follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: The SEC vs. Binance: My Thoughts on the Recent Complaint  (Read 12593 times)

Offline Adams-Richard

• Activity: 50
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 05, 2023, 07:19:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts One year Anniversary 10 Posts
The SEC vs. Binance: My Thoughts on the Recent Complaint
« on: June 06, 2023, 12:05:07 PM »

Okay, so based on what I've been seeing all over social media, it seems like things between Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, and federal officials are really getting intense. The relationship between them has become quite intertwined, and I must say, the tension is running quite high.

On Monday morning, a public announcement was revealed that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has lodged 13 charges against Binance. While this news may have caused some investors to panic, it is not entirely unexpected, given that it marks the second instance of Federal regulators accusing Binance of circumventing regulations aimed at safeguarding investors within the United States.

I won't go into too much detail because I'm sure you are all well aware of all of the details of the conflict between the two parties. But the reason I am writing today is because I wanted to share my perspective and thoughts on the matter.

Is Binance.US actually made to act as a shield for the main company?

If you've only come across the SEC's accusation, you might momentarily think it makes sense. You may think that CZ or Changpeng Zhao, the founder of the exchange, created Binance.US with the intention of bypassing their own controls, allowing affluent U.S. investors and customers to continue trading on their unregulated international exchange, right?

However, according to CZ, all the allegations made against their crypto trading platform for US residents are completely false.
As we know, security remains one of the biggest challenges and concerns for crypto trading exchanges. It was one of the reasons that affected Binance's business in the United States. That's why they made the decision to launch Binance.US in 2019 in order to comply with US regulations.

From my perspective, it's quite intriguing that the SEC didn't reach out to the company first to discuss the facts, especially considering the significant efforts put in by the team to showcase the safety and security of the Binance.US platforms.
While it's possible that the SEC's allegations hold some truth, it's also possible that their intention here wasn't really about protecting investors, but rather making sensational headlines.

Do the Binance allegations resemble the FTX downfall?

It seems like some of the allegations against Binance actually resemble the actions that caused FTX's downfall, leading to criminal charges against Mr. Bankman-Fried for misusing customer deposits for various business operations and donations.

But will Binance meet the same fate as FTX? I highly doubt it.

Considering Binance's evident disappointment with how the SEC handled the situation and their strong determination to vigorously defend their platform against any accusations, it's unlikely that Binance will face a similar outcome as FTX.
In fact, as stated in their official announcement, Binance plans to collaborate with industry partners to safeguard this crucial technology from baseless lawsuits.

Closing Thoughts

When entering the crypto space, we should always be prepared for situations like this to arise. I mean, Binance isn't the only crypto exchange that has faced such challenges. It's no surprise that the SEC is taking a tough stance on this matter, considering the inherent risks involved in crypto exchanges.

The nature of cryptocurrencies, being constantly evolving, brings unique challenges when it comes to regulation and security. The SEC's strict approach reflects its duty to protect investors and ensure the stability of the market. As cryptocurrencies gain more popularity, regulatory bodies have to keep up with compliance and address potential risks that come with these digital assets.

While it may seem like a tough road for crypto exchanges to navigate through regulations, it's actually a necessary step to establish a safer and more trustworthy crypto ecosystem. By following the rules, not only do investors feel more secure, but it also helps build credibility and legitimacy in the industry. As the crypto space continues to evolve, we can expect regulators to fine-tune their strategies, finding a balance between fostering innovation and safeguarding investors.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:24:50 AM by Adams-Richard »

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

The SEC vs. Binance: My Thoughts on the Recent Complaint
« on: June 06, 2023, 12:05:07 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online Doovla

• 1 strike
  • Activity: 472
  • Last Active: Today at 05:02:43 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Super active 50 Posts in one day too active, 25 Posts in one day Fifth year Anniversary
Re: The SEC vs. Binance: My Thoughts on the Recent Complaint
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 04:04:43 PM »
Binance previous CEO owner have much mistakes in control of users privacy and assets. It was wide open like transparency which cause many hackers attacks. Also he give money to many people out there that he should not give. Community suffered helplessly and final that come to end when facts show.

Offline damsix

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2466
  • Last Active: April 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 05:46:48 AM »

It seems like some of the allegations against Binance actually resemble the actions that caused FTX's downfall, leading to criminal charges against Mr. Bankman-Fried for misusing customer deposits for various business operations and donations.

But will Binance meet the same fate as FTX?
The story of Binance and FTX is very different, because FTX was created to deceive all investors and users.
Sam Bankman-Fried deliberately created mistakes for himself with various projects that he couldn't handle and he then destroyed himself, selling all the LUNA tokens, FTX etc.

Binance will not be like that because Binance's problem is with the SEC and the SEC is an external party or outside of Binance.
The regulations provided by the SEC may also be for the good of Binance itself so that it can be more trusted by users in America.
retire and rest in peace

IyemRoker

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 03:51:30 PM »
I will continue to support Binance because until now I still have a few assets in Binance, it would be dangerous if Binance were to be frozen by the SEC.
Maybe this is also the best way for the SEC to dominate Binance, so that Binance can continue to protect its users in the future because this is a step for Binance to continue to be better.
But the problem is, why was BUSD removed from the cryptocurrency market? because BUSD is a coin created by Binance, there is a bit of SEC that I hate them. BUSD also provides many benefits if we hold it on Binance Exchange,like as reduce fee trading at Spot etc.

aiviaa485

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 02:39:05 PM »
This SEC is too extraordinary because it is very capable to be able to make a bad and good news to Binance that has an effect on all cryptocurrency prices.
Apart from the SEC regulation to Binance, I also fully support binance so that it continues to continue to provide strong evidence to SEC so that I can pass the verification perfectly.
If binance can pass from the SEC regulation, in the future this binance will be trusted by all investors, especially in America because this SEC is originally in America and Americans would be happy if Binance can escape the SEC regulation.

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2072
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 02:23:02 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 26
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 08:36:33 PM »
This SEC is too extraordinary because it is very capable to be able to make a bad and good news to Binance that has an effect on all cryptocurrency prices.
Apart from the SEC regulation to Binance, I also fully support binance so that it continues to continue to provide strong evidence to SEC so that I can pass the verification perfectly.
If binance can pass from the SEC regulation, in the future this binance will be trusted by all investors, especially in America because this SEC is originally in America and Americans would be happy if Binance can escape the SEC regulation.
If the law has been manipulated to take sides, it is certain that there is a desired benefit. The SEC seems to be making this issue into a political element because the differences seem to be real, but many people know it is for something that clearly benefits the SEC and where the SEC is located.
But everyone knows that the shock is only momentary, and BNB can return to trading, which continues to increase again. I believe Binance is on the right path, and we will see what the future holds.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1603
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:19:18 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 08:53:46 PM »

SEC does what it does even when they know they have no clear regulation about crypto.
they can also sense CZ knows how to circumvent the rules in the business. so yes its possible that he also created binance.US for the sole purpose and i guess US took over that office i believe and also CZ paid to settle things. it looks okay now.

i don't think this is happening either. CZ knows the business too well. but i agree this issue had been politicized since CZ contributed to the collapse of FTX. so politicized to a point that they allegedly point out binance is backed by Chinese government.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 08:53:46 PM »

Offline jonathancool220

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1980
  • Last Active: February 20, 2024, 05:36:07 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 03:05:48 AM »
i don't think this is happening either. CZ knows the business too well. but i agree this issue had been politicized since CZ contributed to the collapse of FTX. so politicized to a point that they allegedly point out binance is backed by Chinese government.
I am in Changpeng Zhao's position because I see that the Binance application is also continuously present and continues to be updated all the time.
Binance has also recently launched a Launchpad event, from what I saw there were 3 new projects launched such as AI, XAI, MANTA and ALT. I'm stay here for Binance.
This means that Binance still has ample opportunity to pass and gain a good reputation from the SEC because simply, this project from Binance is running continuously and smoothly.

Offline KryptoBull

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2904
  • ₿itcoin maximalist
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:23:42 AM
    • View Profile

Sixth year Anniversary 10 Polls 2500 Posts
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 05:10:08 PM »
I will continue to support Binance because until now I still have a few assets in Binance, it would be dangerous if Binance were to be frozen by the SEC.
Maybe this is also the best way for the SEC to dominate Binance, so that Binance can continue to protect its users in the future because this is a step for Binance to continue to be better.
But the problem is, why was BUSD removed from the cryptocurrency market? because BUSD is a coin created by Binance, there is a bit of SEC that I hate them. BUSD also provides many benefits if we hold it on Binance Exchange,like as reduce fee trading at Spot etc.
I will also continue to support Binance by using the services of this CEX.

The SEC can sue Binance for many reasons, but currently Binance has paid a fine related to money laundering allegations, the securities issue cannot be clarified and is waiting for new laws from the US congress.

Binance US is only a small part of Binance Global, the SEC cannot touch the great empire that CZ has built over the years  8)

Binance is not FTX. Binance does not use user funds for private purposes. FTX and Sam are dangerous criminals who appropriated the assets of millions of people  >:(

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 08:34:24 AM »
I am in Changpeng Zhao's position because I see that the Binance application is also continuously present and continues to be updated all the time.
Binance has also recently launched a Launchpad event, from what I saw there were 3 new projects launched such as AI, XAI, MANTA and ALT. I'm stay here for Binance.
This means that Binance still has ample opportunity to pass and gain a good reputation from the SEC because simply, this project from Binance is running continuously and smoothly.
There is no need to worry about Binance, and I also have the same confidence in CZ, who can always make his best contribution to Binance. Many people always support CZ for the problems he is facing, but that doesn't make Binance worse.There is no need to doubt the reputation that Binance has and will have in the future; it will continue to get the best and highest trust from many groups.

Offline NikeFit_7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1208
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: Today at 03:08:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2024, 10:44:17 AM »
I will also continue to support Binance by using the services of this CEX.

The SEC can sue Binance for many reasons, but currently Binance has paid a fine related to money laundering allegations, the securities issue cannot be clarified and is waiting for new laws from the US congress.

Binance US is only a small part of Binance Global, the SEC cannot touch the great empire that CZ has built over the years  8)

Binance is not FTX. Binance does not use user funds for private purposes. FTX and Sam are dangerous criminals who appropriated the assets of millions of people  >:(
Honestly. I personally stopped using this exchange for several reasons:

1. In 2021 - started blocking accounts for unknown reasons;
2. Non-compliance with the rules that they themselves write during listings.
3. Of course problems with the creator of CZ. 1 minute and he'll be arrested for fraud.

P.S. You do realize that if he goes to jail, at any moment your funds on the exchange can be frozen. It is better not to trust exchanges + BSC network will be frozen in case of bad scenario. No way, I don't want to scare anyone. Just a thought.  8)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1042
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 02:33:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 12:03:45 PM »
There is no need to worry about Binance, and I also have the same confidence in CZ, who can always make his best contribution to Binance. Many people always support CZ for the problems he is facing, but that doesn't make Binance worse.There is no need to doubt the reputation that Binance has and will have in the future; it will continue to get the best and highest trust from many groups.
But sadly Binance had been in the verge of being banned in our country , they have been given 90 days since December to comply in our SEC regulation or will be blocked from our IPs , this is the problem of the people here because majority of us are users of Their P2P and yeah we are dependent in this exchange .

Offline yohananaomi

• Legendary
    • View Profile

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 09:40:04 PM »
But sadly Binance had been in the verge of being banned in our country , they have been given 90 days since December to comply in our SEC regulation or will be blocked from our IPs , this is the problem of the people here because majority of us are users of Their P2P and yeah we are dependent in this exchange .
concerned about the prohibitions that your government will impose and must interfere in this issue.
Be patient, they all also need a process, but I am sure the CZ and SEC problems will have a meeting point and produce the best way.
After all, there is a mutual need for things like this.
If only blocking IP, I think everyone understands what can be done, and many countries have done that, but not too much, and there is still a way out.
Hopefully, they can finish this soon.

Offline masudginanjar

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1854
  • Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: February 20, 2024, 06:52:33 AM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 07:05:42 AM »
P.S. You do realize that if he goes to jail, at any moment your funds on the exchange can be frozen. It is better not to trust exchanges + BSC network will be frozen in case of bad scenario. No way, I don't want to scare anyone. Just a thought.  8)
Well, it could be that as you said, all assets that are based on Binance will be frozen and that is very scary.
Binance has many integrated platforms such as Binance Exchange, Binance DEX, Binance Wallet (Safepal), Binance Smart Chain and many more.

If CZ is in prison and all assets from Binance are frozen then I will definitely lose my assets if I own BNB or coins based on Binance.
Even though now the CEO of Binance has changed to Richard Teng, the influence of CZ in prison will still have a negative effect on the BNB coin.
THORMIXER██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  Anonymous Bitcoin Mixer 
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀███▄
▄████████████▄▄██▀██▄
▄█████████████▀██▄████▄
▄██████████████▄▀██████▄
██████████████▀█▄████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████▄█▀████████
▀██████████████▀▄██████▀
▀█████████████▄██▀████▀
▀████████████▀▀██▄██▀
▀██████████▄▄███▀
▀▀███████▀▀

ONION
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
START MIX.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████

Offline NikeFit_7777

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1208
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR
  • Last Active: Today at 03:08:36 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    1000 Posts Karma Bad 500 Posts
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 09:11:43 AM »
Well, it could be that as you said, all assets that are based on Binance will be frozen and that is very scary.
Binance has many integrated platforms such as Binance Exchange, Binance DEX, Binance Wallet (Safepal), Binance Smart Chain and many more.

If CZ is in prison and all assets from Binance are frozen then I will definitely lose my assets if I own BNB or coins based on Binance.
Even though now the CEO of Binance has changed to Richard Teng, the influence of CZ in prison will still have a negative effect on the BNB coin.
Absolutely right, once he is detained = the whole bnb network could become. + will be a sad situation with the bnb exchange rate. Don't forget, he may again be offered to pay a certain amount of money - to be left alone (for the time being). Too much CZ has made a mess of things that he can be held accountable for.

Reminder: Binance CZ founder's trial postponed to April 30 - CNBC

P.S. This is just my assumption. I do not guarantee that this is how it will be. In any case, it is worth diversifying your assets. Don't keep everything in one basket.  ???
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██