follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: [GUIDE] What are Crypto Airdrops?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1767
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 08:33:26 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
Re: [GUIDE] What are Crypto Airdrops?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2024, 06:22:49 PM »
If the fee is considered quite high, even more than 5$, this will be very suspicious, right? Therefore, we as airdrop hunters also have to consider the pluses and minuses, and the possibilities of whether this is a scam or not.
Does airdrop that explicitly asks for a fee still exist? As far as my experience goes, most of them have pivoted to fees farming as mentioned above, or locking your tokens for some period of time before you can withdraw it again. At least that's how it goes with layer-2 airdrop, while NFTs airdrop requires you to mint some NFT and so on. I don't think scammers will use this $5 paid upfront technique nowadays since it won't be as effective as before.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2024, 06:22:49 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 908
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 09:35:10 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2024, 07:15:08 PM »
Airdrops are aimed or targeted to give us little idea on how we could earn little by little incentives, make transactions and use the crypto network effectively, they are sometimes given as free distributions for some of its participants, but of recently, people are no more interested in running after them as much are scam and not rewarding as before, so its only advised that newbies should take opportunities of learning from some of these airdrops and earn free rewards to have a start with.

Offline Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

• Activity: 1136
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 10:38:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 09:25:01 PM »
If the fee is considered quite high, even more than 5$, this will be very suspicious, right? Therefore, we as airdrop hunters also have to consider the pluses and minuses, and the possibilities of whether this is a scam or not.
Does airdrop that explicitly asks for a fee still exist? As far as my experience goes, most of them have pivoted to fees farming as mentioned above, or locking your tokens for some period of time before you can withdraw it again. At least that's how it goes with layer-2 airdrop, while NFTs airdrop requires you to mint some NFT and so on. I don't think scammers will use this $5 paid upfront technique nowadays since it won't be as effective as before.
You're absolutely right, airdrops has indeed evolved beyond the explicit fee model, and so have scammers also evolved and have adapted their tactics.

Phishing airdrops are the most common model for scammers right now, they'll create fake airdrops that actual copies the look and features of a real one, they often use this to steal users assets as well as some sensitive informations.

Offline Paldo.io

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 5
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 01:01:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    Karma Topic Starter First Post
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2024, 01:58:23 AM »
Maybe you can show something more to make your words credible. People will look for a negative side since they don't find any reason to believe in your words especially since your account is a newbie account. They might think that the airdrops listed might be full of scams or phishing and not being filtered by you.

Though I fully support using your website as I have experience and know those listed airdrops you have on your website. Aside from that, I know you from the other forum. ;)
In hindsight — I think I should've used my other forum's username instead for better reputation lol.  :o

But I suggest you guys should also add short term and point based airdrops, like the airdrops in which we make points by posting on twitter and tagging the projects, I think such airdrops are also worthy enough to be on your website. I liked the layout as its very simple and I will join your TG as well. let's see what you guys have on your TG, As far as I have seen handling TG is very hard task.
I'm so not a fan of those social media airdrops. The reputable airdrops has moved on from those to liquidity airdrops already. Thanks for the recommendation tho!

Because of the popularity of airdrops, there are even some people in our country, who even initiate to conduct a mastering airdrop course. It's a good initiative, actually. But the only thing I disagree with is they require a participation fee. LOL.
If there is a fee and there is a guarantee that participants will get something of equal or greater value than the fee paid, that is no problem. In fact, usually airdrops that use fees have a small number of participants, so airdrop results can be maximized if you use a pool system.

This fee does not have to be paid directly, but could be a main requirement such as capturing transactions or something else. Like Uniswap, which requires users to have made transactions several months before the airdrop announcement was launched. There are those who spend some money on airdrops, and as long as it's worth it, why not?
Indeed, this makes sense.
It cannot be denied that if we do an airdrop, our desire is to get good results from the airdrop. especially if it requires a fee. In this case, the fee is a very small amount. If the fee is considered quite high, even more than 5$, this will be very suspicious, right? Therefore, we as airdrop hunters also have to consider the pluses and minuses, and the possibilities of whether this is a scam or not.

In the past, I had already issued it, an airdrop on blockchain or another platform, it was a long time ago and I forgot, and if I remember correctly, I had to have a fee or something, but it was really a very small amount. And it is used as transfer only. so after that it really really made a difference. At that time you could get at least $25, which is quite good considering the fee paid doesn't reach $1.
Yea — contrary to what a lot of people think, most airdrops(good and bad) aren't really 'free'. The good airdrops today that pay really well require you to stake or provide liquidity(albeit temporarily, you can withdraw after); with the risk of protocol exploit. Though I carefully handpick what I list on Paldo.io to make the risks as low as possible, this risk can't be 100% prevented.

Offline DabsPoorVersion

• Activity: 1103
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 01:24:18 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Karma Bad Poll Voter
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2024, 02:57:24 PM »
Maybe you can show something more to make your words credible. People will look for a negative side since they don't find any reason to believe in your words especially since your account is a newbie account. They might think that the airdrops listed might be full of scams or phishing and not being filtered by you.

Though I fully support using your website as I have experience and know those listed airdrops you have on your website. Aside from that, I know you from the other forum. ;)
In hindsight — I think I should've used my other forum's username instead for better reputation lol.  :o
Yeah, you should. But it should be fine, your content provides guide and not requiring payment to continue using, it's useful especially for airdrop hunters, this can save them a lot of time. Also the airdrops that was listed on your website have source, they can verify every information before they proceed on participating the airdrops and following your guides.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 866
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2024, 03:41:01 PM »
I'm so not a fan of those social media airdrops. The reputable airdrops has moved on from those to liquidity airdrops already. Thanks for the recommendation tho!
Everyone has there choice, I have spent a good time on these social media airdrops accumulating points, which is also free to do, although unlike liquidity airdrops we have to give more time and the reward is lesser. But unlike these social media points-based airdrops, there is more risk of losing your investment in these liquidity airdrops. I mean you added LP and afterward, the pair starts to lose value. Although it would be a win-win if you are holding a token for the long term and you added it into LP to gain airdrop.

So no doubt you will be making a profit after a long time as your main aim is to hold that pair for a longer period of time, and you only added LP (another way to hold) and made extra bucks via Airdrops earnings. Speaking of reputable airdrops, many are still in the point system. Like I joined few more airdrops today which was basically testnet based and tasks were easy and free to do, and those platforms had more than $5 million of fundraising (minimum).
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline Aanuoluwatofunmi

• Activity: 908
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 09:35:10 PM
    • View Profile

Poll Voter 500 Posts Karma
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2024, 06:01:31 PM »
Many are no longer finding this interesting since they don't stand a chance of earning any reward after a long term waiting on some of these airdrops, but most beginners are using that as an avenue of learning in other for them to get used to the system in crypto, but you will hardly see someone who is experience and is after the chase of airdrops, as regards this presentation from OP, its a nice one and will help newbies understand what airdrop is because its explanatory.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2024, 06:01:31 PM »

Offline Paldo.io

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 5
  • Last Active: May 12, 2024, 01:01:27 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 3
    Karma Topic Starter First Post
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2024, 02:49:25 AM »
But unlike these social media points-based airdrops, there is more risk of losing your investment in these liquidity airdrops. I mean you added LP and afterward, the pair starts to lose value. Although it would be a win-win if you are holding a token for the long term and you added it into LP to gain airdrop.
Not really lol I wouldn't be recommending these airdrops if there was a higher chance of losing money (e.g. Tensor, etc). 90%+ of the LP airdrops listed on Paldo.io are lending-based and inverse-traders PnL from PERPs, not AMM-LP based as you're describing.

Speaking of reputable airdrops, many are still in the point system. Like I joined few more airdrops today which was basically testnet based and tasks were easy and free to do, and those platforms had more than $5 million of fundraising (minimum).
Most of the liquidity-based airdrops are using a point system simply because it's the best way to track progress.

Many are no longer finding this interesting since they don't stand a chance of earning any reward after a long term waiting on some of these airdrops, but most beginners are using that as an avenue of learning in other for them to get used to the system in crypto, but you will hardly see someone who is experience and is after the chase of airdrops, as regards this presentation from OP, its a nice one and will help newbies understand what airdrop is because its explanatory.
Up to them if they don't want to participate. The lesser the participants, the more allocation I can get from the airdrop lol.

Patience has always been a problem with this industry, that's why you get people dumping their investments after they get bored. It's no different in the airdrop industry.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:51:49 AM by Paldo.io »

Online taufik123

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1687
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 06:45:09 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 22
    Quick Poster Topic Starter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2024, 04:50:11 AM »
Up to them if they don't want to participate. The lesser the participants, the more allocation I can get from the airdrop lol.

Patience has always been a problem with this industry, that's why you get people dumping their investments after they get bored. It's no different in the airdrop industry.
The fewer participants, the more allocations available, but of course some airdrops do not clearly mention how much token allocation is given for airdrops.

It's about choice and confidence, but also do some research first to find out if the airdrop is really worth the reward or if it's just going to be a scam or just won't pay its participants well.

Because there are many airdrops that are very hated by the community and end up not having any development.

Offline armanda90

• Activity: 1134
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 02:23:30 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    Karma Good 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2024, 10:44:34 PM »

The fewer participants, the more allocations available, but of course some airdrops do not clearly mention how much token allocation is given for airdrops.

It's about choice and confidence, but also do some research first to find out if the airdrop is really worth the reward or if it's just going to be a scam or just won't pay its participants well.

Because there are many airdrops that are very hated by the community and end up not having any development.
Currently less airdrop clearly allocated how much reward for participants and make conclusion at the end of airdrop running, I think its bad side of airdrop why not mention on the early about their airdrop project reward depend on allocation of coins supply or estimate with dollar when sending airdrop reward.
I think not worth joining airdrop estimate dollar behind participants not limit, better depend on coins supply such as 2% or 5% allocated to community and airdrop participants.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG