follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Why do people panic and sell their bitcoin when it falls in value?  (Read 21793 times)

Offline Jamal Aezaz

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1667
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 07:21:12 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Quick Poster Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: Why do people panic and sell their bitcoin when it falls in value?
« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2024, 08:47:10 PM »
It's hard to be a diamond hand, but will try for four years to hold it. :D

I believe most of them are selling BTC because they are short of cash and they think when the price drops it is better to sell at a 20% loss than to lose more later.

There are still some people who are more concerned with investing without thinking about how emergency funds should be prepared.

That's why it is always suggested that you don't use that amount of cash which you have to use in your daily routine because you will not be able to wait longer and you will need money for daily uses while Bitcoin will be in dip so obviously if you sell then you will be in loss.

Before Investment you should be prepared for each type of situation and you should accept the fact that selling when there is a dump will be completely unsafe. Investment in Bitcoin cannot give you anything Unless you follow certain rules and regulations and once you invest then you should not take your money back until it grows to give you payback.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #390 on: May 25, 2024, 08:47:10 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Online salad daging

• Activity: 1055
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 10:48:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    1000 Posts Poll Voter Topic Starter
« Reply #391 on: May 25, 2024, 10:17:40 PM »

I believe most of them are selling BTC because they are short of cash and they think when the price drops it is better to sell at a 20% loss than to lose more later.

There are still some people who are more concerned with investing without thinking about how emergency funds should be prepared.

That's why it is always suggested that you don't use that amount of cash which you have to use in your daily routine because you will not be able to wait longer and you will need money for daily uses while Bitcoin will be in dip so obviously if you sell then you will be in loss.

Before Investment you should be prepared for each type of situation and you should accept the fact that selling when there is a dump will be completely unsafe. Investment in Bitcoin cannot give you anything Unless you follow certain rules and regulations and once you invest then you should not take your money back until it grows to give you payback.
I had prepared everything before the investment started.
The monthly salary is not entirely for investment, in fact it is only set aside 20% of the total salary and 10% for emergency funds 60% more for our daily needs.

If you don't do that then for me it will be easier to sell bitcoin at any time if the cash runs out, but if you do good management at the beginning then your investment will be safe and not sold when an urgent situation comes.

Offline $crypto$

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1853
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 04:12:30 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Karma Good 1000 Posts
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2024, 07:48:53 PM »
In trading, everyone has their own skills and strategies, including those who trade in futures. I prefer short term, only when I'm trapped, I'll hold to wait for the market to improve.
This is something that ready traders should have, yes they must have the skills and strategies that they will use to trade, because if they use their own strategy it will make it easier for them, rather than following other people's strategies which in my opinion will confuse us when you have to make a decision.

We can follow other people, but don't swallow it wholeheartedly, I mean we can modify the strategy to make it friendly for us.

Online JoyMarsha

• Activity: 888
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 10:38:22 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    Karma Bad Poll Voter 500 Posts
« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2024, 10:49:16 PM »

Hodling bitcoin for four years is not an easy journey to say, when you don't have a job or something doing to back yourself up financially, not sell your bitcoin for a loss price.

The majority have planned to hodl their bitcoin for up to four years, but the lack of saving up on rainy days made them sell so that they won't get wet on those days it rains. Forgetting that after it rains, it dries up for one to have a smooth journey toward their bitcoin investment. However, one should get prepared on rainy days on time, than hitting on it by surprise

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1884
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 08:11:22 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #394 on: May 31, 2024, 07:53:25 AM »

Hodling bitcoin for four years is not an easy journey to say, when you don't have a job or something doing to back yourself up financially, not sell your bitcoin for a loss price.

The majority have planned to hodl their bitcoin for up to four years, but the lack of saving up on rainy days made them sell so that they won't get wet on those days it rains. Forgetting that after it rains, it dries up for one to have a smooth journey toward their bitcoin investment. However, one should get prepared on rainy days on time, than hitting on it by surprise
If you have a target of holding bitcoin for 4 years, you should use free funds, not be distracted by needs.  And we must have a fixed income that can cover our living needs.  Because long-term holding is not easy, because it takes a long time.  I agree with you, don't let us sell our bitcoin at a loss because of necessity.

Offline bayu7adi

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1240
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 09:29:40 AM
    • View Profile

Karma Bad 1000 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #395 on: May 31, 2024, 08:03:30 AM »

If you have a target of holding bitcoin for 4 years, you should use free funds, not be distracted by needs.  And we must have a fixed income that can cover our living needs.  Because long-term holding is not easy, because it takes a long time.  I agree with you, don't let us sell our bitcoin at a loss because of necessity.
Maybe your intention is to ensure that every living need, including urgent needs, can be covered with FIAT money in savings, and the amount of money allocated for BTC should be free money. To be able to do this, rich people can usually allocate a lot of money, while poor people can only allocate a very small amount. Even if the BTC price experiences a 100% increase, the poor person gets very little profit.

The solution to all this is DCA.. consider BTC as savings that must be set aside every month or every week. Accumulating it within 4 years, is the ideal time, where the average halving period will last for 4 years and that has the potential to provide a big bullish moment at least once to gain profit at the right time.

Offline Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
  • Activity: 9700
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 09:28:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2024, 09:08:23 PM »
I have always thought that selling at a loss is a serious mistake. I understand that people who sell at a loss may think that by selling they will not lose everything, and that they will be able to recover at least part of their investment. But it is just as important to know how to wait as it is to know which project is the most appropriate, that's why there are people who never make money, due to lack of patience.

Choosing the right project (in this case Bitcoin) and knowing how to wait after making the investment are the basic and most important pillars, but not only when we talk about cryptocurrencies, but when we talk about any type of investment in any industry. Each factor must be a complement to the other to be successful.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2024, 09:08:23 PM »

Offline Rubel007

• Activity: 1145
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 03:50:00 PM
    • View Profile

1000 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #397 on: June 01, 2024, 06:47:53 AM »

When it comes to Bitcoin investment there are many investors who invest their necessary money in Bitcoin. They thought they can hold their money for a long time but after a certain period they fail to hold that. Instead of making a profit, they have to sell bitcoins at a loss during that time to raise money. Investors must have a long-term plan before investing. If he doesn't have enough money he should take more time and invest after that otherwise he may suffer in long journey. If you can invest with a minimum period of 4 to 5 years it will be profitable.

Offline LogitechMouse

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1730
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer | Since 2019
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 06:18:56 AM
    • View Profile

Topic Starter 10 Poll Votes Linux User
« Reply #398 on: June 01, 2024, 10:40:21 AM »
I have always thought that selling at a loss is a serious mistake. I understand that people who sell at a loss may think that by selling they will not lose everything, and that they will be able to recover at least part of their investment. But it is just as important to know how to wait as it is to know which project is the most appropriate, that's why there are people who never make money, due to lack of patience.
There are quite a few times in the past where I need to sell some of my Bitcoins because of some events that I can't even control. My mistake at that time is that I went all in on Bitcoin and other altcoins that I forgot to put some of my emergency funds, and when the time comes that I need it, I don't have anything and cryptocurrency at that time is also going down. I have no choice, but to sell some of my tokens just to have some money to use. I sold it at a loss.

I'm disappointed on my decision, but I just thought that at that moment, my priority is the emergency that happened than my portfolio hence, I did that thing. I learned from that of course, and now has emergency funds already.

Offline ajiz138

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1256
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 08:56:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #399 on: June 01, 2024, 02:38:55 PM »
There are quite a few times in the past where I need to sell some of my Bitcoins because of some events that I can't even control. My mistake at that time is that I went all in on Bitcoin and other altcoins that I forgot to put some of my emergency funds, and when the time comes that I need it, I don't have anything and cryptocurrency at that time is also going down. I have no choice, but to sell some of my tokens just to have some money to use. I sold it at a loss.

I'm disappointed on my decision, but I just thought that at that moment, my priority is the emergency that happened than my portfolio hence, I did that thing. I learned from that of course, and now has emergency funds already.
An emergency fund is something we must always have, we should not only focus on investing while we forget to prepare money for unexpected situations. And what you experience is something that will make you better.

I also do the same thing, I always prepare an emergency fund, so that when in an urgent situation I don't have to sell my assets because of an unexpected situation. If we sell at a profit, it is still something good, but if we are forced to sell at a loss then it is something that is not good at all.

Offline doc

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1884
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 08:11:22 AM
    • View Profile

Quick Poster Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2024, 08:10:29 AM »

An emergency fund is something we must always have, we should not only focus on investing while we forget to prepare money for unexpected situations. And what you experience is something that will make you better.

I also do the same thing, I always prepare an emergency fund, so that when in an urgent situation I don't have to sell my assets because of an unexpected situation. If we sell at a profit, it is still something good, but if we are forced to sell at a loss then it is something that is not good at all.
Good advice, we must have an emergency fund that is not in the form of crypto investment, because this is very risky.  When we need it we will sell our coins accordingly, we can suffer losses if when we sell the price of the coins falls.  It's best to use free funds to invest, because crypto is very volatile.

Offline ajiz138

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1256
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 08:56:31 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    1000 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2024, 01:54:19 PM »
Good advice, we must have an emergency fund that is not in the form of crypto investment, because this is very risky.  When we need it we will sell our coins accordingly, we can suffer losses if when we sell the price of the coins falls.  It's best to use free funds to invest, because crypto is very volatile.
Yes, I hold fiat money for that emergency fund, because I realize that something we don't want might happen to us, even though I always pray that I won't be in a situation like that.

Even though we have never experienced something like that, we must prepare for it. Not having experienced it doesn't mean you won't experience it, right? although again I don't expect that to happen to me, and to everyone.

Offline Freemind

• * President *
  • Mythical
  • Activity: 9700
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 09:28:23 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2024, 08:42:45 PM »
When it comes to Bitcoin investment there are many investors who invest their necessary money in Bitcoin. They thought they can hold their money for a long time but after a certain period they fail to hold that. Instead of making a profit, they have to sell bitcoins at a loss during that time to raise money. Investors must have a long-term plan before investing. If he doesn't have enough money he should take more time and invest after that otherwise he may suffer in long journey. If you can invest with a minimum period of 4 to 5 years it will be profitable.

Unfortunately, that is a common problem, but it doesn't just happen with Bitcoin investments, it happens with any coin/token and in any industry as well. There are people (who do not study the market and how it has worked in previous years) who invest the money they need to live (they even ask for loans) thinking that they will obtain great benefits very soon and after a short time they know the reality, this is where the well-known phrase comes from: "invest only what you can afford to lose". Many people learn the meaning of that phrase too late and lose money selling at a loss.

I don't think that should disappoint you, it was the most logical option in an emergency. I would have done the same. The important thing about your experience is that it will not happen to you again now that you have additional funds for any emergency.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Online LUCKMCFLY

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2000
  • Last Active: June 02, 2024, 11:51:09 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2024, 10:51:49 PM »
Yes, I hold fiat money for that emergency fund, because I realize that something we don't want might happen to us, even though I always pray that I won't be in a situation like that.

Even though we have never experienced something like that, we must prepare for it. Not having experienced it doesn't mean you won't experience it, right? although again I don't expect that to happen to me, and to everyone.
Anything that could be a Contingency plan for emergencies is something that should be done immediately, because for all of us we must be people who have to have everything very clear and without any kind of impediments to protect Ourselves , I have seen how some people have saved bitcoin and have it in hodl mode and due to economic emergencies they have had to take it out to solve, so sometimes it is difficult but a good effort has to be made for that, of course it is one of the things that one says, but otherwise many more things have to be done to have Everything absolutely clear, that is what I follow of course.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██