follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Ethereum new deflationary policy EIP1559  (Read 624 times)

Offline dragononcrypto

• * 2nd President *
  • Legendary
  • Activity: 3359
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 24
  • Last Active: October 10, 2023, 04:33:12 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Ethereum new deflationary policy EIP1559
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
Many have argued that Ethereum was never meant to compete with Bitcoin, as the former is a blockchain platform designed and built for finance applications, the other is as a currency and stable store of value.

With Bitcoin's inflation as of last year reduced to +1.6% (-50% every four years), and now Ethereum proposing to become a deflationary asset with a -1% inflation rate per year, then it's now seems possible for Ether to compete with Bitcoin as no.1 cryptocurrency in my personal opinion.

If approved by the network, this could lead to being an even more interesting experiment than a fixed supply and fixed reducing inflation that Bitcoin created over a decade ago, as far as a I understand. This would make it the largest deflationary cryptocurrency asset in existence, given that despite Bitcoin's great economic policy of regulated inflation, it's still inflationary (until 2140 at least).

The idea that the more the network is used, the more it deflates, the less it is used, the more it can inflate - at least as far as I understand. The requirement of always having more gas produced/mined is a requirement for the platform to function (unlimited supply), but it doesn't mean that it can't be reducing in quantity over-time either, as long as more will always be produced. It's certainly given me a lot of food for thought.

Reference: https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-improvement-proposal-1559-london-hard-fork

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

Ethereum new deflationary policy EIP1559
« on: March 06, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG