follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: How to lose your crypto by simply connecting a USB flash drive  (Read 498 times)

Online Mr. Allcrypto

• Activity: 330
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 3
  • Last Active: Today at 10:03:00 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Good Avatar Signature
Re: How to lose your crypto by simply connecting a USB flash drive
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 10:54:29 PM »
With the widespread spread of cryptocurrencies around us, we may find many who have invested directly or indirectly in cryptocurrencies, and some of us use our computer that contains some crypto wallets or even use it with hardware wallets, following advice such as using an open source operating system, not downloading random applications, buying Hardware wallets, using a strong password to encrypt the wallet file is necessary, but some of us are random when it comes to USB flash drives or random plug cables, where a friend asks you to charge his phone or send you pictures or movies, or even in university life by sending PDF files.

You think that as long as you do not open a USB flash drive file or run an antivirus or do not install these files, you are safe, but some of them are able to logs your keystrokes or even copy some files from your computer without your permission.

Many of these tools are not sold as hacking tools, but their design allows hackers to misuse them. Here are some tools that may do this:

1. O.MG cables

They look like normal charging cables, but they contain a small computer that can record all your keyboard clicks and can know your Wi-Fi password, or even your wallet password.

2. USBKill devices

USBKill devices are little dongles that look like USB flash drives, but instead of storing data, they send circuit-busting electrical charges into the devices they are plugged into.

3. USB Rubber Ducky

While the tool looks like a regular flash drive, the Rubber Ducky can be programmed to "type" commands into any device it's plugged into.

4. LAN Turtle

They may look like an Internet adapter, but they can collect a lot of data about you.

Not only these tools but there are many more, you can find them here https://www.zdnet.com/article/7-hacking-tools-that-look-harmless-but-can-do-real-damage/
Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/7-hacking-tools-that-look-harmless-but-can-do-real-damage/

Wow thanks for this information, I had no idea about this before, I am still surprised, because I use these cables almost everyday in a cyber Cafe where I used to work before but I did not know that they can do this, I will do more research about this...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 10:54:29 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline Penlex_Writer

• Activity: 86
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 04, 2024, 01:31:59 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 9
    Topic Starter 50 Posts Karma
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2024, 02:33:54 PM »
With the widespread spread of cryptocurrencies around us, we may find many who have invested directly or indirectly in cryptocurrencies, and some of us use our computer that contains some crypto wallets or even use it with hardware wallets, following advice such as using an open source operating system, not downloading random applications, buying Hardware wallets, using a strong password to encrypt the wallet file is necessary, but some of us are random when it comes to USB flash drives or random plug cables, where a friend asks you to charge his phone or send you pictures or movies, or even in university life by sending PDF files.

You think that as long as you do not open a USB flash drive file or run an antivirus or do not install these files, you are safe, but some of them are able to logs your keystrokes or even copy some files from your computer without your permission.

Many of these tools are not sold as hacking tools, but their design allows hackers to misuse them. Here are some tools that may do this:

1. O.MG cables

They look like normal charging cables, but they contain a small computer that can record all your keyboard clicks and can know your Wi-Fi password, or even your wallet password.

2. USBKill devices

USBKill devices are little dongles that look like USB flash drives, but instead of storing data, they send circuit-busting electrical charges into the devices they are plugged into.

3. USB Rubber Ducky

While the tool looks like a regular flash drive, the Rubber Ducky can be programmed to "type" commands into any device it's plugged into.

4. LAN Turtle

They may look like an Internet adapter, but they can collect a lot of data about you.

Not only these tools but there are many more, you can find them here https://www.zdnet.com/article/7-hacking-tools-that-look-harmless-but-can-do-real-damage/
Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/7-hacking-tools-that-look-harmless-but-can-do-real-damage/

I know that the O.M.G cable is sometimes used for hacking function and so  personally, I am not dumbfounded to know the harm it can cause to your crypto but I am a bit skeptical about the others. It will be a nice idea to make this information get to a wider audience.

Online joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1718
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 10:03:54 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2024, 05:19:43 PM »
because I use these cables almost everyday in a cyber Cafe where I used to work before but I did not know that they can do this, I will do more research about this...
Which cable are you referring to? Are you saying your cyber cafe has pen-testing tools lying around? Did you confuse regular USB cables with the tools mentioned by OP? It would be weird if your cyber cafe used pen testing cables in every device though, I'd assume they are doing some secret government work or something similar if that was the case. These tools are expensive compared to your usual $5 cables, not to mention you should probably avoid plugging USB into your air-gapped device without any preparation. CMIIW.

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9504
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 07:17:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2024, 08:31:47 PM »
Which cable are you referring to? Are you saying your cyber cafe has pen-testing tools lying around? Did you confuse regular USB cables with the tools mentioned by OP? It would be weird if your cyber cafe used pen testing cables in every device though, I'd assume they are doing some secret government work or something similar if that was the case. These tools are expensive compared to your usual $5 cables, not to mention you should probably avoid plugging USB into your air-gapped device without any preparation. CMIIW.

You'd be surprised how many Internet cafes and other types of Internet-related businesses, where any user can use a terminal, use penetration testing tools. The curious thing about these cases is that there are times when managers also do not know that their terminals have been infected on purpose to obtain all kinds of customer information. The software most commonly used by attackers are Keyloggers, to obtain passwords for all kinds of services. The same goes for free internet hotspots, the information is stored with the logins of users using any type of service.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline robelneo

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1800
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: Today at 08:35:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2024, 04:06:03 PM »

You'd be surprised how many Internet cafes and other types of Internet-related businesses, where any user can use a terminal, use penetration testing tools. The curious thing about these cases is that there are times when managers also do not know that their terminals have been infected on purpose to obtain all kinds of customer information. The software most commonly used by attackers are Keyloggers, to obtain passwords for all kinds of services. The same goes for free internet hotspots, the information is stored with the logins of users using any type of service.

After I became involved in Cryptocurrency I stopped using Internet cafes and public Wifi, I just feel that because of the creation of Cryptocurrency hacking has become a lucrative business, and where else can they easily hack accounts, passwords, or private keys but on Internet cafes, hackers are taking their chance on every computer users.
I'm not saying that Internet cafe operators are hackers but some of them are involved in hacking because they own the network, they can install anything.
So if you're involved in Cryptocurrency be aware of how hackers do their things, you are your own bank so protect your investment by being educated.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██