follow us on twitter . like us on facebook . follow us on instagram . subscribe to our youtube channel . announcements on telegram channel . ask urgent question ONLY . Subscribe to our reddit . Altcoins Talks Shop Shop

This is an Ad. Advertised sites are not endorsement by our Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise Here Ads bidding Bidding Open

Author Topic: Portfolio management strategy - switching between low and high risk coins  (Read 698 times)

Offline bookman

• 1st Step
  • Activity: 1
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
  • Last Active: May 12, 2022, 09:21:10 AM
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    One year Anniversary Topic Starter First Post
Hello,

as we all know, LUNA has nuked big time and with her all the others.

My question is about little derisking of my portfolio. I am "degen" who started to dump money into alts one year ago. I have been in here during few crashes when BTC went at around 30K level and I am kind of flegmatic so it is not I would be scared now.

But as I have fairy big bag of alts (cca 60% alts, 40% BTC) I got an idea how to derisk other than simply selling majority of the alts in loss. What I mean by switching: lets say there is 5th day of panic in the market and I hold coins of 20 projects: I look at coin gecko and I will sort the coins by pump/dump in percentage for last 7 days. I see that there is a project "A" that I dont have much confidence dumped - 35% and another project "B" that I believe much more (or I just like it more and I am more willing to loose in it than in the A) is -30% So i sell the A and for all the funds I get from selling it I buy B. I kind of derisked (little bit) out of coint that is -35 while only loosing 5%.

NOW THE QUESTION:

As now we are talking about the whole protfolio which somehow grow (and dumps) for more than one year, I cannot compare it like in the first case - last 7 days.

SO: Is it possible to think the same but with PNL which coingecko (or any other portfolio tracker) is calculating?

Example:

I see that today I have PNL on BTC -30%. So I look at all the other projects in my portfolie where I have PNL -30% or "more" (-29%, -28%. -10%....), I sell them all and buy BTC for that money. I dont care how long I hold them or how much of them I hold or how much money I spent on them. I only look at % PNL and sell everything which suffered less then BTC for BTC.

Is it apples to apples with the first example of switching based on % of dump in the last 7 days? Or am I missing something?

Hope I explained it well... English isnt my native language so sorry for that.

Thanks for all the replies

Jan   

Altcoins Talks - Cryptocurrency Forum

For Monthly biddings Check Here

ETH & ERC20 Tokens Donations: 0x2143F7146F0AadC0F9d85ea98F23273Da0e002Ab
BNB & BEP20 Tokens Donations: 0xcbDAB774B5659cB905d4db5487F9e2057b96147F
BTC Donations: bc1qjf99wr3dz9jn9fr43q28x0r50zeyxewcq8swng
BTC Tips for Moderators: 1Pz1S3d4Aiq7QE4m3MmuoUPEvKaAYbZRoG