,000, all the old excitement could be back. Self-appointed experts are jostling to predict it will hit $20,000, $100,000, or a cool $1m, just as surely as it was heading towards zero a few weeks ago.

The hype plays tricks on your mind. There are better things to do than sit in front of a computer all day watching your portfolio change colour and messaging fellow addicts on the other side of the world (yes I did that too).

By: Harvey Jones
Source:  https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2018/07/28/bitcoin-is-heading-for-10000-next-stop-1-million/

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Bitcoin is heading for $10,000. Next stop $1 million!
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline felixesteban

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1311
  • eLYQD ICO
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: December 03, 2021, 07:48:28 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Bitcoin is heading for $10,000. Next stop $1 million!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:31:02 AM »
Bear market is not over yet, although many people say bull is coming, be ready, but there are no positive signals in this direction. Altcoins keep losing blood, and it's like they haven't found their bottom level yet.This is why it is very useful to trade by making a Stop Loss.
............eLYQD  -  Decentralized ............ Vaping Industry Marketplace
..____________________________Linkedin WhitepaperFacebookTwitterTelegram_________________________..

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG