follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Lets fight the FUD together  (Read 698 times)

Offline uzair

• Activity: 54
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: July 04, 2019, 08:33:39 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter 50 Posts 10 Posts
Lets fight the FUD together
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:28:53 PM »
I like to trade, so I do check the price regularly, and although I don't get emotional during my trades, I do get a little sad when I'm not trading and I have time to think about how the crypto markets react to fake news.

True facts:
Development
- Even though the lightning network is still in "beta", the number of LN nodes in the main net is increasing, and they have open channels running on them, with real transaction being made. (Check the number of nodes and channels in the Lightning Network in real time)
- Even if we disregard the LN (since it's still in beta), the fees are lower again, and the network is doing better (hopefully segwit will get more adoption, and exchanges like coinbase will batch their transactions, and BTC will be usable again, until LN is complete).
- Coinbase is finally making the implementation of segwit a development priority (Here)

Adoption
- Square Cash App now accepts BTC, so merchants that use it as a payment system will be able to accept BTC as payment.
- Robinhood will add BTC as well; Sberbank (on of the largest state banks in Russia) is planning on opening an exchange. So it will be easier to buy BTC
- Samsung is now making Cryptocurrency mining chips
- 50 Luxury Flats sold for Bitcoin In Dubai (Here)

Social
- A good article that gives us a glimpse on how our society could be after decentralization (Here) Thank you dado7 for sharing.

Regulation
- SEC and CFTC Hearing was positive (Here) and (Here)
- Arizona State passes a bill to allow it's citizens to pay their taxes with BTC (Here)
- Georgia follows Arizona lead (Here)
- Germany has said that they won’t tax Bitcoin users for consuming the cryptocurrency as a means of Payment (Here)

Posts with news from different areas
Check this post dado7, showing us some positive news from Venezuela from (Here)
Check this post u9y42 (Here). Bitcoin getting more private and having smart contracts? Yes please! And he also posts a cool link to check how LN nodes are evolving in the main net (very cool link). Finally, we seem to have a decentralized exchanges that will soon accept fiat. Amazing news! Thanks for sharing.

FUD:
- Tether scam (could be true, but look at tether marketcap, and look at BTC marketcap). How can anyone say that BTC price is up because tether printed tokens out of thin air to pump BTC price? It would not have a big impact...
- China cracking mining... (just rumors, and probably fake). If mining was at risk do you think Samsung would get involved in mining?
- South Korea ban... (fake news, as I hope you all know already. They will only regulate it, probably using something similar to NY’s BitLicense link here)
- India making BTC illegal... (more fake news, they just said they want to crack down illegal activities that use bitcoin and not BTC itself)
- Facebook banning adds (actually a positive thing in my opinion, because it might help decrease the number of uninformed investors that enter the market, that click on those adds looking for profit, and then get scammed. We want investors with strong knowledge about Bitcoin and crypto, because those will not follow FUD or FOMO)

Bitcoin is evolving, we have real and positive news, and we have some bad fake news, or news that simply aren't relevant.
What do the markets do? They crash...

Help me fight the FUD, and post links with some positive news that you think are important for bitcoin, and help me fight FUD, by exposing fake news.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Lets fight the FUD together
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:28:53 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG