follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Internet adoption. Bill Gates was trolled about Internet in 1995  (Read 352 times)

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1482
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 20, 2024, 04:40:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    Karma Good Quick Poster Karma
First, let's watch this short video.

In the interview, Bill Gates was trolled about Internet capacity to handle a podcast, just a podcast, not a video, movies or livestream like we have nowadays.
In the first six years of the WWW (1990-1996), less than 1% of the world used the internet.

The internet’s adoption curve was marked by a really slow beginning when it was only interesting to tech experts. This is similar to the early days of Bitcoin. We can observe the growth of Bitcoin through its value as the number of holders increases the currency’s worth. Sixteen months after Bitcoin was created, its value was still at only $0.004.

(World Bank, Wells Fargo)

Born in doubt, the Internet changed the world entirely and I see some similaries and potentiallities of the Internet and Bitcoin. Now, let's read some more resources
Bitcoin has potential to make bigger impacts than the Internet.

Coming days will be very chaotic with SEC. and Bitcoin Spot ETFs but if you have bitcoins, spend time to read above and hold your bitcoin. Best has yet come, even without Bitcoin Spot ETF approvals, best has yet come, I repeat!

Notes:
  • It was posted first in that topic, on Bitcointalk
  • I leave the source link to avoid plagiarism accusation.
  • I excluded minor things from an original thread if necessary.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 894
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 04:44:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
Coming days will be very chaotic with SEC. and Bitcoin Spot ETFs but if you have bitcoins, spend time to read above and hold your bitcoin. Best has yet come, even without Bitcoin Spot ETF approvals, best has yet come, I repeat!
No one nows the future and everyone tries to predict it on the basis of knowledge or agendas they have, some do have some idea that the internet will be adopted worldwide but never shared due to specific agendas, and even AI-integrated chat bots, survelance systems, management systems are in use of big companies, governmental authorities even way before it came in from to public.

Every thing is being manipulated and BTC is also but to not that extent due to its of course decentralization factor. Overall, I will say, BTC really have enough potential to grow even if the ETFs will be rejected, but hey only the short term profit takers will be going to make wrong decisions, the one with long term plans are not.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
    • View Profile

No one nows the future and everyone tries to predict it on the basis of knowledge or agendas they have, some do have some idea that the internet will be adopted worldwide but never shared due to specific agendas, and even AI-integrated chat bots, survelance systems, management systems are in use of big companies, governmental authorities even way before it came in from to public.
No one can predict future but we are living and have to speculate what will happen next.

Very fortunately that we are not in a year like 2009 when Genesis block was mined by Satoshi Nakamoto. Time flies fast and we already have 15 years of Bitcoin existence to assess its technology, blockchain, use cases, utility and its survival through some bear markets and more special, some black swan events.

Every thing is being manipulated and BTC is also but to not that extent due to its of course decentralization factor. Overall, I will say, BTC really have enough potential to grow even if the ETFs will be rejected, but hey only the short term profit takers will be going to make wrong decisions, the one with long term plans are not.
If it is saying about market, Bitcoin market is similar to other markets, there are always existence of market manipulation. As an investor, we must have very long term view, and ignore short term volatility, market manipulations and look at more important fundamentals which make up value.

Price can be manipulated but value can not be manipulated. The challenge is how to assess value of an asset.

With Bitcoin, I strongly recommend to look at this one
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 02:58:12 PM by tranthidung »

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 03:21:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
Many of us would like the adoption of bitcoin to match the adoption of the internet, but I doubt it. I don't see the entire population using bitcoin, just as I don't see everyone carrying a mobile phone with internet. It's not going to be used for micro payments, the blockchain won't support it, LN doesn't solve the problem and there are too many much better alternatives. It is a better store of value than currency and there are a lot of people who won't use it.

Offline tranthidung

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Many of us would like the adoption of bitcoin to match the adoption of the internet, but I doubt it.
I agree that it is kind of comparative exaggeration but the bottom line from this, still make sense, in my opinion.

I can not win and don't want to be a winner in any discussion that Bitcoin is better than the Internet. Because I see a more important thing, nobody can deny that Bitcoin has changed the world and has potentially achieved something bigger in future. No one can deny that the Internet actually changed the world entirely so if they don't see the potential of Bitcoin, something is wrong in their thinking.

I don't see the entire population using bitcoin, just as I don't see everyone carrying a mobile phone with internet.
There is no perfection on Earth and Bitcoin won't reach to perfection.

If there are unbanked people, there will be unBitcoined.

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 894
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 19, 2024, 04:44:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
If it is saying about market, Bitcoin market is similar to other markets, there are always existence of market manipulation. As an investor, we must have very long term view, and ignore short term volatility, market manipulations and look at more important fundamentals which make up value.

Price can be manipulated but value can not be manipulated. The challenge is how to assess value of an asset.

With Bitcoin, I strongly recommend to look at this one
Your words are deep, at first I did not realize their weight of it, but still I think that BTC price and value can be manipulated, because if a group of miners can collude with each other in order to create dust in the network to manipulate the transaction fee then how would the price and value can't be manipulated by bad actors.

Or maybe I still not seeing at the bigger picture, please help me to see it with your eyes then.
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██