follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: A divide between short and long term investors  (Read 728 times)

Offline Trio86

• Activity: 74
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: October 08, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 50 Posts 10 Posts
A divide between short and long term investors
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:53:25 PM »
Its seems to me, that the market is volatile because of the different types of investors. You have the investor who wants to make a quick 
3 - 10X flip and the investor who is holding long term because they believe in the project / product. Yes i know there are many different strategies in between, but there is a clear divide for sure. A bit like good vs bad. Which is which? One side of the coin you have whale manipulation, trading bots and ruthless take take take attitude and on the other you have holders, believers, people who want crypto to succeed because they believe in the technology.

Say for example a coin is $0.10 at ICO, $0.50 when it hits its first exchange, $1 when it hits a big exchange and reaches $3 due to hype...within 3 months and then crashes all the way down back to $0.20..who is the real winner? What are we trying to achieve? Because this seems to be a common trend at the moment. I'm not saying its bad, but it sure aint good. These companies are trying to make a difference and their success / failure could be determined by investors no matter what they have to offer.

Am i making any sense?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

A divide between short and long term investors
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:53:25 PM »

For Monthly biddings Check Here

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: A divide between short and long term investors
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »
I don't think it's as black & white as that, many swing traders have long-term positions, and visa versa. Personally I have long-positions that are based on profit from swing-trading or working, and until Bitcoin is back in a bear market, it looks a lot more profitable to be swing trading to accumulate more BTC or ETH before the bull market returns. A divide in these portfolios, long-term investments and swing trades is very important in my opinion.
Yes you will probably miss out on the best profits by swing trading in the long-term, but it means during sustained bear markets you are able to make money or accumulate, so it's a way to balance your risk in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:57:36 PM by dragononcrypto »

Offline Trio86

• Activity: 74
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: October 08, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Topic Starter 50 Posts 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 04:10:28 PM »
I don't think it's as black & white as that, many swing traders have long-term positions, and visa versa. Personally I have long-positions that are based on profit from swing-trading or working, and until Bitcoin is back in a bear market, it looks a lot more profitable to be swing trading to accumulate more BTC or ETH before the bull market returns. A divide in these portfolios, long-term investments and swing trades is very important in my opinion.
Yes you will probably miss out on the best profits by swing trading in the long-term, but it means during sustained bear markets you are able to make money or accumulate, so it's a way to balance your risk in my opinion.

I understand your point that we must adjust our investment to the market situation, I agree with your opinion, we must continue to observe the market and see opportunities.

Offline DogeTalk

• Activity: 468
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: March 06, 2024, 05:47:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 18
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
But now it is very difficult to find an ico project that reaches a value above ico. I see many ico projects experiencing a decline when listed on the stock exchange. is that real?

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
But now it is very difficult to find an ico project that reaches a value above ico. I see many ico projects experiencing a decline when listed on the stock exchange. is that real?

Yeh this is basically real, hence the ICO's sold in August were the lowest for over a year. People realising it's not an easy 3-4x (on a good project) anymore.
Otherwise they can come out at 50-80%, and lose another 50-90% from there anyway! I'm sure the ICO market will return, but the crypto market needs to recover first imo.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG