follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: I have $500 to invest today  (Read 753 times)

Offline MaxzDoss

• Possible Cheater
  • Baby Steps
  • Activity: 31
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 22, 2020, 07:17:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 10
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 10 Posts First Post
I have $500 to invest today
« on: September 22, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »
What's the best way to diversify starting with $500. I am overwhelmed right now with all the coins i am interested in. I'm just not sure if i should be only focused on the top 10 or can i pick xxx coin that's ranked between #40-#150. I can say i like about 15-20 coins/tokens i just feel that's way to many for $500. I would like to put half in blue chip coin and invest in some alts with the remaining half. I was thinking put $50 into 4 atls???
Idk man, i'm trying my hardest to figure this out. lol thank you for any help.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

I have $500 to invest today
« on: September 22, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Lighthouze

• Activity: 127
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: January 16, 2019, 12:06:13 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
Re: I have $500 to invest today
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:06:02 AM »
One of the best ways to invest is look for coins that are less than $1 and invest in them. But before you do, you have to study the coins of choice and get to know about them, their development stages, roadmap and current state of the project. Investing in 2-3 coins should do in my opinion.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 12:55:00 AM »
One of the best ways to invest is look for coins that are less than $1 and invest in them. But before you do, you have to study the coins of choice and get to know about them, their development stages, roadmap and current state of the project. Investing in 2-3 coins should do in my opinion.

I personally wouldn't recommend the above, "cheap" coins are only "cheap" because there is a high supply, not because they are undervalued. The price of a coin is merely [market cap / supply = price], so either it's cheap as the market cap is very low, or like Ripple it's cheap as the supply is enormous. To put it simply: the price of a cryptocurrency is meaningless, it's only useful in the context of knowing how much it cost you. Coins with a high supply have a much less attractive inflation growth for a starters, not to mention attract investors who think they are cheap, rather than good.

I think what you suggested is very sensible, there was a short series of interesting videos about high and low risk crypto investment portfollios which you might like to check out, they are from Louis Thomas. It considered low risk to be with 66% BTC, medium risk to be around 50% BTC, and high risk to be with only 33% BTC. Blue chip altcoins are otherwise considered a lot less risky than lower market cap altcoins, specifically tokens.

Bare in mind we are also in bear market (no pun intended!), so personally I'd recommend low-medium risk portfolio, on the basis that if you want to increase the risk of your investments you could also sell part of your BTC later for altcoins, ideally when the bull market returns, rather than before.

Hope that helps, best of luck. Glad to hear more people coming into the crypto space, no doubt the low prices are attracting new investors.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:57:19 AM by dragononcrypto »

Offline Ezzi

• Activity: 786
  • 100x Coin
  • Last Active: December 26, 2021, 02:19:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 06:12:20 AM »
if I were you,I would invest the entire amount in Ethereum, because it starts its growth after the correction, as well as all other cryptocurrencies,but Ethereum is promising
100xCoin
{On Our Way to $1B
Market Cap & Beyond
}
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline BOT

• Activity: 51
  • Crypto Knight
  • Last Active: September 23, 2018, 06:04:20 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:15:23 AM »
with a capital of $500, then I would buy the ethereum. the price is very cheap. and you will get a considerable profit if the price later ethereum will again increase.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG