follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Very simple basic question  (Read 2979 times)

Offline uselessmoron

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 3
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: November 29, 2020, 12:35:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 6
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post Karma Third year Anniversary
Very simple basic question
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:08:13 PM »
I am running a full node. I have an ethereum address. I am expecting some ETH to be deposited. No idea who the sender is. I can see it's arriving. balance has changed. I want to know the txid. What command do I fire?

bitcoin has simple commands to get confirmations and txid. How do I do that in ethereum. I am not asking for much just want to know the txid using geth or RPC !! Kindly advise.

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Very simple basic question
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:08:13 PM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Offline I-Bit

• Legendary
  • Activity: 2213
  • Referrals: 1
  • Last Active: April 27, 2024, 09:57:44 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts
Re: Very simple basic question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 11:28:57 PM »
Did you mean that you accept some ETH from an address but you don't know who gave you?
First, check it in etherscan.io to know the transaction. You can find the transaction there from what address do you accept.
Or maybe you are running a certain campaign or joining other ways? You are talking about running a full node, is it probably from it?

Offline uselessmoron

• 1st Step
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 10:24:30 AM »
No my friend.
I am running a full node. I shouldn't have to go etherscan.io
Else what's the point running as full node if I have to go to a public website to check for confirmations and txids.
I am running a full node. I know the transaction is somewhere in a file on my harddisk.

I want to know the txid. What command do I fire?

Offline Ak600

• Activity: 523
  • Last Active: June 03, 2021, 10:34:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 19
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
Did you mean that you accept some ETH from an address but you don't know who gave you?
First, check it in etherscan.io to know the transaction. You can find the transaction there from what address do you accept.
Or maybe you are running a certain campaign or joining other ways? You are talking about running a full node, is it probably from it?
Yes brother you have given correct answer.  Because if someone gives a token in Ethereum Wallet, you have to go to Ethereum Scan to get his address, then his address can be found. Thank you.
100xCoin{On Our Way to $1B
Market Cap & Beyond
}
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline wxxyrqa

• Activity: 492
  • Last Active: February 23, 2024, 12:19:50 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 10 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »
I am running a full node. I have an ethereum address. I am expecting some ETH to be deposited. No idea who the sender is. I can see it's arriving. balance has changed. I want to know the txid. What command do I fire?

bitcoin has simple commands to get confirmations and txid. How do I do that in ethereum. I am not asking for much just want to know the txid using geth or RPC !! Kindly advise.
The fact is that it is much easier to learn about transactions on the Ethereum network than about Bitcoin transactions. At least etherscans have a cleaner interface, where you can find all the information available. In addition, if you do not suggest where you could get Ethereum, then it could only be a mistake of another user.

Offline bigcash2011

• Activity: 907
  • Findital dot blogspot dot com
  • Last Active: January 16, 2024, 03:34:05 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 15
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 02:44:28 PM »
You can easily track all eth transactions from you wallet and alternatively you can check all your wallet transactions with all details from platforms like ethplorer and etherscan etc.

Offline uselessmoron

• 1st Step
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
No I shouldn't have to visit an external website if I am running a full node. That should be the point of running blockchain. I am sorry but bitcoin-cli has simpler commands. Just run a listreceivedbyaddress and it shows you txids, confirmations, everything!!
Ethereum is intentionally convoluted and unfriendly TO MAKE people depend on websites like etherscan. That is criminal and bad politics to maintain control.
Anyone running a full blockchain should be able to track down details of their address with simple commands.
On ETH one has to go through details of every block to find a needle in a haystack. There is no direct way to find txids associated with your own address. I am sorry but that's the hard fact. Having to depend on an external website to get details about your transaction defeats the purpose of decentralization!

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »

Online Zed0X

• Legendary
  • Activity: 3441
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Referrals: 34
  • Last Active: Today at 01:26:03 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 27
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 04:33:01 PM »
I'm not sure if there's an eth developer/miner/running a full node here to answer your question.

I've been searching on https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/ but I am not sure if what I've seen is what you're looking for. Perhaps it's better if go visit that website yourself.

Sorry if we're not of any help.

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
No I shouldn't have to visit an external website if I am running a full node. That should be the point of running blockchain.

You're completely right, you should be able to get this info yourself from console with commands, not from an external source. Totally defeats the purpose of running a full node if you're going to etherscan for blockchain data. That said, I've never run the command myself when running a node.

Regarding geth, here the list of command line options, not sure if you've seen it. I had a quick look but couldn't find any "get transaction info", but here it is:
https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/wiki/Command-Line-Options
https://geth.ethereum.org/docs/interface/command-line-options

+1, good question. Such a good question that nobody has the answer for you  :-\
This user might know though, is very knowledgeable: https://www.altcoinstalks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=77416
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:51:58 AM by dragononcrypto »

Offline NANCY

• Possible Cheater
  • Activity: 511
  • Referrals: 5
  • Last Active: April 02, 2024, 07:20:28 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 20
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 07:28:53 AM »
Many thanks to the senior brother because there is a nice topic here to solve all the questions. Any questions on what to do here. There are many coins in cryptocurrency, but if you hold any coin, you will be able to make a lot of profit in the future.

Offline Mental

• Possible Cheater
  • Activity: 570
  • 100x Coin
  • Referrals: 4
  • Last Active: April 04, 2022, 09:33:08 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 06:14:25 PM »
Senior brother, if you want to earn more etherium, you have to work hard.  If you do the bounty well then you can earn a lot of etherium thanks.
100xCoin{On Our Way to $1B
Market Cap & Beyond
}
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Offline Bitstar_coin

• Activity: 928
  • Coinomize.biz
  • Last Active: January 18, 2024, 07:37:57 PM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 17
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 07:47:30 PM »
No I shouldn't have to visit an external website if I am running a full node. That should be the point of running blockchain. I am sorry but bitcoin-cli has simpler commands. Just run a listreceivedbyaddress and it shows you txids, confirmations, everything!!
Ethereum is intentionally convoluted and unfriendly TO MAKE people depend on websites like etherscan. That is criminal and bad politics to maintain control.
Anyone running a full blockchain should be able to track down details of their address with simple commands.
On ETH one has to go through details of every block to find a needle in a haystack. There is no direct way to find txids associated with your own address. I am sorry but that's the hard fact. Having to depend on an external website to get details about your transaction defeats the purpose of decentralization!

Bro I don't think there is a dev or someone with this knowledge  to answer your question here because I see majority of replies are the opposite of what you are looking for,  they never bother to read and understand before making a reply,
I will suggest you ask same question on bitcointalk if you have an account there because they have many devs and tech guys in there.

Offline Trumpet

• Activity: 810
  • Last Active: April 25, 2024, 09:53:01 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 21
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 03:31:24 AM »

Although I did not understand your post very well after reading what you wanted to know. Yet from what I understand from there I think you might want to know which token is Ethereum when transacting. Whether the address must be one. Madame Medical Address is not one an any time. Each address is different. No country matches with any address.
                  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄██▄ █████████
████████ ████████ ███████▄██ █████▄ ███████
██████████████   ████████ ▀▀ ███████▄███████
████████████████████████         ████ █        ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████         █████         █████   █████▄▄█████████▄█████▄▄▄██████▄
█████████████████████ ██████▄     ██████       ████████   ▄█████████ █████████████████████
▐█████████████████████▄ ██████     ███████      █████▀   ███████████ █████████ ████████████
▐███████████████████████           ███████      ▀██████   ███████████ █████████  █████████▀▀
▐██████████████████████▄          ███████     █▄ ███████  █████████████████    ████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄         ███████     ███▄██████  ██████████ ██████████ ▄▄██████▄
 █████████████████████████         ███████     ████▀▀▀████ ███ ███████████████████████████
 ██
███████████████████████         ███████     ████   ████ ███  █████████████████████████▀
 █████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀  ██████▀▀▀
                 NFTanks.app                 
A collection of 3333 unique Dogetankers
and New Play to earn (P2E) NFT game
[  PvE Mode  ]   [  PvP Mode  ]   [ Team Battle ]
|   TWITTER   |  TELEGRAM  |   DISCORD   |

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG