follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Gold and Bitcoin  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1065
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:49:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
Gold and Bitcoin
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:54:49 PM »
If you mention gold in a public space, I believe that 100% of people in that place will actually know what gold is, and they know that gold is a valuable asset that can be traded for real money, but if you mention bitcoin in the same public space, only about 80% of people or less will know what bitcoin really is. Some of those people may have heard about Bitcoin but may not have the proper knowledge about Bitcoin.

So, my question is, for those of you that actually have good knowledge about Bitcoin and gold, which will you love to invest in, and what is your reason for choosing the asset?

Let's share ideas.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Gold and Bitcoin
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:54:49 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline hugeblack

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1678
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 09:30:14 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Quick Poster Karma Bad Karma Good
Re: Gold and Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 10:22:53 AM »
People do not know about Bitcoin because it is something new. 10 years ago, most of us did not know anything about Bitcoin, and 20 years ago, Bitcoin did not exist, but gold has been linked to humans since ancient times, so we have to wait for another 20 years, and everyone may know or use Bitcoin. In addition to that, you You do not need everyone to know about Bitcoin as much as companies and financial institutions invest in it. If all companies invested 10% of all their assets in Bitcoin, the price would rise insanely compared to the investment of 40% of the world’s population.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1934
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 11:09:20 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter too active, 25 Posts in one day Karma Good
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 11:32:35 AM »
If you mention gold in a public space, I believe that 100% of people in that place will actually know what gold is, and they know that gold is a valuable asset that can be traded for real money, but if you mention bitcoin in the same public space, only about 80% of people or less will know what bitcoin really is. Some of those people may have heard about Bitcoin but may not have the proper knowledge about Bitcoin.

So, my question is, for those of you that actually have good knowledge about Bitcoin and gold, which will you love to invest in, and what is your reason for choosing the asset?

Let's share ideas.

I would suggest...both gold and bitcoin. Moreover - I would suggest other investment options as well. The key word is DIVERSIFICATION !
This approach allows you to minimize the risks of "drawdown" of one asset and compensate the loss with income from another asset. Yes, of course you should choose those assets that have potential. For example, investing in buttons, irons and benches is not a good choice :)
There is a large set of consistently attractive assets for investment, and gold is definitely one of them. Bitcoin - yes also attractive but with a nuance - its volatility and the strong influence of regulators on its value.
Volatility is both a disadvantage and an advantage from the investment point of view.

Offline Peter90

• Activity: 765
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 01:23:11 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    Quick Poster 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 04:46:47 PM »
I would suggest...both gold and bitcoin.

Damn! you too fast!  :D

So, my question is, for those of you that actually have good knowledge about Bitcoin and gold, which will you love to invest in, and what is your reason for choosing the asset

I agree 100% with Dr. Beer
do both.

In gold forums you read often of investors playing with cryptos and then putting the gains into gold.
Sometimes someone announces selling gold in order to buy cryptos, but then they get a lot of s**t thrown at them  :D

The most important part of this story is that when you buy gold you buy bars and coins of which you become the sole legal owner.
Many people think they are invested in gold while all they have bought is some creative finance product.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 04:32:10 PM »
I would suggest...both gold and bitcoin.

Damn! you too fast!  :D

So, my question is, for those of you that actually have good knowledge about Bitcoin and gold, which will you love to invest in, and what is your reason for choosing the asset

I agree 100% with Dr. Beer
do both.

In gold forums you read often of investors playing with cryptos and then putting the gains into gold.
Sometimes someone announces selling gold in order to buy cryptos, but then they get a lot of s**t thrown at them  :D

The most important part of this story is that when you buy gold you buy bars and coins of which you become the sole legal owner.
Many people think they are invested in gold while all they have bought is some creative finance product.

Next time I will inform before publishing the post  ;D

If we go back to investments - I came to the realization a long time ago that mono-investment is a very risky and wrong way. Because it does not provide a solution to the problem of compensation of risks of situational losses.
For example, gold+bitcoin pair compensates well for the "drawdown" of one of the assets, which allows you not to "drain" it by fixing losses, but to hold it until the next pampa (this is to mention the usefulness of bitcoin's wild volatility).

Well, if you have the opportunity, you should expand this portfolio. Real estate is a great option!  And it is not necessary to buy a whole "residential complex" at once - it is enough to buy 1-2 apartments, normal layout, at the very beginning of the development and after commissioning - to sell! There are really legal restrictions, in my country, for example, when reselling real estate less than 3 years after purchase - you have to pay a sensitive tax.  Therefore, I buy with the calculation of "freeze" for at least 36 months.
At the same time, the profit from such an investment, for example, in terms of dollars - higher than the investment in gold for the same period.
Or for example, numismatics - I have in my portfolio a mixture of my childhood hobby and current interests - gold and silver coins. Less high profit - but it is precious metals, in rare editions, whose value is guaranteed to be higher every year. But this is a delicate topic, there are a lot of nuances. But I like it - and for the soul, and beautiful, and gives income :) 

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 09:52:57 PM »
Real estate is a great option!  And it is not necessary to buy a whole "residential complex" at once - it is enough to buy 1-2 apartments, normal layout, at the very beginning of the development and after commissioning - to sell!

This is interesting
Usually at investing in real estate one think of buying already finished, ready-to-get-used objects. It's rare to think of buying an object at the beginning of the construction work and selling it before it gets occupied.
Me, I would buy objects from distressed owners. You know, public auctions following insolvency proceedings.
Usually not many people participate to those auctions, and if you are lucky and have the chance of inform yourself about the object before the auction - which isn't easy - you can catch some good bargain.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:57:47 AM »
Real estate is a great option!  And it is not necessary to buy a whole "residential complex" at once - it is enough to buy 1-2 apartments, normal layout, at the very beginning of the development and after commissioning - to sell!

This is interesting
Usually at investing in real estate one think of buying already finished, ready-to-get-used objects. It's rare to think of buying an object at the beginning of the construction work and selling it before it gets occupied.
Me, I would buy objects from distressed owners. You know, public auctions following insolvency proceedings.
Usually not many people participate to those auctions, and if you are lucky and have the chance of inform yourself about the object before the auction - which isn't easy - you can catch some good bargain.

There is a small nuance, I do not know how it is in other countries, but in my country, if you buy from the company-developer, conditionally when they are just beginning to prepare the foundation of the house, the square of which I buy an apartment, it is cheaper than when the "box" is already built on all floors. This is the main option to reduce investments in the primary market. After the box of the house is built, the price of the same apartment is already higher by about 20-30%. After 3 years, when selling such an apartment, gives a total profit of about 100-120%. That, to me, looks quite good even in comparison with gold and bitcoin.

But again I note - so works this scheme in my country, with our legislation and our real estate market. I assume that in other countries it may work differently

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 09:57:47 AM »

Offline Sim_card

• Activity: 801
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 11:23:24 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 09:50:29 PM »
Having both gold and bitcoin is good when you are rich but for a pleb like myself, bitcoin is the best because it is open for both the poor and the rich to invest. Unlike gold that is only the rich that can invest in it because of the cost to buy gold. Bitcoin can be bought in fraction with a small as $5 or$10, and bitcoin gives more profit than gold over time. I believe that as time passes by bitcoin will be known by many and the rate of adoption will increase which will also make the price of bitcoin to increase significantly.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2024, 10:33:11 AM »
Having both gold and bitcoin is good when you are rich but for a pleb like myself, bitcoin is the best because it is open for both the poor and the rich to invest. Unlike gold that is only the rich that can invest in it because of the cost to buy gold. Bitcoin can be bought in fraction with a small as $5 or$10, and bitcoin gives more profit than gold over time. I believe that as time passes by bitcoin will be known by many and the rate of adoption will increase which will also make the price of bitcoin to increase significantly.

First of all you should never belittle and underestimate yourself !
In the second - tell us how much it will cost you a transaction when you buy and transfer to your wallet for example bitcoins bought for 5,10,25, 50, 100 dollars. And now look at bank bullion, even if it weighs 1 gram ? Look at the costs, look at the graphs of value. I think such diversification is quite an acceptable option, even if you do not have huge reserves of "extra" money !

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1065
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:49:32 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2024, 10:00:18 PM »

Gold is not a bad investment to start with, just as Bitcoin is also a very good choice of investment. You are right that Bitcoin investment is actually what anyone can go into, both the poor and the rich. For gold investment too, I think you can choose to buy some fraction of gold that is very light and has a small weight that can equal the amount you actually want to buy; for example, you can get it for $100 or even less. If you want to invest in gold, you can make inquiries from trusted gold dealers in your region, and you will find out more information. Also, there are some pieces of jewelry that have a lower quantity of gold, so they have less weight, and you can actually get one for $50, and when the price of gold goes up, you can resell it.

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2024, 05:05:18 PM »

There is a small nuance, I do not know how it is in other countries, but in my country, if you buy from the company-developer, conditionally when they are just beginning to prepare the foundation of the house, the square of which I buy an apartment, it is cheaper than when the "box" is already built on all floors. This is the main option to reduce investments in the primary market. After the box of the house is built, the price of the same apartment is already higher by about 20-30%. After 3 years, when selling such an apartment, gives a total profit of about 100-120%. That, to me, looks quite good even in comparison with gold and bitcoin.

But again I note - so works this scheme in my country, with our legislation and our real estate market. I assume that in other countries it may work differently

Well I think in all countries it is similar because paying before the building is finished you are basically paying upfront, so it's normal that the price paid is less than the price of the finished object.
Basically you are financing the construction of the building, taking up the risk that the company - for example - go insolvent, or that for whatever reason the building doesn't get finished making you lose the invested money.

Offline Evgenklm

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2055
  • Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
  • Last Active: April 08, 2024, 09:02:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2024, 05:32:00 PM »
I would probably choose Bitcoin because it is an innovative technology that is still undervalued and has huge growth potential. It is also a digital currency with a limited supply, which makes it more unique. Of course, gold is always in price and it is a physical asset with a long history of stability, but still I am for technology!
SWG.IO.
Smart World
Global Token
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██████████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▄█████▀▒▒▀█████▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀██▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▀█▀▒▒▒
▄███▄▒▒▒▒▒▄████▄▒▒▒▒▒▄███▄
▀██▀▒▒▒▒▒▀████▀▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▀▀▒▒▄██▄
▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▄▒▒▄█████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██████▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀
BINANCE
#SWGT
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
.BUY NOW.
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███  ICOHOLDER  ███
✅ TOP-3 PRE-SALE
✅ 4.45 RATING

Offline Peter90

• View Profile

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 05:43:15 PM »
Gold is not a bad investment to start with, just as Bitcoin is also a very good choice of investment. You are right that Bitcoin investment is actually what anyone can go into, both the poor and the rich. For gold investment too, I think you can choose to buy some fraction of gold that is very light and has a small weight that can equal the amount you actually want to buy; for example, you can get it for $100 or even less. If you want to invest in gold, you can make inquiries from trusted gold dealers in your region, and you will find out more information. Also, there are some pieces of jewelry that have a lower quantity of gold, so they have less weight, and you can actually get one for $50, and when the price of gold goes up, you can resell it.

Very good point Doctor!

One of the traditional obstacles in investing in physical gold is that there are not many gold items with different weight, and gold is very expensive (1 gram = 65 $ today) so if the gold shop offers an item costing 500$ and the next costs 1500$, how can you invest 700$?
You can't! (Unless - like you say - you buy an item with 50% gold and 50% something else.)

And what if you want to invest only 50$?
You can't! (or it is very difficult!)
The minimum amount is very high!

Physical gold is not divisible at will.
This is where gold-backed stablecoins come into play.

Kinesis, for example. Kinesis gold tokens (KAU) are divisible into smaller fractions.
1 KAU gives you ownership of 1 gram gold, but you can buy 0,001 KAU!
which means your minimum investment in gold is 0,06$

This is a huge benefit for savers in not-rich regions!
This is one the benefits offered by the partnership between Kinesis and the government of Indonesia!

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 03:21:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2024, 06:20:17 PM »

Let's share ideas.

I have some physical gold and more bitcoin relative to the gold I own. I have gold because I like it, it has a nice colour, it is a classic store of value and you can touch it. Bitcoin you can't touch but it's easier to hold large amounts and send it far away. Some people say that bitcoin is like an improved digital gold, and I partly agree, but for me bitcoin will not kill the gold market because it has a lot of physical applications in jewellery and industry that bitcoin doesn't have.

Offline DrBeer

• Legendary
  • Coinomize.biz
    • View Profile

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 07:56:18 PM »

Well I think in all countries it is similar because paying before the building is finished you are basically paying upfront, so it's normal that the price paid is less than the price of the finished object.
Basically you are financing the construction of the building, taking up the risk that the company - for example - go insolvent, or that for whatever reason the building doesn't get finished making you lose the invested money.

Risks - they're everywhere :)
If you study the history and performance of the developer company well, they can be very much reduced. This also applies, for example, to investments in crypto-projects - the times of total HYIPs are over, and now only a few projects give real profit. Therefore, it is always necessary to study information about the object of investment. And even about bitcoin :) For example, watching the "wild rush". analyzing charts and events affecting the value of Bitcoin, you can come to a logical conclusion - to invest now, and if yes, then for what period to count on. Or not, and after what period to buy.
Gold on this background looks quite stable growing, but without huge multipliers of investments.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG