follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Mike Novogratz, Brian Armstrong Take Aim at Jamie Dimon's Bitcoin Criticism  (Read 409 times)

Offline XM8

• Activity: 1108
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: January 10, 2024, 08:00:25 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
Jamie Dimon, the chairman and CEO of JP Morgan Chase, has once again sparked a backlash from the crypto community over his statements on Bitcoin.

Speaking at an Institute of International Finance event on Monday, Dimon called Bitcoin “worthless,” stressing, however, that JPM clients "disagree" and that even though JPM can't custody Bitcoin, it can give its clients “legitimate, as-clean-as-possible access" to crypto.

Yet it was Dimon's questioning of Bitcoin’s 21 million supply cap that caused the real ire.

'Bitcoin Is Worthless' but 'Clients Disagree': JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon
Despite a 17% rise in the price of Bitcoin over the past week, one crypto bear remains unenthused. “I personally think Bitcoin is worthless,” said Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan, during the ann...

News
Business
Liam J. Kelly
Oct 12, 2021
3 min read 
Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous inventor of the world’s first cryptocurrency, capped the number of Bitcoins at 21 million, meaning there will only ever be 21 million coins in existence.

Bitcoin's limited supply is viewed as an advantage compared to fiat currencies, as it keeps the cryptocurrency scarce, theoretically ensuring that its value holds steady over the years. It's for this reason that Bitcoin is often framed as "digital gold," a store-of-value investment.

“I'll just challenge the group to one other thing: how do you know it ends at 21 million?” asked Dimon. “You all read the algorithms? You guys all believe that? I don't know, I've always been a skeptic of stuff like that.”

Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong responded directly in a tweet.

“Yes, I read it. And then I wrote it (coding up our own Bitcoin node) to make sure I understood it."

Yes, I read it.

And then I wrote it (coding up our own Bitcoin node) to make sure I understood it. https://t.co/yg46xyvkMq

— Brian Armstrong (@brian_armstrong) October 11, 2021

Armstrong went on to say that “CEOs without a science/engineering background are going to be at a disadvantage in the coming decades,” because “software is eating the world, changing every industry.”

“Luckily, the tools to learn it are available online for free, and are getting better and better. It's accessible to almost anyone, if they are willing to power through it, and at least learn the basics,” he added.more information
                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄██▄ █████████
████████ ████████ ███████▄██ █████▄ ███████
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                 
A collection of 3333 unique Dogetankers
and New Play to earn (P2E) NFT game
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

For Monthly biddings Check Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG