follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Author Topic: Anonymity - good or bad?  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Gladitorcomeback

• Activity: 1119
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: Today at 03:25:48 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Badges: (View All)
    Search 1000 Posts Poll Voter
Re: Anonymity - good or bad?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2024, 08:10:25 PM »
I would say that a country that has to crack down on online anonymity in order to collect taxes of all things, has a very backwards judicial system.

Anyways, aliases are fundamentally necessary for a variety of reasons. First of all, once a website has your real data, they can do whatever they want with it. Mine it, sell it to criminals, etc.

Second, you're going to get mailing list spam from these people and they won't always let you unsubscribe.

Third, who says you must use your real name for signing up to stuff?

Well, it becomes necessary to use your real identity for signing up in places where KYC verification is a requirement because you can't use a fake identity in the beginning and then provide your original details when trying to verify yourself because that wouldn't be entertained. However, if it's a platform that doesn't require such things, take this forum as an example, you don't need to use your real identity or name in such places.

You are right that it is not advisable to provide the original information everywhere because untrustworthy people and platforms can misuse the information, so one needs to make sure that even if they are providing their original details, they are doing it only in places that are trustworthy.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2024, 08:10:25 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here

Offline Faisal2202

• Activity: 838
  • Mixero: Privacy by XMR (Monero) bridge
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 03:43:45 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 14
    500 Posts Search Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2024, 09:12:25 PM »
How many of us use aliases in the crypto world? It's fascinating how biases related to sex, age, skin color, or body type seem irrelevant here—it's purely about your ideas and actions. I was on a call the other day, the presenter used a voice changer and there was no video. It felt freeing to engage purely based on the exchange of thoughts.

However, this anonymity has its downsides, it's easy to get scammed. Additionally, there are legal concerns, especially regarding taxation. Some countries are even reducing anonymity to prevent tax evasion. What do you think is a good balance between maintaining privacy and reducing potential misuse in the crypto space?
I will say raising awareness about the scams can be done using the factor of anonymity, crypto is full of anonymity but only a smart person can utilize this feature fully, so if a smart person is trying hard to remain anonymous then its means all the scammers are smart too. So you have to become smart as well. Otherwise, you can't outperform them and can't save yourselves from there tricks.

Knowledge is power, and once you know that these types of scams occur in the crypto space, then you can keep your anonymity and can save yourself from the scams. And talking about governmental factors like tax evasion, I don't know how people are using anonymity to save themselves from tax, but if they can, then government has to implement friendly taxation that people won't find alternatives which are risky too, and proper facilities should be provided to the citizen paying tax. Otherwise they won't agree to pay tax and find alternatives.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░██████░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████░░█████████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀███▀▀░░▀▀▀█████████
███████▀░░█▀░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████░░░██░░▄█▀▀░░░░░▀▀██████
█████░░░░█░░███████▄▄▄░░░▀████
███░██░░░█▄████████▄░▀█▄░░░███
███░░██░░░███████████░░▀█▄░███
████░░▀██▄▄████████░██░░░█▄███
█████░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀██░░██░░░█████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀░░░▄█░░░██████
████████▀▀▀▀░░░░░░██░░▄███████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄████▄██████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIXERO.IO
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███████▀▀██░▀█████████████████
████████░░█░█▀▀░██████████████
████████░░▀░░░▄███████████████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░▀██████░▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀█▄░░████
████░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▄░▀██░░███
████░░░░░░░░░▄██▀░▄██░░██░░███
█████░░░░░░▄██▀████▀░░██░░████
███████▄▄▄████▄░░░░▄██▀░░█████
███████████░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████░░░░██░░░██████
█████████████░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████
░░█████████░░░██░░░░░░░░░░████
░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████

Offline KingsDen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1577
  • Your Privacy Matters
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 11:59:07 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    Search Poll Voter 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2024, 12:04:02 AM »
The appearance of sexuality spoils the detailed content of the crypto world, which really has something to learn, read, make something new out of it as inspiration, such as a new project or becoming part of a team. I don't devote my time to such conspicuous things, as I said before, I don't like it. There is less fraud than last year, which is a sign of a good direction.

I don't know very well what you said about sexuality, I don't understand your post... If you don't speak English well, or you don't know how to write the language, it's not a problem, you can write in the subforum of your language. Please explain what you wanted to say in your post. I hope you don't write meaningless things just to increase your account rank, that wouldn't be good for you...
@Freemind, it is nice you noticed such an off topic post. It is totally unconnected and unrelated to the ongoing conversation. There are more of this type of people just spamming their way up the rank. I see that you are a moderator and yet you didn't delete such an off topic reply. Or are you not a moderator of that board. I think the idea of global moderation is needed here.
...Tumbler.io......Because.Your.Privacy.Matters......Bitcoin.Mixer...

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9555
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 09:19:10 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2024, 09:18:41 AM »
@Freemind, it is nice you noticed such an off topic post. It is totally unconnected and unrelated to the ongoing conversation. There are more of this type of people just spamming their way up the rank. I see that you are a moderator and yet you didn't delete such an off topic reply. Or are you not a moderator of that board. I think the idea of global moderation is needed here.

When you (or any other user) come across meaningless posts, please report it so we can take necessary action. I'm a global moderator, I'm just giving @Doovla a chance to explain what happened or a reasonable amount of time to edit his post. If within 24-48 hours of my notice, @Doovla has not modified his post, the user will be sanctioned and the post will be deleted.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 719
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 01:29:18 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2024, 04:05:19 PM »
However, this anonymity has its downsides, it's easy to get scammed.
Yes, that's true in the outside world. But if the person is trying scam other members here in this forum they probably got caught and their account get banned. You should really avoid to make a transaction to person without knowing his identity or a person who is not reputable if you found it in this forum or else you will end up losing money.

Additionally, there are legal concerns, especially regarding taxation. Some countries are even reducing anonymity to prevent tax evasion. What do you think is a good balance between maintaining privacy and reducing potential misuse in the crypto space?
Honestly, even though we don't pay tax for every transactions we made through the blockchain, we still pay for taxes when we groceries or other stuff. So I don't see a concrete reason that we are really doing a tax evasion.

Offline joniboini

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1747
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 08:48:53 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 12
    Poll Voter Topic Starter Search
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2024, 09:51:33 PM »
But if the person is trying scam other members here in this forum they probably got caught and their account get banned. You should really avoid to make a transaction to person without knowing his identity or a person who is not reputable if you found it in this forum or else you will end up losing money.
As an alternative, OP can use escrow if he really wants to make a trade without doing any KYC. Use a multi-sig or something similar and privacy is likely a non-issue unless they somehow use a well-known address to send their transactions. It is definitely hard to prevent scammers from making new accounts since you don't need any personal details in a public forum, but anyone can choose whether they will use an escrow or not.

Online Daiana

• Baby Steps
  • Activity: 31
  • New in crypto, very interested in stablecoins
  • Last Active: Today at 04:18:58 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 7
    10 Posts Avatar Karma
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2024, 03:46:30 AM »
Okay, I will do that in the future. I thought that maybe I was missing something, and that was why I didn't understand the person's response!

When you (or any other user) come across meaningless posts, please report it so we can take necessary action. I'm a global moderator, I'm just giving @Doovla a chance to explain what happened or a reasonable amount of time to edit his post. If within 24-48 hours of my notice, @Doovla has not modified his post, the user will be sanctioned and the post will be deleted.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2024, 03:46:30 AM »

Offline jeraldskie11

• Activity: 719
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 01:29:18 AM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2024, 06:52:55 AM »
But if the person is trying scam other members here in this forum they probably got caught and their account get banned. You should really avoid to make a transaction to person without knowing his identity or a person who is not reputable if you found it in this forum or else you will end up losing money.
As an alternative, OP can use escrow if he really wants to make a trade without doing any KYC. Use a multi-sig or something similar and privacy is likely a non-issue unless they somehow use a well-known address to send their transactions. It is definitely hard to prevent scammers from making new accounts since you don't need any personal details in a public forum, but anyone can choose whether they will use an escrow or not.
Yeah, escrow can give assurance to the both party in P2P. As per my knowledge, escrow is not free. You have to pay the person that stands for escrow and the fee depends on how reputable that person is. That's why sometimes if you really trust the other party they prefer not to have an escrow to avoid additional expenses. So it's still up to them.

Offline Uruhara

• Activity: 1155
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: Today at 11:59:38 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    1000 Posts Quick Poster Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2024, 09:26:42 AM »
Anonymity is actually quite good in one area and not so good in other areas that involve reputation and trust in the real world. But in cyberspace I prefer anonymity. Because it makes us feel more free. Likewise with crypto. But I'm also okay with not being anonymous. As long as I can also maintain my privacy well. And no one disturbs my privacy. But often prohibiting anonymity sometimes ends up limiting privacy or disrupting our privacy. And actually I also understand why the government likes everything to be more open and less anonymous. And it's all about security. But yeah, sometimes it really disturbs our comfort in something.

Online Sim_card

• Activity: 823
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: Today at 04:06:25 PM
    • View Profile

500 Posts Poll Voter Quick Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2024, 11:18:08 AM »
Yeah, escrow can give assurance to the both party in P2P. As per my knowledge, escrow is not free. You have to pay the person that stands for escrow and the fee depends on how reputable that person is. That's why sometimes if you really trust the other party they prefer not to have an escrow to avoid additional expenses. So it's still up to them.
Escrow is good when both parties don't trust each other, and it is better to pay the fee than lose all your funds. It is expensive, and it still depends on the amount involved in the transaction. I agree with you that as long as there is trust, there is no need for escrow service.

Offline bitterguy28

• Activity: 1092
  • Coinomize.biz | Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 01:13:33 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes 500 Posts
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2024, 02:13:26 PM »
How many of us use aliases in the crypto world? It's fascinating how biases related to sex, age, skin color, or body type seem irrelevant here—it's purely about your ideas and actions. I was on a call the other day, the presenter used a voice changer and there was no video. It felt freeing to engage purely based on the exchange of thoughts.
how did you know that the caller uses the voice changer?  anyway anonymity is always good because for this we are not prone to any abuse or attack but on the other hand this is also being used sometimes in the same manner.

However, this anonymity has its downsides, it's easy to get scammed. Additionally, there are legal concerns, especially regarding taxation. Some countries are even reducing anonymity to prevent tax evasion. What do you think is a good balance between maintaining privacy and reducing potential misuse in the crypto space?
government has the rights to do everything they think that needs for their country to stand strong .

Offline 0t3p0t

• Legendary
  • Activity: 1453
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 04:53:36 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
    10 Poll Votes 1000 Posts too active, 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2024, 02:23:04 PM »
Well I think tax evasion in cryptocurrency works only thorugh p2p but when we are using local exchange or wallets that provides conversion to local currency it's already included the tax I think. Unless we declare our crypto income we are subject to withholding taxes but if it's through p2p it's unlikely to happen. Though I only trust those high reputable people in exchanges especially those who have the best feedbacks so the possibility of being scammed is quite low.

Regarding anonymity, since we all know that it is what it is here in crypto space then we should have to differentiate scams from legit. Just like believing in anonymous team from a project we wanted to invest in I think we should do something.

Sometimes anonymity has positive and an advantage for especially here on the internet some people prefer to be anonymous and some just don't care but me persnally I like being anonymous.

Offline Freemind

• Mythical
  • Activity: 9555
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 09:19:10 PM
    • View Profile

Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2024, 06:27:28 PM »
Okay, I will do that in the future. I thought that maybe I was missing something, and that was why I didn't understand the person's response!

No, you weren't missing anything, don't worry.

@Doovla did not modify his post after almost 48 hours, nor did he explain if it had been a mistake. After 5 warnings, the user receives the first strike. The post that didn't make sense in this thread has also been deleted.
░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░█████████
MIXERO.IO
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
MIX.NOW
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████
█████████████
░░░░░░░░░██████
█████████████
█████████████░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░░█████████░░░░█████████
░░█████████

Offline Gyrgen

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3137
  • Last Active: May 06, 2024, 08:32:23 PM
    • View Profile

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2024, 07:37:57 PM »
The issue of privacy and anonymity is a bit complicated. People always want to maintain their privacy and try to hide their identity, especially in the digital world, but in reality the issue has many dimensions.

Most normal people like to hide their identity but scammers try hard to hide their identity to scam people while governments consider everyone who hides their identity in the world of cryptocurrencies to be a scammer.

The problem facing all those who hide their identity is that if you are defrauded, you will not be able to recover your money because you have hidden the necessary data to prove that you own the stolen assets.

In fact, finding the balance between these things is very difficult, so you are either giving up some of your privacy or giving up some of your money if you are exposed to fraud.
And I think that the majority don’t really want to maintain confidentiality. You just have to go to profiles on any social network, you can find everything there. I’m already silent about the same Google account. Confidentiality is more of a concern for public people, or those who are a little friendly. About anonymity This is generally some kind of fake, it is impossible to save it in the current conditions, you have already been verified 100,500 times, you are just flattering yourself with the hope that this is not so.

Online Captain Corporate

• Activity: 1000
  • Bitcoin Mixer| Since 2019
  • Last Active: Today at 04:15:25 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
    1000 Posts 10 Poll Votes Topic Starter
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2024, 08:57:42 PM »
That depends on what and where we are talking about. I mean I have already talked about this but I gave my KYC to many places without worrying about it at all but I have also declined to keep denying giving my KYC to many people as well. Think about it this way if I gave my KYC then I trusted that place which is why I believe that it wasn't an issue and I didn't care about staying anonymous, but if I declined then I didn't trust that place and I would not give anything to that place at all, its just natural instinct at that point.

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG