follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: keeping your assets i stablecoin in bear market until the bottom be worth doing?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1611
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 10:56:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Starter 10 Poll Votes Search

here's a situation, lets say you made money up to $300K this bull run and then you keep it on USDT and then waiting for the market to bottom. 

would it change your position and not keep them in stablecoin instead if looking at the future that $300k might not have its purchasing power due to inflation?

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline tjtonmoy

• Activity: 458
  • Last Active: April 29, 2024, 11:20:15 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Bad Poll Voter Topic Starter

here's a situation, lets say you made money up to $300K this bull run and then you keep it on USDT and then waiting for the market to bottom. 

would it change your position and not keep them in stablecoin instead if looking at the future that $300k might not have its purchasing power due to inflation?
I think it depends on your approach towards the market. If you consider long-term HODLing to be your primary strategy then keeping them in a stable coin makes sense. You just find the bottom again and buy for the long term. Inflation however is a problem as you have mentioned. But dollar cost averaging could be a solution to that. Not the best solution but it could be worth the effort.

Also, gold or land could be a better option for that. Inflation won't affect that much and even if you face inflation, the price of those things will also rise. Keeping a balance on your portfolio.

Stablecoins are not so stable after all. If you keep money as money, it will lose its worth/value over time. That's why investing is the best way. In my opinion, waiting for the bottom is foolish, because while you wait for that, you could miss other opportunities in that process. Or the bottom that you have hopes for may never come.
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE.BEST.CRYPTO.MARKETING.AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Or the bottom that you have hopes for may never come.

that's a scarier. holding the stablecoin while the the bull run continues. i sure would be left behind.

it must be the dilemma anyone would face because its just 3 BTC per block soon, that quantity can easily be eaten by the assets manager. so its possible that bottom i'm looking might not happen. with money printing and inflation, BTC price could hit ATH to more than 300k but its the buying power of stablecoin to hold that is worrisome.

yes i do have plans to buy a property and maybe gold at least this hard asset wouldn't go away in case of black out.  ;D

Online PX-Z

• Activity: 1076
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 05:08:44 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
Still a better choice to keep it on stablecoins than holding it to volatile crypto when you're just waiting market to drop regardless of the inflation rate.
It's unlikely to boost inflation rate to 10% a year and thinking it's purchasing power is not an issue. Well, usually when inflation is keep increasing, news outlets becomes noisy and bitcoin price does too, so better to keep %% in stablecoins then the other is bitcoin.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████▄█████████████████▄
  ▄███████████████████████████▄
 ████████████████▄▀▀███████████
▄███████████████████ ▀█████████
█████████████▀▀      ▐█████
████████████        ▄██████
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
███████      ▀▀▀█████▀  █
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1422
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 12:48:41 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
Still a better choice to keep it on stablecoins than holding it to volatile crypto when you're just waiting market to drop regardless of the inflation rate.
It's unlikely to boost inflation rate to 10% a year and thinking it's purchasing power is not an issue. Well, usually when inflation is keep increasing, news outlets becomes noisy and bitcoin price does too, so better to keep %% in stablecoins then the other is bitcoin.
Good point. But my question here is that, does it need to be 50/50 or 60/40 in USDT-BTC? I mean how much do you think is the best percentage in that kind of situation mate as we are talking about inflation here.

I actually did this before in our local crypto wallet but just a small amount of capital that is why profit is not noticeable and fee is quiet high that time.

Offline Crwth

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1425
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 05:18:55 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    10 Poll Votes Karma Bad Poll Voter
If that were to happen to me and I have been holding it in FIAT and it dropped, I would be happy because I have made a profit with the initial buy that I have with the market. I will just buy again with what the market gives. Well, it's always going to be what I'm going to buy and it's probably BTC or ETH again.

It's not gonna affect too much because inflation is not that fast. You can still take advantage of the movement.
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
UniJoin.io Bitcoin Mixer
.|
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
|████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Online PX-Z

• Activity: 1076
  • Your Bitcoin Mixer
  • Last Active: Today at 05:08:44 AM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 1000 Posts Quick Poster
Good point. But my question here is that, does it need to be 50/50 or 60/40 in USDT-BTC? I mean how much do you think is the best percentage in that kind of situation mate as we are talking about inflation here.

I actually did this before in our local crypto wallet but just a small amount of capital that is why profit is not noticeable and fee is quiet high that time.
It always be a personal preference, how high the inflation rate, the condition of the current bull run — because if it take longer time to dump even you call yourself done and pull your holdings to keep it on stablecoins, you might end up thinking maybe price will still go up while being cautious that it may go dump suddenly and bear season starts. So stop-loss or limit-loss is your option.
But if you think you're done with it, then pull it all 100% on stablecoins regardless the inflation rate, its useless to think about it when you already  make profit as it will not appear to be necessary atm. Then wait til it dumps to a certain point that you can buy back BTC and call it profit. I will go 70/30 where btc/usd, or get the net profit you get on the current bull run then put back your capital into BTC for another round.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 10:07:53 PM by PX-Z »
             ▄▄█████████▄▄
▀███████████▌     ██████████▀
 █████
  ███████████▄         ▀▀▀ ▄▄█
   ▀████████████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄███▀
     ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

UniJoin.io   Your CoinJoin Mixer
▄▄██████▄▄
▄██████▀██████▄
▄███▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀███▄
▄███░░░▄███▄░░░███▄
████░░████▀▄█░░████
████░░█▄▀▄███░░████
▀████░░▀███▀░░████▀
▀████▄░░░░░▄████▀
▀█████▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO LOGS
▄▄██████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▌░▄▄▄░▐████▄
▄█████░▀░░░█░█████▄
██████▌░░█▀░▐██████
███████▄░▄░▄███████
▀████▀░░░░░░░▀████▀
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
▀██▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄██▀
▀▀█████▀▀
NO SIGN-UP
████████████████████████
█████████████▀▄▀████████
████████████▀▄█████████
██████████▀▌▄██████████
██████████▌███████████
█████████▀▄███▀█████████
██████▀▄▄██████▀███████
█████▀▄█▀▄████████████
██████▀▄█▌▐████▐█████
█████▌▐█▀▌▐█████▐█████
██████████████▄██████
███████▄▄██████▄████████
████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MIX ՈOW.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

I will go 70/30 where btc/usd, or get the net profit you get on the current bull run then put back your capital into BTC for another round.
Yeah this is what I actually did in the past unfortunately I used all of my capital and profits for me and my family's needs when we're ran out of money some years back. But if given a chance to survive hodling until 2025 I think this is what I gonna do because right now I'm on a DCA hopefully it will be having a good result soon.

Offline electronicash

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Re: keeping your assets in stablecoin in bear market until the bottom be worth
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 08:44:05 PM »

It always be a personal preference, how high the inflation rate, the condition of the current bull run — because if it take longer time to dump even you call yourself done and pull your holdings to keep it on stablecoins, you might end up thinking maybe price will still go up while being cautious that it may go dump suddenly and bear season starts. So stop-loss or limit-loss is your option.
But if you think you're done with it, then pull it all 100% on stablecoins regardless the inflation rate, its useless to think about it when you already  make profit as it will not appear to be necessary atm. Then wait til it dumps to a certain point that you can buy back BTC and call it profit. I will go 70/30 where btc/usd, or get the net profit you get on the current bull run then put back your capital into BTC for another round.

i am also planning to exchange them 100% to stablecoin but given the circumstances that somehow things could escalate quickly in living in a country where there is a constant threat for war, either blackout or no internet connection will just make the assets useless. what else could be an option for this situation other than gold?

in case however if what we thought to be the ATH isn't actually the ATH and price continues to go up, i think i will not chase the trade anymore. will just wait for the bear.

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1074
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 05:15:30 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 10:47:11 AM »
i am also planning to exchange them 100% to stablecoin but given the circumstances that somehow things could escalate quickly in living in a country where there is a constant threat for war, either blackout or no internet connection will just make the assets useless. what else could be an option for this situation other than gold?

in case however if what we thought to be the ATH isn't actually the ATH and price continues to go up, i think i will not chase the trade anymore. will just wait for the bear.
If you are waiting for the market to hit the bottom and the market suddenly increases its price, like it seems that the market is still not done falling, then it is advisable to split your investment into two parts. Keep one part in stablecoins as you have already made up your mind to not chase the market anymore as you already made your profit and invest the other half in non-crypto assets, such as gold or other progressing investments. This way, you can diversify your portfolio and have a fallback option while you wait for the market at the bottom.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline ajiz138

• Activity: 1110
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 05:00:25 PM »

If you are waiting for the market to hit the bottom and the market suddenly increases its price, like it seems that the market is still not done falling, then it is advisable to split your investment into two parts. Keep one part in stablecoins as you have already made up your mind to not chase the market anymore as you already made your profit and invest the other half in non-crypto assets, such as gold or other progressing investments. This way, you can diversify your portfolio and have a fallback option while you wait for the market at the bottom.
The truth is that we can't be sure where the lows will be and where the highs will be, we can only speculate on the possibility that a certain point might be a low or vice versa, and that's not going to be accurate.

For myself when we are sure that it has reached the ATH but the price is still rising, then I will stop chasing it because for me it is too risky. I would probably prefer to wait, even if it takes longer, but it doesn't matter when we have prepared everything.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1065
  • Last Active: May 01, 2024, 08:49:32 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
In my strategy of accumulating more after selling during the bull market, I suggested to myself that I sell to fait (USDT) rather than a stable coin. Although USDT may also be centralized, I think it's more safe than some other stable altcoins. Such a strategy is good, but not everyone likes to adopt it. Some people will prefer to hold their coins for so many years before they sell off. For example, a member said that he has been holding his bitcoin for more than 10 years, and for those intervals, two bull markets have been crossed. 

Online DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1074
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: Today at 05:15:30 AM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 11:08:22 AM »

The truth is that we can't be sure where the lows will be and where the highs will be, we can only speculate on the possibility that a certain point might be a low or vice versa, and that's not going to be accurate.

For myself when we are sure that it has reached the ATH but the price is still rising, then I will stop chasing it because for me it is too risky. I would probably prefer to wait, even if it takes longer, but it doesn't matter when we have prepared everything.
Well, if you sold your assets at the previous ATH, and are currently assessing the market's possibilities, you can set a specific price point at which you are willing to re-enter the market. It's not necessary to enter at the bottom since nobody can predict the exact price. However, if your goal is to invest at the lowest point possible, you can use the DCA strategy once the market enters the bearish phase again. This way, you can enter the market at different prices and have a chance to buy at the lowest possible price.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
    • View Profile

Well, if you sold your assets at the previous ATH, and are currently assessing the market's possibilities, you can set a specific price point at which you are willing to re-enter the market. It's not necessary to enter at the bottom since nobody can predict the exact price. However, if your goal is to invest at the lowest point possible, you can use the DCA strategy once the market enters the bearish phase again. This way, you can enter the market at different prices and have a chance to buy at the lowest possible price.
Yeah you are correct mate, I know we all wanted to really maximize our profits especially in this volatile investment that is why we do DCA. But most of our profits I think rests on stable coins after we reap it in times of bull run or new ATH and exited the volatile market to protect our funds from the sudden plummet during correction or the bear market.

Offline Don Pedro Dinero

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1657
  • Last Active: April 30, 2024, 03:21:47 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    10 Poll Votes Poll Voter Search
Just yesterday I answered a similar question on our local board. Not only is it very difficult to get the highs and lows of the market right, but in my post yesterday I quoted two articles entitled 'The best investor in history' and 'The worst investor in history' which showed that for periods of less than 100 years the DCA strategy is the same and even gives a little more return than the strategy of the best investor in history, who was always right to buy at the lowest moments of the market. The studies were done on the stock market but I am convinced that they apply directly to bitcoin as well.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG