follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: NEWS SECTION  (Read 5722 times)

Offline ZionRTZ

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1628
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: November 22, 2020, 08:45:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
NEWS SECTION
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:07 AM »
I got used to reading cryptocurrency news in this forum's news section without having to open any link. It looks like some posters have gotten a bit lazy and just post few words and then a link. I'm not also sure if that was really intended to drive traffic to their site (and be monetized).

There is no specific rule to post the entire content but at least give readers more idea or a summary what it's all about
1- Post about stuff in the news
2- Put a link to original article if possible

Some Example:

A tax bill aimed at refining the Internal Revenue Service’s treatment of cryptocurrencies has moved to the U.S. House of Representatives Ways & Means Committee
https://www.cryptoinformers.info/news/10294-crypto-bill-amendment-introduced-in-the-us-house-of-representatives

I with all these threats against Facebook and all the allegations, do you think Facebook Libra will be success?

See what British MP said here: https://www.cryptoinformers.info/news/201-british-mp-expresses-worry-want-to-probe-facebooks-libra

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

NEWS SECTION
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:07 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2075
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: April 18, 2024, 11:09:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: NEWS SECTION
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
I sent him a message.

In such cases, you can use such message:

Hi
When posting in the news section please make sure the posts have enough information
At least a paragraphe of text before adding a link.

The news section is a legit source of info and not a section to just send users to some news blogs/sites

At your service.

Offline Cisco

• Activity: 65
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: October 20, 2020, 05:52:37 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 11
    10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:04:16 AM »
It's weird enough. I've been publishing a lot of news with full details during my early posts and received a warning from a moderator.

Hi!

Forum is intended for communication. If you continue to publish only news from other sites, get a strike.

BR,

[name hidden]

Moderation Team

The warning made me think that news related sections are restricted. Should admin have some guidelines on this?

Online Bigpat

• Padawan
  • Activity: 11878
  • Referrals: 6
  • Last Active: Today at 06:19:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 36
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 06:24:41 AM »
It's weird enough. I've been publishing a lot of news with full details during my early posts and received a warning from a moderator.

Forum is primarily intended for communication. Publishing only news can be regarded as spam and an attempt to thus increase rating on the forum. You need to understand this.

Offline Cisco

• View Profile

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 06:53:47 AM »

Forum is primarily intended for communication. Publishing only news can be regarded as spam and an attempt to thus increase rating on the forum. You need to understand this.
How do you define "spam"? According to Oxford, spam is "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients". Don't you see that publishing news serves a number of people's needs?

Online Bigpat

• Padawan
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 07:17:12 AM »

How do you define "spam"? According to Oxford, spam is "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients". Don't you see that publishing news serves a number of people's needs?

In this content we are talking only about quantitative spam. Beginners usually do not check whether such news was published or not.
For example, warning message above was sent to only 10+ people on a 60K forum users. That says a lot. Most forum users behave according to rules. And they understand when to publish news, and when not.

Communication on the forum is only welcome. At the same time, you will learn a lot of new things for yourself and share your information received. And at the same time, as a result, the rank grows much faster.

Offline Cisco

• View Profile

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:21:08 PM »
In this content we are talking only about quantitative spam. Beginners usually do not check whether such news was published or not.
Deleting off topic/duplicate posts should be a moderator's duties and obviously it's not my case.

Communication on the forum is only welcome. At the same time, you will learn a lot of new things for yourself and share your information received. And at the same time, as a result, the rank grows much faster.
I'd rather be silent than shitposting all around forum with over 9000 one-line posts/year. Even in the forum X, I couldn't find anyone has such same posting production.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:21:08 PM »

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 2075
  • dev@
  • Referrals: 14
  • Last Active: April 18, 2024, 11:09:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 31
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:56 PM »
Deleting off topic/duplicate posts should be a moderator's duties and obviously it's not my case.

I'd rather be silent than shitposting all around forum with over 9000 one-line posts/year. Even in the forum X, I couldn't find anyone has such same posting production.

You have some valid points,
But for news
You should have enough content in the post  for users to understand the topic, but also not copy/paste entire article
Ideally modify the content to describe it in your own words, or at least try to.
Also it's important to communicate with others, ask and answer questions
At your service.

Online Bigpat

• Padawan
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 08:48:13 PM »

Please read rules: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?topic=5056:
"Do not post duplicate news". Before publishing, you need verify that no one has published this news before you.

Please note that I also have a lot of karma. Forum users appreciate my advice and help.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG