follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Crypto nomads and taxation  (Read 363 times)

Offline Daiana

• Activity: 48
  • New in crypto, very interested in stablecoins
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 05:47:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter 10 Posts Avatar
Crypto nomads and taxation
« on: May 03, 2024, 05:49:16 PM »
Crypto offers freedom for digital nomads but it also introduces complex tax questions. For those of us without U.S. citizenship—where citizens are taxed on worldwide income regardless of where they live—the question becomes: where do we declare our crypto earnings? With Starlink, trading or earning in crypto while traveling has never been easier.

But how do you handle tax obligations in a world that hasn't yet fully adapted to the nomadic lifestyle fueled by digital currencies? Do you declare taxes in the country of your citizenship, your residence, or where you are physically located while trading? And which country is the best to be a tax resident in when it comes to crypto?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Crypto nomads and taxation
« on: May 03, 2024, 05:49:16 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Online Findingnemo

• Activity: 842
  • Last Active: Today at 09:00:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Poll Voter Search Karma
Re: Crypto nomads and taxation
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 08:44:02 PM »
Where do I live not any specific taxes for cryptos yet but it still comes under the income tax for sure, so I report them and make it as low as possible so that I can pay zero taxes while still holding the crypto with occasionally cashing out profits but not sure how things will turn out in future whether there will be even cryptos transactions will be considered as taxable or has to pay only on the capital gains or whatever, have to wait.

Offline Daiana

• View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 05:55:22 AM »
I know that in some Nordic countries, you have to show all of your transactions that you have made but only pay taxes on your gains.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1791
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 17, 2024, 11:03:08 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 05:33:21 PM »
Do you declare taxes in the country of your citizenship, your residence, or where you are physically located while trading? And which country is the best to be a tax resident in when it comes to crypto?
Don't you have to pay them all, depending on your citizenship etc? I'm not familiar with how taxation law in other countries works, but in my country, I'd have to pay whenever I trade crypto, which means I don't have to declare it as a regular income. I'm not sure how to answer if we don't know which specific countries we live in and where we are right now, since no regulation in the world is exactly 1:1. CMIIW.

Offline Daiana

• View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 07:33:41 PM »
Do you declare taxes in the country of your citizenship, your residence, or where you are physically located while trading? And which country is the best to be a tax resident in when it comes to crypto?
Don't you have to pay them all, depending on your citizenship etc? I'm not familiar with how taxation law in other countries works, but in my country, I'd have to pay whenever I trade crypto, which means I don't have to declare it as a regular income. I'm not sure how to answer if we don't know which specific countries we live in and where we are right now, since no regulation in the world is exactly 1:1. CMIIW.

Okay so you pay capital gain tax then. It of course will depend on if you get crypto as a salary (performing work) or as trading. Yes, the regulations are very different in the different countries. Some are better then others, and that was what I wanted to discuss :) The Nordic countries for example require you to show all of your transactions but you only need to pay taxes for specific transactions.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG