follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Hackers and their use of mixing services  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3473
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 12:24:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Hackers and their use of mixing services
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:32:09 AM »
Chainalysis released an article a few days ago entitled As Exchanges Beef Up Security Measures, Hackers Get More Sophisticated. It's pretty obvious for me that hackers will adapt to whatever security upgrades these exchanges will have but what really got me interested is how the hacked coins are being spent/sold/liquidated.

Chainalysis claims that a group of hackers are now using coin mixing/coinjoin services in 2019 compared to the previous years. We can also notice that they've stopped using centralized crypto exchanges and that is probably due to way these exchanges are coordinating faster now to block/freeze funds from hackers' wallets. (refer to image below)

We know that it's the exchange fault for getting hacked but it still kinda sucks to think that the services that are meant to increase our privacy & anonymity are also aiding these hackers (and also money launderers). The fact that developers are trying to improve mixing methods and that more and more mixing services are coming out also gives hackers more options.

When you come to think of it, nothing also stops hackers from creating their own mixing methods. They have the resources and I would not doubt if they have the skills. Maybe there's already one under development, who knows?

(Disclaimer: I've already posted a similar topic in another forum)

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Hackers and their use of mixing services
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:32:09 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG